Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Felix Trindad would CRUSH Hagler...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Felix Trindad would CRUSH Hagler...

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Heretic, Blasphemous, Sacrilegious moment- HAGLER WASN'T ALL THAT!

Hagler could not beat: Ward, Roy Jones, Hopkins, Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Trinidad, Froch or even Kessler in their prime.

He could have beaten: Hearns (in a rematch), Joppy, DLH (knowing DLH is a Jr. Middle, at best), Vargas, Jermaine Taylor and/or Pavlik. But those names aren't going to solidify your stature.

I do not want to sound like Bean flicker, but SRR lost the title 5 times, so it was not his best weight.
    But Hagler couldn't beat him...
    You think? Turpin did it and so did a few others, so it could be done.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Felix isn't a middleweight, and just cuz u fight at middle doesn't make u a middle weight... dummy... Hagler was a solid middleweight. Hagler would rush Tridad and crush him... if Hagler beat Hearns, he'd beat Trinidad... Hagler would crush Hopkins...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigstinkybug View Post
    Felix isn't a middleweight, and just cuz u fight at middle doesn't make u a middle weight... dummy... Hagler was a solid middleweight. Hagler would rush Tridad and crush him... if Hagler beat Hearns, he'd beat Trinidad... Hagler would crush Hopkins...

Hagler beating Hearns has nothing to do with Hagler beating Tito. Polar opposites style wise. Tito's approach was made for Hagler. Tommy's was not but he fought Haglers fight from the opening bell.
    Tommy actually had the ability to beat Hagler and instead tried to out slug him. As much as I like Tito, nothing about him gives him a shot. Hopkins/Hagler is a toss up

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look Tito was a huge welterweight and he fit into to mw pretty well. The thing is that if you were a good boxer he lost if you could move well he lost. The only time he didn't is Oscar in which he got a gift a huge gift and thats the best win he ever had. Tito pretty overrated fighter and yea he would get crushed.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Look Tito was a huge welterweight and he fit into to mw pretty well. The thing is that if you were a good boxer he lost if you could move well he lost. The only time he didn't is Oscar in which he got a gift a huge gift and thats the best win he ever had. Tito pretty overrated fighter and yea he would get crushed.
    Obar Carr was a very good boxer and he got beat, you had to be a bit better than a good boxer. Give Tito some credit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trinidad isn't one of my fav fighters but hell don't try and play him down to be some run of the mill guy, he'll go down as one of THE BEST welterweight champions in history, he was one of if not the longest running Welterweight champions in the history of the sport (from 1993 to 1999, including 16 title defenses) and you don't have wins over the following by being just an ok fighter

Camacho
    Campas
    Carr
    Whitaker
    Reid
    Vargas
    Joppy
    Mayorga

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstinkybug View Post

Hagler beating Hearns has nothing to do with Hagler beating Tito. Polar opposites style wise. Tito's approach was made for Hagler. Tommy's was not but he fought Haglers fight from the opening bell.
    Tommy actually had the ability to beat Hagler and instead tried to out slug him. As much as I like Tito, nothing about him gives him a shot. Hopkins/Hagler is a toss up
    *Hearns was much taller, much more dangerous and harder to get to... Tito had no head movement and stood in front of u... there is no time in Tio's career when he was better than Hagler. Tito was a great welterweight, not a great middleweight... PERIOD.
    Tito fought a solid middleweight IN Hopkins..and basically got manhandled... even as great as many think Hopkins is, there's no scenario where Hopkins beats Hagler, at his best... Hagler was a beast. He couldn't be hurt by a mortal man and systemtically tore opponents into pieces.. if there was a man who was really mean..it was Hagler. he was the modern day clubber Lang...did it all on his own and by his own rules. l
    Last edited by bigstinkybug; 07-02-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Trinidad isn't one of my fav fighters but hell don't try and play him down to be some run of the mill guy, he'll go down as one of THE BEST welterweight champions in history, he was one of if not the longest running Welterweight champions in the history of the sport (from 1993 to 1999, including 16 title defenses) and you don't have wins over the following by being just an ok fighter

Camacho
    Campas
    Carr
    Whitaker
    Reid
    Vargas
    Joppy
    Mayorga
    He still gets smashed by Hagler

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's knowledgeable posters..... and then there's you.

I'm the biggest Trinidad on this forum, and went on record early saying there was no chance Trinidad beats Hagler. Obviously a troll thread. But calling Trinidad overrated is just as ignorant.... which in your forum history is nothing surprising.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post

Camacho
    Campas
    Carr
    Whitaker
    Reid
    Vargas
    Joppy
    Mayorga
    He still gets smashed by Hagler
    never said he wouldn't, but so would the vast majority of the guys at MW right now, including Martinez, Chavez, and Golovkin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have said far worse things then i have about any fighter Tito. I guess he is overrated in my opinion because i see his name with fighters it should not be with. Tell me did he not get a huge gift against Oscar at the time they fought. Also when he met the atgs in their primes did he win or did he get crushed. I am not sure were you rate Trindad so maybe overrated is not the word i should of use. I am very well informed been around for a while were do you rate Trindad and see if my overrated statement was wrong or if it was right.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have said far worse things then i have about any fighter Tito. I guess he is overrated in my opinion because i see his name with fighters it should not be with. Tell me did he not get a huge gift against Oscar at the time they fought. Also when he met the atgs in their primes did he win or did he get crushed. I am not sure were you rate Trindad so maybe overrated is not the word i should of use. I am very well informed been around for a while were do you rate Trindad and see if my overrated statement was wrong or if it was right.
    You could say ODH lost his big fights too, you are strange poster at times @Mr140

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey all i said is Trindad is overrated because he lost all his big fights that were against greats. Then went on to get schooled by another fighter who lost his big fights Oscar so i don't think his name should be in the same sentence as Hagler. As for Welterweight head to head its SRR and Leonard then who cares.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey all i said is Trindad is overrated because he lost all his big fights that were against greats. Then went on to get schooled by another fighter who lost his big fights Oscar so i don't think his name should be in the same sentence as Hagler. As for Welterweight head to head its SRR and Leonard then who cares.
    That I can agree with after that I would have Hearns.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thing with Trindad that when he stepped it up to elite level atg level he failed really bad. I mean Out of his Hopkins and Wright he won like no rounds i mean just so one sided. As for the Oscar fight another big fighter who lost big fights he was gifted the fight in which he won like fucking no rounds damn near.

Thread Information