Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Cotto not bother making weight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Should Cotto not bother making weight?

After the contempt Mayweather showed in not making the agreed weight which was classless. Should Cotto do the same and just make the welter limit and beat up Pac?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Cotto not bother making weight?

hell no

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto will honour the catchweight like a man. No chance he does any shit like that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    After the contempt Mayweather showed in not making the agreed weight which was classless. Should Cotto do the same and just make the welter limit and beat up Pac?

Very good point.

Mayweather got off very light for showing no respect what so ever for JJM or the fans in reguards to the weight limit.

What if JJM said fuck it I am not fighting?

But as Pac man is the star and Cotto is just the supporting star Cotto will make the weight.

Boxing in lots of ways is not a fair sport.
    Balls

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post

Very good point.

Mayweather got off very light for showing no respect what so ever for JJM or the fans in reguards to the weight limit.

What if JJM said fuck it I am not fighting?

But as Pac man is the star and Cotto is just the supporting star Cotto will make the weight.

Boxing in lots of ways is not a fair sport.
    His body has grown a lot since moving up from 140 (3 and a half years ago), there is also the possibility the Cotto will not be able to make 144.
    Look at how drained looking he was at 146 for the Clottey fight.

Last edited by killersheep; 09-24-2009 at 05:31 PM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Cotto looks fine there. Clottey is a bit scary lookin man. He looks like Starvin Marvin, sure everyone remembers him from southpark..... Ha

I say Cotto weighs in fien, he shouldn't be strugglin for motivation in the build up to this one.....

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clottey looks bigger. Now these are real welterweights that will go up to 160lb fight night. Would Floyd mess with a real big welter?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by themacmagician View Post
    I think Cotto looks fine there. Clottey is a bit scary lookin man. He looks like Starvin Marvin, sure everyone remembers him from southpark..... Ha

I say Cotto weighs in fien, he shouldn't be strugglin for motivation in the build up to this one.....
    I don't know man he looks a little light to me, not all that different than he did before the Malignaggi fight (except the obvious addition of tattoos). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Cotto unable to make 144. I think Clottey naturally has 0% body fat though.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, Cotto should make the weight as should any fighter make an agreed weight limit.

Was a bit of a bitch move by Mayweather for not making the weight and marred an otherwise perfect return.

Was dissapointed by that. I remember how annoyed I'd get when I used to attend amateur shows and hear that a lot of guys wouldn't make weight so fights would have to be cancelled. Imagine being the opponent having trained so hard for that fight only for it to be cancelled?

It's disrespectful.
    Last edited by Althugz; 09-24-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Nah, Cotto should make the weight as should any fighter make an agreed weight limit.

Was a bit of a bitch move by Mayweather for not making the weight and marred an otherwise perfect return.

Was dissapointed by that. I remember how annoyed I'd get when I used to attend amateur shows and hear that a lot of guys wouldn't make weight so fights would have to be cancelled. Imagine being the opponent having trained so hard for that fight only for it to be cancelled?

It's disrespectful.
    Yes should have made Mayweather dry out in a sauna for 6 hours just to teach him a lesson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post

It's disrespectful.
    Yes should have made Mayweather dry out in a sauna for 6 hours just to teach him a lesson.
    2 hours would've been fine.

plus, PBF didn't give JMM a brain damage like Gatti did Gamache.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

I don't know man he looks a little light to me, not all that different than he did before the Malignaggi fight (except the obvious addition of tattoos). I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Cotto unable to make 144. I think Clottey naturally has 0% body fat though.
    145 innit?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

145 innit?
    You're right my mistake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The CONTRACTED weight was 147 with the stipulation that Mayweather would pay money for every pound he was over 144. So it wasn't mandatory.

Cotto is CONTRACTED to come in at 145 so he won't but if it wasn't mandatory he would.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

145 innit?
    You're right my mistake.
    Ah no worries, I thought I'd got it all wrong for a sec. I think he will struggle a little to get to 145 but not enough to piss up his chances of being able to fight how he wants to fight. Well I hope not anyway.

Thread Information