Default Fidel Castro had a stroke and is near vegetative state

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fidel Castro had a stroke and is near vegetative state

The same doctor who did claim that Chavez was losing ground against cancer not that long ago when, in fact, he's still kickin' and rockin'? Not sure it's a reliable source under the circumstances.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Such secrecy all the time regarding Castro's health.

You'd think things will change when he dies....... when it fact, they won't.
    Brother Raul will ensure a seamless transition within the Castro family.
    Hell.... he's likely running things now anyway.

El Kabong Guest

Soon Cuba will be free again! Cuba Libre!!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Soon Cuba will be free again! Cuba Libre!!!

Uhh.... see post # 3 above.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

He is running things. Mind you, I don't like anyone gloating over Fidel's state if true. The man is no saint, but he has done a lot of good things for Cuba and resisted Yankee imperialism.

I find it ironic that someone like Lyle is suggesting that a nation might become free. Free for what? US corporations to divide and conquer? To advise on how to privatize healthcare? etc etc Keep it within your own borders. It is none of your business.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

He is running things. Mind you, I don't like anyone gloating over Fidel's state if true. The man is no saint, but he has done a lot of good things for Cuba and resisted Yankee imperialism.

I find it ironic that someone like Lyle is suggesting that a nation might become free. Free for what? US corporations to divide and conquer? To advise on how to privatize healthcare? etc etc Keep it within your own borders. It is none of your business.
    Agree 100%. He is hated by the U.S. because he will not sell his people into Salvery.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes. No saint as you say but he has achieved some remarkable things given the circumstances. Also, as you say, Raul has been running things for a while now anyway. But if and when Fidel dies many observers feel that Raul's anti-US position will soften somewhat.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fidel is a great man and created the boxing amateur dynasty.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fidel is/was a despot. Seriously if you are a benevolent great man you don't make it illegal to leave your country w/o government sanction and make it punishable by prison. If Cuba was a great place to live people wouldn't risk drowning in the ocean by the boat full to leave knowing if they are caught by the Cuban government the best they can hope for is a prison sentence.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    Fidel is/was a despot. Seriously if you are a benevolent great man you don't make it illegal to leave your country w/o government sanction and make it punishable by prison. If Cuba was a great place to live people wouldn't risk drowning in the ocean by the boat full to leave knowing if they are caught by the Cuban government the best they can hope for is a prison sentence.
    If America was such a great place it wouldn't have ghetto's, gun crime issues, endemic drug problems, mass unemployment, people selling their homes for medical treatment etc etc. Cuba has its problems, but these things are all relative. I've seen a massive influx of Americans come to this country recently. It doesn't seem to be doing very well either, though it likes to force a lot of others to suffer with embargo's and the like. Despicable really.

Personally I am completely against unelected representatives, but Castro has done some good things. You aren't going to need tens of thousands of dollars for medical treatment and it has a decent system of education. And lest we forget, Cuba struggles so much because America makes it so with its ridiculous embargo.

The US wanted their puppet in Batisda and on that being rejected, Cubans have been paying the price ever since. All things considered Cuba has done well.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This may be the thousandth Castro at death's door story since he took power :

Fidel Castro's public appearance quashes deathbed rumours | World news | guardian.co.uk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see where this thread is going, another chance for miles to spew his anti-american bullshit, and he appears to have friends.

Let me be clear, Fidel Castro is a sworn enemy of United States, who came close to causing a catastrophic nuclear war between the U.S. and the Soviet Union. All you muther-fuckers who think he's a great man can kiss my American ass. I hope the commie cocksucker dies an excruciatingly painful death, I just wish I could be the one to put a bullet in his head.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castro is a piece of shit, nuff said.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If America was such a great place it wouldn't have ghetto's, gun crime issues, endemic drug problems, mass unemployment, people selling their homes for medical treatment etc etc. Cuba has its problems, but these things are all relative. I've seen a massive influx of Americans come to this country recently. It doesn't seem to be doing very well either, though it likes to force a lot of others to suffer with embargo's and the like. Despicable really.

Personally I am completely against unelected representatives, but Castro has done some good things. You aren't going to need tens of thousands of dollars for medical treatment and it has a decent system of education. And lest we forget, Cuba struggles so much because America makes it so with its ridiculous embargo.

The US wanted their puppet in Batisda and on that being rejected, Cubans have been paying the price ever since. All things considered Cuba has done well.
    You just don't know when to leave well enough alone and shut the fuck up do you asshole.

Thread Information