Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs Bradley Saturday night fight thread

One thing that shouldn't be overlooked is that this was a pretty fun fight to watch. Bradley fought on his backfoot and didn't engage as much as I would like, but he was more controlled than he has been in the past. Pacquiao took more time off during rounds than he has too. At the same time, I thought Pacquiao looked very sharp at moments. Frankly, Cotto v. Mayweather and Bradley v. Pacquiao were good super events. Usually, mega events are disappointing, but that wasn't the case for me at least.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, regardless of the controversy in the result, I thought Bradley fought a controlled, tempered fight, and proved he belongs at the elite level.
    @Chino - do you give Bradley some credit now or do you still think he is rubbish?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Also, regardless of the controversy in the result, I thought Bradley fought a controlled, tempered fight, and proved he belongs at the elite level.
    @Chino - do you give Bradley some credit now or do you still think he is rubbish?
    I was not expecting Manny to get robbed the way he did specially after the biggest fight in boxing awaits vs Floyd. Now Manny knows how it feels to get robbed.

As for Tim. I give him credit for not being intimidated when he was almost knocked down. I would expect him to get into survival mode after that but he continued to look for Manny after a few rounds of backing up. If Tim had more power to his punches he would have Manny's face busted by round 4. Don't understand why Manny didn't go for the kill in the early rounds where Tim was clearly in wobbly legs. I credit Tim for his bravery. Something Shane Mosley could have used when he faced Manny and Mosley would have had a better chance of hurting Manny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very interesting results that will take days and hours to debate and discuss.
    BALANCE, LEVERAGE, ACCURACY, SPEED and TIMING - Effective punching.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judges were worried they would be seen to be favouring pacquiao so gave bradley some early close rounds for insurance against their reputation. They werent ready for bradley to sweep the last 3 rounds and nick it on their cards. Bad result but i understand it

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone find it odd that a rematch date has already been set the night of the fight?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    Does anyone find it odd that a rematch date has already been set the night of the fight?
    I do not think a rematch is warranted from a business perspective nor a boxing perspective. It was a good, competitive fight--it's just not one the public will be clamoring for. I've read that the demand for this fight was less than that of previous Pacquiao fights. I anticipate it will record less ppv buys than that of Pacquiao recent performances. Frankly, a Bradley vs. Marquez fight is the way to go. Pacquiao should consider other opponents.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    I do not think a rematch is warranted from a business perspective nor a boxing perspective. It was a good, competitive fight--it's just not one the public will be clamoring for. I've read that the demand for this fight was less than that of previous Pacquiao fights. I anticipate it will record less ppv buys than that of Pacquiao recent performances. Frankly, a Bradley vs. Marquez fight is the way to go. Pacquiao should consider other opponents.
    I don't think Bradley deserves a rematch with Pacquiao either, we all know who won the fight, and we all know who the Champion still is, Bradley's trinket is worthless.

As for another Marquez fight, it's really pointless and would have a similar result to the other 3. If I were Manny i'd tell boxing to fuck off and retire.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fine decision. Pacs career should of ended after Marquez. Boxing needs human beings, not robots.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I stated earlier on Saturday that I would watch the fight again on slow-motion with 5 other people to judge every round, atching it in slow motion took us four hours mind you. We watched it twice times and the closest that we ever came was 8-4 Pacquaio-Bradly.

Our Criteria for scoring rounds followed the general rules, effective aggression, ring generalship, offense/defense...Etc.

It is impossible to give Bradley the winning decision.

I also posted that we'd watch the fighters geography and their location in regards to the judges, i.e. if their backs are turned to the judges how can the judge tell if they blocked a punch or not? We noticed that one judge (the one sitting between the Blue corner to Neutral corner to its right The score sheet
    ) had a propensity to assume Bradley's punches landed and Manny's did not whenever the fighter's back was turned to them.

Long story short, didn't really see corruption as much as we did incompetence. However in my belief it is beyond a shadow of a doubt that Emmanuel Pacquiao was the winner of this fight.

P.S
    For those who say this is karma for Marquez (I too agree Marquez won the last fight) what you must remember is that a bad decision is a bad decision. This is true regardless of whom the winner and the loser are. This is regardless of your feelings for the fighter. This is regardless of the fact that the fighter could be an unknown or a superstar. The fighter who wins the fight should always get the decision. There should never be ambiguity about it.
    Last edited by DavilaJones; 06-11-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Post Script

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    As I stated earlier on Saturday that I would watch the fight again on slow-motion with 5 other people to judge every round, atching it in slow motion took us four hours mind you. We watched it twice times and the closest that we ever came was 8-4 Pacquaio-Bradly.

Our Criteria for scoring rounds followed the general rules, effective aggression, ring generalship, offense/defense...Etc.

I also posted that we'd watch the fighters geography and their location in regards to the judges, i.e. if their backs are turned to the judges how can the judge tell if they blocked a punch or not? We noticed that one judge (the one sitting between the Blue corner to Neutral corner to its right The score sheet
    ) had a propensity to assume Bradley's punches landed and Manny's did not whenever the fighter's back was turned to them.

Long story short, didn't really see corruption as much as we did incompetence. However in my belief it is beyond a shadow of a doubt that Emmanuel Pacquiao was the winner of this fight.

P.S
    For those who say this is karma for Marquez (I too agree Marquez won the last fight) what you must remember is that a bad decision is a bad decision. This is true regardless of whom the winner and the loser are. This is regardless of your feelings for the fighter. This is regardless of the fact that the fighter could be an unknown or a superstar. The fighter who wins the fight should always get the decision. There should never be ambiguity about it.

Kudos for the effort to really analyze the fight and reach the best conclusion possible from your perspective.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really did it just to see if it was a robbery or not and what I got was was pure incompetence.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob Arum requests AG inquiry into judges' disputed Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley decision - ESPN

It seems as if Bob Arum wants to get the decision overturned. Maybe trying to make it look like he hadn't fixed the fight and screwed Pac over. Lets see what happens...
    “Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.”
    - George Foreman

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post

P.S

Even though I have the same result, With the WBO appointing 5 Judges to reviewing the fight, I am expecting a new decision to come from the WBO resulting in a draw and ordering a rematch. Regardless of the true results.

Thread Information