Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Right Hand Counters After Slipping A Straight Left Lead

First, this is a "natural" by the way, slip inside, driving straight right to the heart.(all one motion- and perfect spot for the head movement posted on the How to slip place) Slip to the inside, straight to the chin(under his left arm:watch Archie Moore)Slip inside, cross the right (a right hook) to the chin; shift weight over strght left leg, turn hips and shoulders through centerline, raise rght elbow, arm half bent whip in an arc towards left shoulder. SLIP outside, weight goes to right leg as punch goes by, shift wght to left leg, pivoting to right, hooking right to the chin; or take slight step due right w/right foot, uppercut to body or chin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Right Hand Counters After Slipping A Straight Left Lead

Hey thanks a lot greynotsoold I just started boxing, am a converted former martial arts point fighter, and spent last night writing down pages of notes I learned going through this forum and writing stuff down. Your posts are golden. In fact if you get a chance I'm wondering if you know of any drills to incorporate to help learn to parry punches? Also maybe if you could throw up some lists on countering the right hand just like you did with countering the left hand I'd really appreciate it.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Right Hand Counters After Slipping A Straight Left Lead

I was planning on, either this evening or tomorrow morning, posting some ideas on how to parry a str. left lead, and left hand counters off that parry. Then do the whole thing for the traight right; slips, parries and left and right counters. Finally, if there is interest, I planned on posting 8 specific moves. What I found that worked for me was prcticing each move every night in front of the mirror while I 'shadowboxed'. Really visualize an opponent and work sharp and fast, as you would in the ring. I also used tape to make 'targets' on my heavy bag, representing the various places it pays to punch, like the solar plexus, the liver, the heart, the chin, etc Then I practiced each move on the heavy bag too. The thing to remember is to snap when you move don't roll; slip like you would punch because the movements are the same.

Thread Information