Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather v Manny Pacquiao - Con Job

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Floyd was at his best, Manny wasn't

that why the fight happened
    Was that because of age? oh no, I forgot , Floyd's older than Manny. and then Guess what ? Manny fights Bradley and he's back to his best!
    mannys best was 5 years ago, the cotto, hatton, dlh, margarita stage (although he was pretty awesome before that too)

Floyd didn't show any sign of deterioration over those 5 years

Manny was nowhere near as good as he was
    it's amazing, everybody hates Floyd, doesn't want to see him, but they all want to talk about him.
    Floyd did deteriorate , but because he is so professional and because he was so much better than the rest, it didn't show up as much. He's 2 years older than Manny , so it should've benefited Manny.
    The truth is, that if the fight had taken place 5 or 6 years ago, the result would've been no different. Infact I reckon Floyd would've won easier.
    Floyd "has no power, runs , is boring , and 39 years old", but he was and is way too good for anyone on the planet.
    it's laughable really that people try to make some case against him.
    yeah, as a bloke, he's a bit of a cock , but not as bad as he used to be. But you cannot deny his record nor his total domination of the sport.
    and the biggest piss take of the lot , is that you all still talk about him. He must be laughing his cock off!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it's amazing, everybody hates Floyd, doesn't want to see him, but they all want to talk about him.
    Floyd did deteriorate , but because he is so professional and because he was so much better than the rest, it didn't show up as much. He's 2 years older than Manny , so it should've benefited Manny.
    The truth is, that if the fight had taken place 5 or 6 years ago, the result would've been no different. Infact I reckon Floyd would've won easier.
    Floyd "has no power, runs , is boring , and 39 years old", but he was and is way too good for anyone on the planet.
    it's laughable really that people try to make some case against him.
    yeah, as a bloke, he's a bit of a cock , but not as bad as he used to be. But you cannot deny his record nor his total domination of the sport.
    and the biggest piss take of the lot , is that you all still talk about him. He must be laughing his cock off!
    mate, ive been at work all day, bored shitless wanting to do anything but work

all I have is this forum for company

id rather talk about other boxers and boxing related matters but I think ive commented on just about every other thread on the forum

so I had nothing left to do but to comment on this thread and it happened to be about Floyd!
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny was at his best while jacked on PEDS and ripped on roids.

Since he couldn't be full of A Side Meth against Floyd--he had no choice but to blame his poor performance on a faked injury--only revealed during the press conference!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mate, try doing some work, you never know, you might like it. πŸ˜‚
    Otherwise you need to find a new job!
    Ps. I ain't offering you one because you spend too much time posting on forums!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still can never understand how Floyd became such a PPV star. Yes hes the best boxer but for casual fans I dont think hes ever really had a really exciting fight. Compare him to Rigo or Ward who are equally dominant but noone wants anything to do with them. Their fights are much more exciting than Floyd fights for me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It fooled many people for the same reason many of the PPV are purchased. FOMO... fear of missing out. Its kind of a common social phenomena when it trumps logic. Its the same reason little kids look up directly into an eclipse when when they are told not too.

I believe the writing was on the wall for most of the boxing fans and those that have been watching the situation for a while.
    - I was at the time a floyd fan for many years up until that point and convinced floyd was too much for manny because manny (and especially the way he set up his punches) was too predictable... Worked off the jab, flicked it as a range finder and used it to get his opponents back up before following with the uppercut or left
    - Erik Morales of all people beat manny by turning him with a jab all night whenever he set up off the jab.
    - At the time it should have happened. Manny was tearing through fighters because freddy changed his approach by managing his attack angles and in an out attacks. This worked on most every fighter because they were a touch slower than him and even then ones that maybe could match him for speed weren't defensive fighters. A guy like mosely was fast but in bursts and counted on you sitting in the pocket so he could counter you. Manny was gone by the time Mosely knew what hit him and began his counter.
    - Floyd started all this business about testing and accusing manny of being a roided up freak that defied nature by carrying power up through the ranks. The entire Mayweather clan got in on it. Spouting nonsense that ceased making sense-- see Rog's crack fueled "A side Meth" paranoia. At the time I felt like pac should just take the test and make the fight happen so we could see the fight and what floyd was doing was good for the sport and it didnt matter because floyd would beat him anyway-- I had friends calling for floyd to just waive whatever and fight manny and beat him even if he was juicing to prove he was the best. I bought the clean sport propaganda. In retrospect, I realize now that Floyd was scared of losing not just to a juicer but anyone. It went from testing, to the split, to network issues, to manny needing money etc etc. for all the reasons floyd shouldn't fight him. This alone to me meant if the fight was going to happen, that floyd was going to spoil his way through the fight by tying manny's hands up after landing first similar to the way Holyfield had smothered Tyson.
    - At the points after that, it became apparent who was taking on all comers (it honestly felt like Manny would don a pair of Gene Simmons Platform shoes and challenge Paul Williams) and who was clutching their zero while being forced to fight.
    - Manny's Injuries and cramping issues had started becoming more frequent and he seemed to be more and more deliberately dismissive of marquez making a case that he had/could beat manny.
    - Floyd seemed more desperate to keep his zero, resorting to prefight stips, Vegas home court advantage, suckerpunching ortiz... all the time while campaigning harder than ever and flaunting his money more.
    - Manny gets knocked unconcious by marquez and it was apparent that he would never be the same after that. Immediately, the fight seems more appetizing to floyd than ever.
    - Then all business before the fight with floyd just trying to exert leverage over every facet. Even buying out mannys sparring partners.
    - Freddy outright denying every rumor of pac injuries but not seeming to be working on anything special against floyd.
    - It all started to seem like a cover to preserve profits.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The greatest boxing con job was pulled last year where the whole world believed that the biggest and best fighters of our generation would fight one another and produce a great spectacle.

Even fans that had not watched boxing before bought into the hype and stayed up late ordering the ppv fight.

The fight was a stinker and let down a lot of people. Floyd was his negative self doing just enough to win the rounds. Manny by and large was useless and blamed a shoulder injury for his poor performance.

Most people did not appreciate that both fighters were past their best and that the fight should have happened 5 years earlier. For whatever reasons the best fight did not happen when both were at their pomp.

Manny had been beaten and even knocked out cold, face first, by the time he fought Floyd. Yet the fight was sold at an extortionate price, extra for HD, and record numbers bought the show. It was the highest grossing fight of all time. How and why did it fool so many people? Could they try and con the public again?
    Dig up the predictions thread on this board for the fight. Most people said "boring Floyd UD". And so they sold it as the fight of the century to the public. So what? They sell every fight as hard as they can. That's their job.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The greatest boxing con job was pulled last year where the whole world believed that the biggest and best fighters of our generation would fight one another and produce a great spectacle.

Even fans that had not watched boxing before bought into the hype and stayed up late ordering the ppv fight.

The fight was a stinker and let down a lot of people. Floyd was his negative self doing just enough to win the rounds. Manny by and large was useless and blamed a shoulder injury for his poor performance.

Most people did not appreciate that both fighters were past their best and that the fight should have happened 5 years earlier. For whatever reasons the best fight did not happen when both were at their pomp.

Manny had been beaten and even knocked out cold, face first, by the time he fought Floyd. Yet the fight was sold at an extortionate price, extra for HD, and record numbers bought the show. It was the highest grossing fight of all time. How and why did it fool so many people? Could they try and con the public again?
    Dig up the predictions thread on this board for the fight. Most people said "boring Floyd UD". And so they sold it as the fight of the century to the public. So what? They sell every fight as hard as they can. That's their job.
    But never has a fight been so over priced, over hyped and been such a big let down.
    Last edited by Master; 04-27-2016 at 06:06 AM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I apologise @Master... even though I don't believe you.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I apologise @Master... even though I don't believe you.
    I know it is the most I have ever written but I have so much hate for Floyd, the event, ppv and the big matches that is prevented it annoyed me even after all this time.

The anniversary of the event brought the bad memories back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your off your head master the fight went exactly how every Floyd fan though it would go and I don't see any Floyd fans disappointed with the fight, just the pacman fans who can't except that floyds just better

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

p4p atg tbe

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    p4p atg tbe
    Sugar Ray Robinson sure was. Well said.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Manny was at his best while jacked on PEDS and ripped on roids.

Since he couldn't be full of A Side Meth against Floyd--he had no choice but to blame his poor performance on a faked injury--only revealed during the press conference!
    this may well be true but he was miles better then by millions than he was when he fought floyd

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mate, try doing some work, you never know, you might like it. πŸ˜‚
    Otherwise you need to find a new job!
    Ps. I ain't offering you one because you spend too much time posting on forums!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰
    give me a job, ill try hard and wont go on forums

Thread Information