Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SO WHERE THE F*CK ARE YOU MR KESSLER....? MAN UP YOU ****!!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default SO WHERE THE F*CK ARE YOU MR KESSLER....? MAN UP YOU ****!!!!

It's all gone incredibly quiet in Denmark (Nearly a week or so since Warren said YEAH)
    Where's this contract Mr Palle?

www.skysports.com

Is Kessler shittin footballs?

Joe Calzaghe has his sights firmly set on a showdown with Dane Mikkel Kessler and insists he has no regrets about missing out on a clash with Jermain Taylor.

Calzaghe's promoter Frank Warren is hopeful of finalising a super-middleweight unification bout with Kessler having already accepted an offer for his charge to travel to Denmark to take on the WBA and WBC champion.

Both WBO champion Calzaghe and Kessler are unbeaten in their professional careers and a September showdown now looks a real possibility.

Calzaghe, who comfortably disposed of Peter Manfredo Jnr in his last outing, insists Kessler is now his primary target following Taylor's disappointing showing against Corey Spinks.

Taylor, who holds the WBC and WBO middleweight belts, laboured as he edged a split decision against Spinks last month and Calzaghe is adamant a fight with Kessler is now the most eagerly-awaited on the planet.

"Kessler is the best other super middleweight in the world - we're both head and shoulders above everyone else," stated the 35-year-old Welshman. "Kessler is the main man out there. He's number two. He's a very good fighter but I believe his style is suited to me.

"That's why I'm willing to travel to Denmark - I don't think it will be a 50-50 fight. I'm convinced I can knock that guy out.

"These are the sort of fights I want. It's about cementing my legacy now.

”Kessler has two belts, he's undefeated and this is the biggest fight in boxing today. After 25 years of boxing not a lot gets me excited but Kessler will get me excited.

"Jermain's last fight has discredited him a bit. He boxed a welterweight and struggled."

Warren remains confident an official agreement will soon be reached, but warned there were still a few details to be ironed out before a deal could be done.

"We are expecting a response this week. Joe is willing to go to Denmark to fight him,” he declared.

"If for any reason (Kessler's promoter Mogens) Palle can't deliver, then our offer for Kessler to come to the UK is still on the table.

"I heard November mentioned the other day as a possible date, which is ridiculous. Why would we want to wait that long? I can't think of a bigger fight out there between two undefeated fighters at the top of their game.

"The only thing I made clear in negotiations was that we want money up front and money should the fight be cancelled.

"We didn't want Joe to get into training and suddenly the fight can't be delivered. But there is huge money on the table for this fight."

Warren went on to blame Taylor's promoter Lou Dibella for the collapse of Calzaghe's proposed fight with the American, but claims he is now relieved the contest fell through.

"Before the Spinks fight we offered Taylor £5million to come here," he continued. "The man who stopped it happening was Lou DiBella because he wanted £1million for himself.

"The fighter got what he wanted but DiBella wanted a million for himself and that killed the fight. Financially the deal didn't stack up and thankfully we didn't do the deal before the Spinks fight on those numbers.

"I genuinely do not think Taylor's people or Taylor wants the fight. They did their best to price themselves out of it."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: SO WHERE THE F*CK ARE YOU MR KESSLER....? MAN UP YOU ****!!!!

IF Kessler has the balls to face Joe he'll lose in his own backyard by a landslide if Joe doesn't force an 8/9th round stoppage first.

I think someone is running scared

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/n...Nightlead.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2007250481,00.html

The WBO supermiddleweight champion is giving up home advantage to take on Mikkel Kessler in Copenhagen in September.

But WBA and WBC holder Kessler’s promoter Mogens Palle has been rushed to hospital and is unable to send out contracts confirming details.

Palle’s daughter Bettina said yesterday: “My father has been hospitalised and not in a position to do anything at the moment.

“He is undergoing tests right now but we do expect him to be OK. When he has left hospital, he should be able to sort things out for Mikkel.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think either side will budge & this fight will not happen.

All this talk from both sides means nothing its all talk.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ANOTHER EXCUSE
    So why didn't he sign the contract last week (Well before he was ill)..?
    They (Team Kessler) were SO up for this you'd have thought they'd have signed when Warrens ink was still wet

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Erikk
    I dont think either side will budge & this fight will not happen.

All this talk from both sides means nothing its all talk.
    A side has budged already so I dont know what you are talking about. A deal has been offered and it will either be accepted or the other side will be known as the weaker party

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TRUE fight fans (i already knew this) will now agree that Calzaghe is far from a man who 'Ducks fighters'
    Think it's the other way around slightly!!!
    First Taylor sh*ts it and casts his purse demands to a level that smacks of a pussy and now (it seems) Kessler is running scared too.
    I can laugh my head off now the dissbelievers are finally begining to see the reality of it all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well no doubt we are getting down to the nitty gritty here, I think the problem will be the money. Sure they are both willing to travel, but at what cost? Plus I think the postureing is just standard pre contract build up...

Besides if Kessler's shitting Footballs that boy better change his diet

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    Well no doubt we are getting down to the nitty gritty here, I think the problem will be the money. Sure they are both willing to travel, but at what cost? Plus I think the postureing is just standard pre contract build up...

With hindsight it will be proven that Kessler is Veit with a sturdier chin....will just take longer to put away!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm 99% sure that Kessler and Palle are 'hanging it out' until Joe is forced to look elsewhere for the time being.
    Warren put them in a corner (one which they did not expect to be in)when he said they'd go to Denmark and have totally turned this whole saga on it's head.
    brilliant tactics by Warren if you think about it and we are now seeing who has the a**hole for it and who simply wants this a little further down the line in their career
    Warren and Calzaghe have done their bit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I know is this fight is a must see, I mean the horsehit we have been fed of late Briggs vs Ibriagimov, Taylor vs Spinks

A Calzaghe vs Kessler fight would be a nice way to finish out the summer after seeing Judah-Cotto, Margarito-Williams Hatton-Castillo.. That would make me very happy

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smash you know that Warren is a snake. This could be a phony offer, something Warren is known for more then anyone. We know that.

I just want to see this fight. Everyone does. I think it's a fascinating fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I 1st saw the Thread Title with capital letters, obscene language and a tad bit of anger, I figured it was Sal The Butcher who started it

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat
    Smash you know that Warren is a snake. This could be a phony offer, something Warren is known for more then anyone. We know that.

I just want to see this fight. Everyone does. I think it's a fascinating fight.

WARREN DID NOT MAKE THE OFFER FELLA

Earlier this week, Warren agreed to an offer made by Kessler's promoter, Mogens Palle, but has so far heard nothing back from the Dane.

"It's not a done deal until it's signed but we've accepted," Warren told BBC Five Live. "It's now up to Palle to send a contract."

Long term WBO super-middleweight king Calzaghe has been linked to a fight with his WBC/WBA counterpart following victory over Peter Manfredo Jr in April.

Both fighters - neither of whom have tasted defeat before - were keen to secure home advantage, but Calzaghe is so confident of victory, he is prepared to sacrifice a partisan crowd.

"Joe doesn't mind fighting in Denmark," said Warren. "He feels he will beat Kessler anywhere and I believe that's the case as well.

"It's a great fight. It's the two best super middleweights in the world. It's probably one of the most competitive fights at the moment in boxing.

"I just hope that Palle backs up his offer. We sent him an e-mail on Tuesday along with a fax confirming what the terms were and we've not heard from him since.

"I'm hoping it's not all nonsense. He's been talking a lot about fighting Joe with Kessler and we've called his bluff. I don't believe he ever thought that Joe would go to Denmark."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I 1st saw the Thread Title with capital letters, obscene language and a tad bit of anger, I figured it was Sal The Butcher who started it

hahahaha

Thread Information