Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Post The Computer Game thread

There are threads on books, films, sex and oh so many more on politics, so I thought I would start a thread about computer games.

I am playing The Witcher 3 GOTY edition. Now that I am at home rebuilding I am playing this a bit and I am enjoying it so far. It seems to be pretty huge and with all the extra material in the GOTY edition, it will likely take a very long time to finish. At first I was thinking 'What's this Lord of the Rings shit? But you get used to all the weirdness. After this I want to play the new Tomb Raider as it looks beautiful and I am really into that adventuring thing.

What games are you into at the moment?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Computer Game thread

strip poker and drinking games.

tinder counts as a game

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Played a pinball machine for the first time in ages Forgot how focused a guy could get. Need to bid on one for Christmas

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really want a ps4 but I know I don't play enough games to make it worth my while.

I've got a ps3 and only own 2 games for it, call of duty and fight night.

I just want a ps4 for red dead 2, and I wanna play that no man's sky

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I play a lot of chess online, anyone else? I will crush you!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's a lot of good games out there Batman. I am really looking forward to RDR2 as well. I loved the last one. I don't consider myself a serious gamer but I do like to take on a big game every couple of months. Sometimes these new games are just so big which is great value for money but in The Witcher 3 I have forgotten what the main story is all about. I AM SO DISTRACTED BY SIDE QUESTS!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love to play army games

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sons play Assasins Creed, Destiny, Mine Craft, terraria(I do not know if I am spelling them right)

Where is the sex thread?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've been playing Team Fortress Classic for 16 years now!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FIFA now for 22 years

Want another fight night game for ps4
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    There's a lot of good games out there Batman. I am really looking forward to RDR2 as well. I loved the last one. I don't consider myself a serious gamer but I do like to take on a big game every couple of months. Sometimes these new games are just so big which is great value for money but in The Witcher 3 I have forgotten what the main story is all about. I AM SO DISTRACTED BY SIDE QUESTS!
    Yeah my problem is that I like to play my playstation whilst having a few cans and listening to music, a lot of today's games require the sound to be on, that's why I have stuck with Fight Night for so long, I can play it whilst I'm steaming drunk with my music blasting and still destroy everyone on the hardest setting.

RDR was brilliant, I loved that game, and I loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham city.

Another problem is that I don't have enough stamina for big games these days, I'm a casual gamer at best, I struggle with massive story lines because I lose interest in a game after a few weeks (I bought the last of us when it first came out and played it for all of 20 minutes before deciding I was bored by it, haven't ever touched it since)

One of my favourite games of all time though is Heavy Rain, fucking awesome that was, the other one was alright as well, the one with the little poltergeist dude, wasn't as good but still decent.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Sons play Assasins Creed, Destiny, Mine Craft, terraria(I do not know if I am spelling them right)

Where is the sex thread?
    The one with the mammary organs floating about.

I spent a good few hours today playing The Witcher 3 and I am getting into it now. You have to stay away from the side quests and do them at the end.

I think I can have it done along with all the bonus content by Christmas when I can buy Tomb Raider and pretend that I too have mammary organs.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Yeah my problem is that I like to play my playstation whilst having a few cans and listening to music, a lot of today's games require the sound to be on, that's why I have stuck with Fight Night for so long, I can play it whilst I'm steaming drunk with my music blasting and still destroy everyone on the hardest setting.

RDR was brilliant, I loved that game, and I loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham city.

Another problem is that I don't have enough stamina for big games these days, I'm a casual gamer at best, I struggle with massive story lines because I lose interest in a game after a few weeks (I bought the last of us when it first came out and played it for all of 20 minutes before deciding I was bored by it, haven't ever touched it since)

One of my favourite games of all time though is Heavy Rain, fucking awesome that was, the other one was alright as well, the one with the little poltergeist dude, wasn't as good but still decent.
    I know what you mean with the long games. I am still playing the Witcher 3 and I have tallied up 50 hours so far and all I have been doing is discovering places and doing side missions and contracts. It's alright as the game is really good, but if I was working right now I would only be able to play and hour here or there and I wouldn't be into it at all. I sit there and do it in 4 hour chunks and still I just open up new undiscovered places and thus still ignore the main story which is apparently very long too. I am having a blast, but this is going to end up being the biggest game I have ever played. It's amazing how much content they have put into this.

GTA 5 was a big game, but this is going to dwarf that by quite a margin in the end. Massive. I bought the Game of the Year Edition so it also has the two download extra add ons that will apparently add another 70 hours of gameplay time. This could end up being over 270 hours. That is just ridiculous. It's like a month of your life if you play 9-5 everyday. It's no wonder gamers end up becoming nerds who sit in the dark acting like they have Tourette's.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

@Batman I just got the new PlayStation and was looking for a boxing game. All I saw was ufc. Do they make a boxing game for ps4

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Unfortunately no boxing game for the PS4, Walrus. Fight Night was a good series on the PS3, but the makers abandoned it for that weird wrestling and kicking thing that has none of the beauty and artistry of boxing.

Thread Information