Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

What Will Happen to America if Trump Wins Again? Experts Helped Us Game It Out.

The scenarios are ... grim.

https://wapo.st/3VjLJ28

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

That is extreme and bad news for the world if it happens.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

The first time around it could conceivably be dismissed as a gigantic mistake.

A second time would be colossal idiocy and a damning blight on mankind.

Unfortunately I wouldn't want to take that bet.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

It gets worse:

https://twitter.com/BrendanNyhan/sta...93227582181376

Right now you have the west as a solid bulwark of freedom and democracy countering Russia and China globally with India somewhat as a counterweight to those two in Asia. However India is now full on nationalist and slipping further away from the west. If America goes then South American countries will start backsliding, other European countries will follow Hungary and Italy into nationalism/fascism/authoritarianism and we'll be left with little islands of democracy under seige from various nationalist/fascist forces both at home and abroad. You won't really get an idea of how that will affect countries like Britain until a few years after it happens. It will not be pretty. We already have a loony conservative government who just might manage to tip the country into an economic meltdown to surpass 2008 by the end of this week and could cause enough damage to wreck the union and the democratic system to some extent. You'd think that would keep them or anything further right out of power for a generation after that (if it happens) but you need to reckon with the fact that the average voter is a fucking moron who will draw the wrong conclusions and blame the wrong people and then elect somebody even worse.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aaaaaand the Yankees win. Playoff baseball at Yankee Stadium and I'm not there. I'm not expecting them to do anything in the playoffs. If they get hot and start playing like they did at the start of the season I might go. The old Stadium was the most electric place in sports for a big night game in the playoffs. Unbelievable during the dynasty era. Even better than Roker Park.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My least favorite scenario would be a Yankees-Padres WS.

The perennial title-buying conglomerate vs probably the most obnoxious lineup in baseball.

I was rooting for Judge to win the Triple Crown... but that's about as much as I root for a Yankee.

(BTW, I have birthrights to them, since I was born in the Bronx. )

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

The perennial title-buying conglomerate vs probably the most obnoxious lineup in baseball.

I was rooting for Judge to win the Triple Crown... but that's about as much as I root for a Yankee.

The Yankees don't even have the highest payroll anymore. I think several teams spend more these days. Judge now is the real home run king. You can't count the steroid era and it's far harder than the Maris or Ruth eras these days just with all the relief pitchers, more teams played and so on.

The new stadium is a different animal to the old Stadium. They should never have left that place.

I don't think the Yankees will get past the Astros or whoever they end up facing in the ALCS.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A Trump employee has told federal agents about moving boxes of documents at Mar-a-Lago at the specific direction of the former president, according to people familiar with the investigation, who say the witness account — combined with security-camera footage — offers key evidence of Donald Trump’s behavior as investigators sought the return of classified material.

The witness description and footage described to The Washington Post offer the most direct account to date of Trump’s actions and instructions leading up to the FBI’s Aug. 8 search of the Florida residence and private club, in which agents were looking for evidence ofpotential crimes including obstruction, destruction of government records or mishandling classified information.

The people familiar with the investigation said agents have gathered witness accounts indicatingthat, after Trump advisers received a subpoena in May for any classified documents that remained at Mar-a-Lago, Trump told people to move boxes to his residence at the property. That description of events was corroborated by the security-camera footage, which showed people moving the boxes,said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

Spokespeople for the Justice Department and FBI declined to comment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...p-boxes-moved/

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Yankees don't even have the highest payroll anymore. I think several teams spend more these days. Judge now is the real home run king. You can't count the steroid era and it's far harder than the Maris or Ruth eras these days just with all the relief pitchers, more teams played and so on.

The new stadium is a different animal to the old Stadium. They should never have left that place.

I don't think the Yankees will get past the Astros or whoever they end up facing in the ALCS.

They (Yankees) did their damage in the Steinbrenner days and before that. Now yes... they've got competition in the spending department. Totally agree on Judge. Bonds who? Sosa who? McGwire who? Those guys were so juiced up even their heads got 3 sizes bigger. Bonds was an arrogant SOB to boot. I hope he never gets into the HOF.

Judge came oh so close to the Triple Crown. I think they sat the other guy with a hamstring, although it was probably to preserve his average, lest he go 0 for 4. Kinda cowardly, if you ask me.

The Astros pulled a Hollywood ending last night. Bottom of the ninth... two outs... two-run deficit... dude hits a walk-off 3-run homer. Couldn't draw it up any better than that. Matter of fact, I had gone to bed top ninth, thinking Seattle had it in the bag. Woke up to the news on SportsCenter. Go figure.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They (Yankees) did their damage in the Steinbrenner days and before that. Now yes... they've got competition in the spending department. Totally agree on Judge. Bonds who? Sosa who? McGwire who? Those guys were so juiced up even their heads got 3 sizes bigger. Bonds was an arrogant SOB to boot. I hope he never gets into the HOF.

Judge came oh so close to the Triple Crown. I think they sat the other guy with a hamstring, although it was probably to preserve his average, lest he go 0 for 4. Kinda cowardly, if you ask me.

The Astros pulled a Hollywood ending last night. Bottom of the ninth... two outs... two-run deficit... dude hits a walk-off 3-run homer. Couldn't draw it up any better than that. Matter of fact, I had gone to bed top ninth, thinking Seattle had it in the bag. Woke up to the news on SportsCenter. Go figure.
    I fucking loved George Steinbrenner even though he kept blowing up the front office plans. But to be fair his washout son has let the front office do what they want to a large extent and they've won nothing doing it Cashman's way. The Astros look like a hot team and that's what counts in the postseason. The Yankees started off at basically an all time record pace but ended up playing .500 baseball and don't look like getting hot. I hope I'm wrong.

Look what I just found:

https://twitter.com/sophiekleeman/st...15787691786240

What's the one pitch Randy Johnson threw that everybody remembers? Look at the logo on his website:

https://rj51photos.com/

Some good concert photographs on there but he's no Ross Halfin.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A key witness in the ongoing Justice Department and FBI investigation of Donald Trump’s alleged mishandling of classified documents is a Navy veteran who followed the former president to Florida after serving as a valet in the Trump White House, people familiar with the matter said.

Walt Nauta is the witness in question, according to these people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. The 39-year-old worked as a valet for Trump in the Oval Office suite, according to former White House staffers, and served as a personal aide at Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s residence and private club in Florida.

The Washington Post reported Wednesday that anunnamed Trump employee had provided critical evidence to investigators — telling them that he moved boxes at the former president’s request at a time when the government was seeking the return of classified material, including some highly sensitive items, from Mar-a-Lago.

The witness account was corroborated by security-camera footage, the people familiar with the case said, giving investigators key evidence of Trump’s behavior as they probe potential crimes includingobstruction, destruction of government records or mishandling classified information.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ump-documents/

This is the Trump people leaking the name. You can tell from the articles when it's the DOJ/FBI leaking and when it's Trump's people if you read them closely. Trump has worked out who at least one leaker is and is trying to fuck him up.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I fucking loved George Steinbrenner even though he kept blowing up the front office plans. But to be fair his washout son has let the front office do what they want to a large extent and they've won nothing doing it Cashman's way. The Astros look like a hot team and that's what counts in the postseason. The Yankees started off at basically an all time record pace but ended up playing .500 baseball and don't look like getting hot. I hope I'm wrong.

Look what I just found:

What's the one pitch Randy Johnson threw that everybody remembers? Look at the logo on his website:

Wow! I'll be damned...

Thanks for that bit of information... I never would've guessed in a million years. Just shows that professional athletes sometimes have other passions besides their chosen sport. Good for Randy!

BTW... good trivia question... but that's an easy one.

It's the pitch he threw over John Kruk's head in the '93 All-Star Game. That was a spontaneous moment of levity between two bonafide all-stars. The rest of the at bat was a classic.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look what I just found:

Wow! I'll be damned...

Thanks for that bit of information... I never would've guessed in a million years. Just shows that professional athletes sometimes have other passions besides their chosen sport. Good for Randy!

BTW... good trivia question... but that's an easy one.

It's the pitch he threw over John Kruk's head in the '93 All-Star Game. That was a spontaneous moment of levity between two bonafide all-stars. The rest of the at bat was a classic.
    The fucker hasn't aged since he was playing with the Yankees.

He played for the Mariners between 25-35 years ago.

That's him in 2005. He looks better now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Co-founder of Trump’s media company details Truth Social’s bitter infighting

Will Wilkerson, one of Trump Media & Technology Group’s first employees, alleges the company violated securities laws and that Trump pressured executives to hand over their shares to his wife. He shared a cache of internal documents with The Post and federal investigators that he says support his claims.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...1371d02fbe72cd

He's a one man crime wave. It'll be interesting to see exactly which rich guy justice system get out of jail free card loophole in the law allows him to avoid any kind of criminal charges here.

Thread Information