Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JCC Jr. will never get a break...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JCC Jr. will never get a break...

Far as I'm concerned, if you're avoiding a drug test (not only one BUT TWICE) then you are a cheater.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Made to follow the same rules as everyone else, taking a dam drug test and having his gloves inspected would be a nice start, I have a feeling ya might just be trying to wind up some people tho.....

No not at all, it is an honest post and question. I'm fully aware of his protected status and I also heard/read about the gloves and urine sample and I agree with those arguments but Im sure other fighters have at some point in history have had similar favorable treatment. JCC gets slammed because his favorable treatment comes from who his father is, however he did just walk through what was said was going to be his biggest test and he cant even get a pat on the back.

As far as the weight issues, he can come in at 250 lbs on fight day as long as he weighed in at 160 at the official weigh in then good for him if he can make his body do that, he is playing by the rules that were set forth many years before he was even born.
    Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Far as I'm concerned, if you're avoiding a drug test (not only one BUT TWICE) then you are a cheater.
    @Onix - there is a perceived feeling that Junior can bend the rules because of his name. There may be some merit to that feeling. It can't be denied that he failed a drug test in the past and was suspended from Nevada for a while, as a result. Why hasn't he fought in Nevada since failing a drug test there? One would hope that failing a drug test would encourage Junior to be more transparent. Instead, there have been issues over his drug testing on two separate occassions since. Throw in the gloves controversy and you shouldn't be surprised that fight fans are suspicious of him. It appears he has improved his boxing. However, it's difficult to commend his improvements if we can't be sure he is fighting on a level-playing field.

El Kabong Guest

I've yet to see JC Jr.'s win over Andy Lee, but if he can take Lee's power so well and if he has improved his power so much then I give the kid nothing but props. Andy Lee even said he was beaten by the better man. I figure he's ready for his title shot vs Martinez and I wouldn't doubt that JC Jr. will do well especially considering the trouble Barker gave to Sergio.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not the case that he's only getting grief because of who his father was. He's getting no repsect because of all the shit he's allowed to pull, previous posters have already listed all the shit he gets away with. And like somebody already said, when you consider he's been caught taking diuretics and then refused to give a sample in two consecutive fights and nothing is done about it, that fucking stinks, and so the smell of shit clings unmistakably to Chavez Junior and everybody connected with him.

Is it true the WBC chief has beacked off same-day weigh-ins? If it's true add that to the fucking list. And let's see the fucker take a piss test in Vegas. If he comes in twenty odd pounds over the limit and then fails a piss test he should be banned from boxing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fight someone his own size for starters, hard to give the guy that much credit when he's barely getting passed guys he holds a 20 lb advantage over

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Chavez junior taking illegal substances to make weight and then balloon up to light heavy during fight night? He was accused of it in his last fight and the commission seem a bit lax about drug testing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Is Chavez junior taking illegal substances to make weight and then balloon up to light heavy during fight night? He was accused of it in his last fight and the commission seem a bit lax about drug testing.
    he already tested positive for diuretics in the past

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    He was 181 pounds when he fought Rubio and that was a fight that he claimed afterwards to be having problems re-hydrating for. I bet he was 185+ for Lee.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But if you take one and it comes back positive as in the case of Peterson, apparently everything is hunky dory as long as your testosterone levels are not massively higher than your opponents? I think that makes you a cheat. Being Tarzan's chimpanzee makes you a cheetah.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    But if you take one and it comes back positive as in the case of Peterson, apparently everything is hunky dory as long as your testosterone levels are not massively higher than your opponents? I think that makes you a cheat. Being Tarzan's chimpanzee makes you a cheetah.
    Hi Greenbeanz!

Peterson volunteered and demanded stricter testing - He got caught not because he held an advantage over his opponent but because his test levels were synthetically brought into normal ranges. I didn't question that he was in the wrong. He should have followed procedure and he would have been fine because he was legally allowed to have those levels of testosterone present in his system.

Bit different to being caught with illegal substances that cut water weight from your body and then evading two tests in consequent fights. You're basically using them to come in with a very real weight advantage come fight night. That's cheating.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Made to follow the same rules as everyone else, taking a dam drug test and having his gloves inspected would be a nice start, I have a feeling ya might just be trying to wind up some people tho.....

That's exactly what it is.

And as you can see, the response has been a unanimous "slam dunk" of Junior into the Waste Basket of Cheaters.
    Nothing much to add to what's already been said.
    Gotta admit tho..... feels good not having to post what I've been saying all along:

He's nothing but a last name who has been coddled his entire career, and now even gets away with flagrant cheating and/or bending of the rules (same thing). Give him credit because he beat a slow, lumbering middleweight who he himself probably outweighed by 20+ pounds by the time of the fight? Absolutely not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

And as you can see, the response has been a unanimous "slam dunk" of Junior into the Waste Basket of Cheaters.
    Gotta admit tho..... feels good not having to post what I've been saying all along:

He's nothing but a last name who has been coddled his entire career, and now even gets away with flagrant cheating and/or bending of the rules (same thing). Give him credit because he beat a slow, lumbering middleweight who he himself probably outweighed by 20+ pounds by the time of the fight? Absolutely not.
    Yup and as you can see I agreed with most of what was stated in this thread. Dont need to wind anyone up on this thread everything on this forum is an opinion and nothing more, so your opinion doesnt count anymore than mine. But regardless of that I'll give you this one Tito.

I know deep down inside you love hating on Mexican fighters if I did my home work and read everyone of your posts I could repost some evidence but its not that important to me, But I'm on to you buddy
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup and as you can see I agreed with most of what was stated in this thread. Dont need to wind anyone up on this thread everything on this forum is an opinion and nothing more, so your opinion doesnt count anymore than mine. But regardless of that I'll give you this one Tito.

I know deep down inside you love hating on Mexican fighters if I did my home work and read everyone of your posts I could repost some evidence but its not that important to me, But I'm on to you buddy

To make your case, you'd have to ignore the dozens of posts where I've talked about the virtues of fighters like JMM, MAB, and Finito. You wouldn't want to shoot down your theory before it got off the ground.

Oh.... and I'm not your buddy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To make your case, you'd have to ignore the dozens of posts where I've talked about the virtues of fighters like JMM, MAB, and Finito. You wouldn't want to shoot down your theory before it got off the ground.

No you're not but I dont want to call you an asshole either so I take the high road.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No you're not but I dont want to call you an asshole either so I take the high road.

There's a first time for everything.

Thread Information