Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  51
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Joshua v Robert Helenius

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Anthony Joshua v Robert Helenius

Heavyweight Anthony Joshua will face fellow Briton Dillian Whyte at London's O2 Arena on 12 August in a rematch of their 2015 bout.

Joshua, 33, knocked out Whyte in the seventh round of their heated British title fight eight years ago, which also took place at the O2, avenging a loss to his rival in the amateurs.

Olympic gold medallist Joshua went on to become a two-time world champion.

Whyte, 36, lost his only world title challenge to Tyson Fury in 2022.

"I've been clear that my plan is to be active this year," said Joshua. "August 12 is the date - I'll be ready to fight. I look forward to dealing with business."

Whyte beat Joshua by decision as an amateur in 2009, forming the basis of their bitter rivalry.

Joshua gained revenge when the pair met again as professionals in December 2015. 'AJ' was rocked in the second round but recovered to force a stoppage in the seventh.

"I'm looking forward to returning to the London O2 on August 12 and going to war," said Whyte. "It's 1-1, so this is the decider."

Joshua beat American Jermaine Franklin on points in April, his first win in more than two years, having lost consecutive bouts to WBA (Super), IBF and WBO world champion Oleksandr Usyk.

The Londoner - who has won 25 fights and lost three - turned professional after winning gold at London 2012.

He won a world title in his 16th fight, but suffered his first professional loss in a shock stoppage defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr at Madison Square Garden in June 2019, before reclaiming his unified titles on points in the rematch six months later.

Joshua is expected to face former world champion Deontay Wilder in December in Saudi Arabia, with a deal reportedly close to being agreed.

It is understood he wanted a second fight under the tutelage of trainer Derrick James before taking on hard-hitting American Wilder.

After weeks of negotiations, and Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn accepting Whyte's request to remove a rematch clause, the fight has been agreed.

"I can't quite believe this fight is happening and there was absolutely no stopping either man," Hearn said.

"The rivalry runs deep and there is something about these two where they will never back down from each other.

"It is an absolute must-win for both. Get ready for fireworks."

Whyte has not fought since also beating Franklin, also on points, in November 2022. The 'Bodysnatcher' has won 29 fights and lost three since turning professional in 2011.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/66081393
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshua v Dillian Whyte 2

Useless rematch. Dillian is good, but he is just not good enough. But Joshua is just all out pussy to take a real challenge again... lolol... I will root for Joshua again when I see him take on Wilder.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ has a new and highly regarded trainer but looked poor against Franklin. He was hesitant and cautious which would be disastrous against Wilder. AJ must be confident, and his training camp must be going well for him to agree a match-up against Whyte without a rematch clause. Especially with a lucrative bout with Wilder lined up next.

This is a good test to see how AJ is developing with Derrick James. AJ has to look sharp, focused and devastating against Whyte. Dillian will take the fight to AJ, they are local rivals and they do not like one another. This will end in a knockout.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

“I recall when I was training for Usyk, and I had Robert Garcia onboard,” Joshua told talkSPORT. "The fight date kept getting pushed back and the general conversation in the Usyk camp was ‘We need this fight to happen soon, because we don’t want AJ to spend as much time as possible with Robert Garcia.’”

"In my mind I was like, I didn’t feel like I was being taught anything, so I didn’t think it mattered if I spent a year [with him], I was still going to do my thing anyway. With Derrick James, I soak up every second I'm in that gym. Whether I'm successful or not, [new trainer] Derrick James is the truth. The time spent with him is very valuable. It all starts from the mind, it's not just the mitts. He's got a really good mindset."

"The situation I found myself in Garcia... I was actually working with Angel Fernandez and Angel knew that he needed to grow his experience so I left it with him to decide who he felt he would connect with best," he said. "I believe that there's not much point in the athlete in making a decision if the trainer doesn't respect the other coach in the room.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...59c2864&ei=383

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Useless rematch. Dillian is good, but he is just not good enough. But Joshua is just all out pussy to take a real challenge again... lolol... I will root for Joshua again when I see him take on Wilder.
    Bit harsh. I don’t disagree that Whyte is done and I fully expect Joshua to knock him out.
    Wilder has ducked Joshua more times than he’s had hot dinners. Fury didn’t want to know (clearly proven by the news of his next fight) Dubois and Joyce are tied up , he’s fought the World champion twice on the trot.
    So I’m not sure who you think he should’ve fought ?
    And I would also like to know why Joshua gets stick and Fury gets a pass??
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Compared to Fury, can’t knock Joshua for this. I think Whyte is damaged goods and on the slide big time, but a decent opponent after having been frozen out for most of his career.

Always has a punchers chance, but AJ (even gun shy Joshua 2.0) will have too much for him.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

felix cash v austin ammo williams is set to be on the undercard
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Heavyweight Anthony Joshua will face fellow Briton Dillian Whyte at London's O2 Arena on 12 August in a rematch of their 2015 bout.

Joshua, 33, knocked out Whyte in the seventh round of their heated British title fight eight years ago, which also took place at the O2, avenging a loss to his rival in the amateurs.

Olympic gold medallist Joshua went on to become a two-time world champion.

Whyte, 36, lost his only world title challenge to Tyson Fury in 2022.

"I've been clear that my plan is to be active this year," said Joshua. "August 12 is the date - I'll be ready to fight. I look forward to dealing with business."

Whyte beat Joshua by decision as an amateur in 2009, forming the basis of their bitter rivalry.

Joshua gained revenge when the pair met again as professionals in December 2015. 'AJ' was rocked in the second round but recovered to force a stoppage in the seventh.

"I'm looking forward to returning to the London O2 on August 12 and going to war," said Whyte. "It's 1-1, so this is the decider."

Joshua beat American Jermaine Franklin on points in April, his first win in more than two years, having lost consecutive bouts to WBA (Super), IBF and WBO world champion Oleksandr Usyk.

The Londoner - who has won 25 fights and lost three - turned professional after winning gold at London 2012.

He won a world title in his 16th fight, but suffered his first professional loss in a shock stoppage defeat by Andy Ruiz Jr at Madison Square Garden in June 2019, before reclaiming his unified titles on points in the rematch six months later.

Joshua is expected to face former world champion Deontay Wilder in December in Saudi Arabia, with a deal reportedly close to being agreed.

It is understood he wanted a second fight under the tutelage of trainer Derrick James before taking on hard-hitting American Wilder.

After weeks of negotiations, and Joshua and promoter Eddie Hearn accepting Whyte's request to remove a rematch clause, the fight has been agreed.

"I can't quite believe this fight is happening and there was absolutely no stopping either man," Hearn said.

"The rivalry runs deep and there is something about these two where they will never back down from each other.

"It is an absolute must-win for both. Get ready for fireworks."

Whyte has not fought since also beating Franklin, also on points, in November 2022. The 'Bodysnatcher' has won 29 fights and lost three since turning professional in 2011.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/66081393
    I'm washing my hair that night

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On paper a decent enough fight. One that Joshua should win without too much bother. You're oliged to add the 'punchers chance' caveate of course, but the bottem line is Dillian's looked like dog shit for as long as I can remember. Whatever issues you cite Joshua with, he was better than Dillian first time around and he's better than him now.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

AJ said: "We're not fighting regularly enough. Us fighters [are at fault], we're getting treated too well. When we get looked after too well our bellies are full. You gotta be hungry. It's too much. Everybody's getting looked after. Bellies are full.

"You fight in January, you're on holiday until September. Life is good. You know what I mean? You gonna keep eating."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...2042a9f&ei=120

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    AJ said: "We're not fighting regularly enough. Us fighters [are at fault], we're getting treated too well. When we get looked after too well our bellies are full. You gotta be hungry. It's too much. Everybody's getting looked after. Bellies are full.

"You fight in January, you're on holiday until September. Life is good. You know what I mean? You gonna keep eating."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...2042a9f&ei=120
    Fair play to him, at least he owns up to it.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh great call out from AJ. Now if we can only get the Joshua v Wlad version back. You're not Hopkins 2.5 and you're not in your 50's yet so just stop it . Get back on setting combo punching and using the mass. AJ jab is also underrated. Think he'll go all in for this finish here if/when he stuns Whyte but this will be solid while it lasts. Inactivity is sabotaging the sport in chunks right now.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua has always been pretty at saying what people want to hear, I wouldn't take him too seriously..

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If hrgovic wins then who will fury fight next.... Pretty selfish from hrgo

Thread Information