Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Amir Khan more dangerous then ever!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan is already a world beater Mars so the hate you have for Khan obviously burns strong. Why would you want to crucify his "fans" is a bit weird though. Khan is a dick, he can often be arrogant and getting ahead if himself has not helped him,but he is not a chump. He is much better than you will ever give him credit for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets get it right im no amir kahn fan i actually got kicked off his twitter cause i dared tell him to stop moaning about his bro not makong the england team. But he has gained my respect over the years INSIDE the boxing ring.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan more dangerous then ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    All that video showed was a fighter with amazing heart and bollocks. Listen to the comms. I'm more than happy to be in a "minority" with the late great Manny Steward that DID NOT consider Khan a chump. Thanks.
    Amazing heart and bollocks? Looked more like a drunken sailor who was petrified and trying desperately to avoid getting KTFO. As for Manny Steward, no disrespect, but due to dementia during the last 5 years of his life, his analysis and commentary had totally deteriorated along with his health.
    I hope this helps.
    So lets get this straight.

1. The fighter could have chose to stay down for the count.

2. The fighter could have got up and done everything in his power to survive - hold, spoil, etc.

3. The fighter gets up and fights for his life, all guns blazing, kill or be killed, goes out on his shield protesting to the ref.

You think that option 3 demonstrates - "petrified and trying desperately to avoid getting KTFO"

Odd.

Thanks.
    You need to get a job working for HBO, Fenn, you're just about as histrionic as they are in regards to calling fights. This is comical. ~~> "The fighter gets up and fights for his life, all guns blazing, kill or be killed, goes out on his shield protesting to the ref". That's dramatic stuff dude.

Make no mistake, Khan was fighting out of desperation and to survive, he's trading with Garcia, not because he has "heart", but rather shit for brains.

BTW, You don't have to swing on Khan's nuts Fenn, he's not even a real Brit.
    Not sure how saying a man showed great heart/courage means I'm "swinging from his nuts," but there you go. Weird.

Also it's pretty silly to say a fighter isn't a "world beater" when he's already been "world" champ and beat a bunch of other "world" champs - St Clair, Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah, Peterson.* Four of these men are still highly ranked. So it's a straight up fact that Khan is world-class.

Danny Garcia is an unbeaten "world" champ. Does losing to him make you a "chump?" Really?

I don't care what nationality Khan is, race, religion or sexual orientation. I just see a boxer. Thanks.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Khan is already a world beater Mars so the hate you have for Khan obviously burns strong. Why would you want to crucify his "fans" is a bit weird though. Khan is a dick, he can often be arrogant and getting ahead if himself has not helped him,but he is not a chump. He is much better than you will ever give him credit for.
    The hate I have for Khan burns strong? Good one Beanz.

For what it's worth, I never said I wanted to crucify Khan's fans, only that I like digging them a bit. Although it's admirable the way Brits support their fighters some of them could use a fucking reality check.
    While i'll admit calling Khan a chump is a bit harsh, he was overrated/overhyped mainly by the Brit media who were promoting this dude like he was the next big thing in boxing. Guess what, he wasn't and he's not, pretty much an also ran/journeyman at the moment.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All that video showed was a fighter with amazing heart and bollocks. Listen to the comms. I'm more than happy to be in a "minority" with the late great Manny Steward that DID NOT consider Khan a chump. Thanks.
    Amazing heart and bollocks? Looked more like a drunken sailor who was petrified and trying desperately to avoid getting KTFO. As for Manny Steward, no disrespect, but due to dementia during the last 5 years of his life, his analysis and commentary had totally deteriorated along with his health.
    I hope this helps.

2. The fighter could have got up and done everything in his power to survive - hold, spoil, etc.

3. The fighter gets up and fights for his life, all guns blazing, kill or be killed, goes out on his shield protesting to the ref.

You think that option 3 demonstrates - "petrified and trying desperately to avoid getting KTFO"

Odd.

Thanks.
    You need to get a job working for HBO, Fenn, you're just about as histrionic as they are in regards to calling fights. This is comical. ~~> "The fighter gets up and fights for his life, all guns blazing, kill or be killed, goes out on his shield protesting to the ref". That's dramatic stuff dude.

Make no mistake, Khan was fighting out of desperation and to survive, he's trading with Garcia, not because he has "heart", but rather shit for brains.

Not sure how saying a man showed great heart/courage means I'm "swinging from his nuts," but there you go. Weird.

Also it's pretty silly to say a fighter isn't a "world beater" when he's already been "world" champ and beat a bunch of other "world" champs - St Clair, Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah, Peterson.* Four of these men are still highly ranked. So it's a straight up fact that Khan is world-class.

Danny Garcia is an unbeaten "world" champ. Does losing to him make you a "chump?" Really?

I don't care what nationality Khan is, race, religion or sexual orientation. I just see a boxer. Thanks.
    Yeah, he really looked "world class" against Peterson and Maidana didn't he now.
    I'm not saying Khan isn't "world class", any Pro reaching the top ten in a division can be considered world class, what he's not and never will be is a part of boxing's best.

At the moment, I can't see Khan defeating any of the top Jr. Welterweights. He gets knocked out in a rematch with D. Garcia & Peterson, I can't imagine him going the distance with Rios or Mike Alvarado, and he would get demolished by Lucas Matthysse. Let's face it Fenn, yer boy is going nowhere fast - fact!

As for you "swinging from Khan's nuts,", probably not as much as you hug Prince Hamed's nuts.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope this helps.

Odd.

Thanks.

Yeah, he really looked "world class" against Peterson and Maidana didn't he now.
    I'm not saying Khan isn't "world class", any Pro reaching the top ten in a division can be considered world class, what he's not and never will be is a part of boxing's best.

At the moment, I can't see Khan defeating any of the top Jr. Welterweights. He gets knocked out in a rematch with D. Garcia & Peterson, I can't imagine him going the distance with Rios or Mike Alvarado, and he would get demolished by Lucas Matthysse. Let's face it Fenn, yer boy is going nowhere fast - fact!

As for you "swinging from Khan's nuts,", probably not as much as you hug Prince Hamed's nuts.
    Oh right, so you agree that Khan is world-class, although he's a chump, but what you're saying is - he's not a P4P super great fighter? I doubt anyone disagrees with you? Unless you want to post some links or name some names? Thanks.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Let me ask the question: IF (and yes it's a big 'IF') Khan had an awesome chin, how good would he be?

I am not particularly a fan and certainly don't get caught up in the being British thing, but I think as a fighter he has crazy skills. Can't remember too many fighters I have ever seen with speed like that! Offensively I think he is fantastic! His defence and chin will always be his downfall though!
    Doesn't part of being a great 'boxer' also include having a good defense to go along with it? And isn't being a great 'boxer' about hitting but not being hit? That's why I say, Amir has some decent boxing skills, but he's not a great boxer.
    Bullshit! Look at Ali, Duran, Lamotta, Robinson, Leonard and a shitload more. Great boxers get hit and usually what helps make them great is their ability to take a punch.

Khan has ok defence and can take a punch, proved this against Maidana and Peterson. He has potential to be a Top 10 P4Per but is always gonna have people hate him because he's a dick. I just hope he keeps taking tough fights win or lose. Look a Floyd who is a great fighter - hasn't fought a dangerous fighter in years

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mars_ax I'm trying to get him to the end of the fighting winning on points but you seem to prefer him KO'd? Are you hear to discuss or just degrade this young man? Ray.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For what it's worth, I never said I wanted to crucify Khan's fans, only that I like digging them a bit. Although it's admirable the way Brits support their fighters some of them could use a fucking reality check.
    While i'll admit calling Khan a chump is a bit harsh, he was overrated/overhyped mainly by the Brit media who were promoting this dude like he was the next big thing in boxing. Guess what, he wasn't and he's not, pretty much an also ran/journeyman at the moment.

If you want to believe that khan is a journeyman than nobody is probably going to convince you otherwise. If Broner beats Paulie does that make him a journeyman? If Khan beats Alvarado the man who beat Rios is he still a journeyman? If can comes back and beats Garcia is he still an also ran ? What if Khan fights and beats Bradley is he still overrated?

Khan was born in Bolton.Lancashire,England, Great Britain. I would say that makes him a real Brit.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How to start and maintain a thread by Mars_ax in 3 easy steps

1. Call all 'Brit' fanboys idiots.

2. Put some people on ignore because they (quite rightly) think you're a prick.

3. When someone shoves some cold hard facts down your throat repeat step 1.

Same old......same old.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Memphis
    1. Call all 'Brit' fanboys idiots.

I don't recall saying that, I did say some of them needed a reality check, more in jest then anything. I'm a little bit surprised, that a few of you are taking this thread so seriously, only Fenster seems to understand that i'm just having a go at you Brits.

2. Put some people on ignore because they (quite rightly) think you're a prick.

I put 1 person on ignore, because they couldn't "debate" civilly, if you think i'm a prick, fine that's your problem.

3. When someone shoves some cold hard facts down your throat repeat step 1.

Would you mind explaining/debating what some of these cold hard facts are? Instead of being a condescending, patronizing nitwit who didn't even participate in this thread.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-03-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you want to believe that khan is a journeyman than nobody is probably going to convince you otherwise. If Broner beats Paulie does that make him a journeyman? If Khan beats Alvarado the man who beat Rios is he still a journeyman? If can comes back and beats Garcia is he still an also ran ? What if Khan fights and beats Bradley is he still overrated?

Khan was born in Bolton.Lancashire,England, Great Britain. I would say that makes him a real Brit.
    I don't see any reason to believe that Khan isn't on a fast track to becoming an also ran/journeyman. And it remains to be seen if he can defeat any of the top dogs Jr. Welterweight, if however he does, i'll be the first to give him credit for it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh right, so you agree that Khan is world-class, although he's a chump, but what you're saying is - he's not a P4P super great fighter? I doubt anyone disagrees with you? Unless you want to post some links or name some names? Thanks.
    Just to clarify @Fenster, all joking aside, I don't really believe Khan is a "chump", and yes, he does have a bit of "heart". He's also a very good but NOT great fighter who's won world titles and has some nice wins on his record, no argument there.The thing is, he's looked anything but impressive in his last 3 or 4 fights and he showed in the Garcia fight that he's not going to be able to hang with anyone with decent power and/or the top dogs @140.
    I sincerely hope the guy proves me wrong, it would be great for boxing if he did. At least he hasn't turned tail and ran the first time he got his ass kicked like Prince Hamed.

I hope this helps, but it probably won't.

cheers
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 04-03-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ray corso View Post
    mars_ax I'm trying to get him to the end of the fighting winning on points but you seem to prefer him KO'd? Are you hear to discuss or just degrade this young man? Ray.
    @ray corso,
    I'm just being the devils advocate, something I occasionally do to rile up the redcoats and add a little humor to the forum, take it with a grain of salt.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't care for or use salt very much! I do however respect all fighters at any level as long as they give their best! Not everyone is a Champion (althought today it seems they are) but that doesn't mean there isn't high caliber competitors out there! I would have liked to seen this kid with Steward so he'd gain confidence that his boxing skills could take him deep into fights and have an opportunity at success!! He does seem to be a stubborn cuss and a cocky one at that but that can be from a lack of true confidence, it usually is!! Ray.

Thread Information