Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Robert Garcia Noticed a Key to Victory for Maidana

During All-Access one of the things Garcia told Maidana was,

"Throw a lot of punches, but don't get too close so that you can throw the straight right hand."

Controlling the distance is one of the most important things you can do in a fight. The fighter who keeps the fight where he wants it wins the fight on overwhelming amount of the time. Needless to say, Floyd is a master of it. I showed some clips on it during a film study for the rematch

Mayweather vs Maidana Film Study Analysis

The thing is even though Garcia is giving Maidana the correct instructions, that doesn't mean he's going to be able to execute it against Mayweather come fight night. Floyd has every advantage; footwork, footspeed, handspeed, defensive ability, ability to adapt etc. Now on top of all that Mayweather has decided to work with Ariza. Guaranteed he comes in to this fight with more muscle than we've ever seen him with before. I think Floyd's ego is pushing him to go for the stoppage on this one.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Garcia Noticed a Key to Victory for Maidana

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWaltersJr View Post

"Throw a lot of punches, but don't get too close so that you can throw the straight right hand."

Controlling the distance is one of the most important things you can do in a fight. The fighter who keeps the fight where he wants it wins the fight on overwhelming amount of the time. Needless to say, Floyd is a master of it. I showed some clips on it during a film study for the rematch

The thing is even though Garcia is giving Maidana the correct instructions, that doesn't mean he's going to be able to execute it against Mayweather come fight night. Floyd has every advantage; footwork, footspeed, handspeed, defensive ability, ability to adapt etc. Now on top of all that Mayweather has decided to work with Ariza. Guaranteed he comes in to this fight with more muscle than we've ever seen him with before. I think Floyd's ego is pushing him to go for the stoppage on this one.
    You could right but Maidana is very much a physical type of fighter,! and Floyd did not like being
    out mauled in side, Floyd was complaining to the ref about being hit on the back of the head, as
    Maidana right hand did connect, but Floyd was bending his head you would have to say his own fault.
    Floyd was manhandled a bit nothing he could not handle, we seem to forget he is a tough guy, I
    expect a touch fight, but Floyd still wins hands down.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWaltersJr View Post

Great post! I'm really looking forward to the rematch, my biggest worry is that it turns into a totally one sided affair.
    Thanks to Floyd, we will see the rematch! Whether it's ego or giving the fans what they want (hard to believe considering it's Floyd) the fight is going to happen, so loads of respect for Floyd.
    I'm glad to see Maidana get another big payday, he deserves it for shutting down Broner and taking it to Floyd. Both those fights were great, with all three fighters getting an A+, but Maidana shinned a little brighter, in my opinion. All I'm saying is that Floyd hasn't lost that many rounds in very many fights.
    Floyd wins again, but I'm hoping Garcia has tweaked something else about Maidana to make Floyd really work for that win and big payday.
    Good luck to them both, honestly!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Garcia Noticed a Key to Victory for Maidana

I hope Maidana can use the fact that the fight is also 154lb to his advantage and use his weight and strength to put inellegent pressure on the smaller Floyd.

Floyd fought more stationary because he chose to do it, not because he got old.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information