Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arrow Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

a fucking smorgasbord of fights for us fans Saturday night, including "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout.

April 20
    At San Antonio (Showtime): Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin "No Doubt" Trout, 12 rounds, WBC/WBA junior middleweight unification; Omar Figueroa vs. Abner Cotto, 10 rounds, lightweights; Jermall Charlo vs. Orlando Lora, 8 rounds, junior middleweights; Terrell Gausha vs. Eddie Tigs, 4 rounds, super middleweights; Julian Williams vs. KeAndrae Leatherwood, 8 rounds, junior middleweights; Ivan Morales vs. Raul Hidalgo, 8 rounds, flyweights; Andres Gutierrez vs. Salvador Sanchez, 10 rounds, junior featherweights.

And:
    At London (Epix and EpixHD.com): Nathan Cleverly vs. Robin Krasniqi, 12 rounds, for Cleverly's WBO light heavyweight title; Dereck Chisora vs. Hector Alfredo Avila, 10 rounds, heavyweights; Liam Walsh vs. Scott Harrison

I'm going to go with my boy Canelo and say he stops Trout in one of the later rounds. ( i've never been wrong 2 weeks in a row!)

Mars < ~>

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

All Access: Canelo vs. Trout - SHOWTIME Boxing Promo:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin Trout - Saturday night fight/chat thread

I wrote a while back a three paragraph long analysis of why Trout will win, but since its damn 10 in the morning, I got finals and stuck at work I'll summarize.

1. 1 I've seen him be out boxed for many rounds straight in a fight until he manages to tag the opponent.
    2. 2 Due to his lack of consistent jabbing, he's forced to be front foot heavy coming forward so he can hit you as soon as he's in range which in turn makes him vulnerable to check hooks as the boxer opponent turns him.
    3. 3 He has offensive lulls in majority of rounds which leads me to believe he might have a stamina issue or has a disposition of waiting for an opportunity to strike.
    4. 4 Squares up when he punches and though not terrible at defense, alas he is not the most gifted and will be eating jabs all night long.
    5. 5 I can't recall him fighting a good solid southpaw.
    6. 6 His punching power is akin to Angulo, he doesn't have the one punch KO power he just hits hard enough to wear you down. Now this is not a bad thing at all, in fact it would prevent him from falling in love with his power and get caught in the trap that Donaire did.

He being Canelo.

However since he doesn't jab all that much,I think he will even less against a southpaw and since he squares up while being front foot heavy, leans forward when punching, all of that combined it leads me to believe this fight will be very similar to Chavez Martinez
    Last edited by DavilaJones; 04-15-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Clarification

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    I wrote a while back a three paragraph long analysis of why Trout will win, but since its damn 10 in the morning, I got finals and stuck at work I'll summarize.

1. 1 I've seen him be out boxed for many rounds straight in a fight until he manages to tag the opponent.
    2. 2 Due to his lack of consistent jabbing, he's forced to be front foot heavy coming forward so he can hit you as soon as he's in range which in turn makes him vulnerable to check hooks as the boxer opponent turns him.
    3. 3 He has offensive lulls in majority of rounds which leads me to believe he might have a stamina issue or has a disposition of waiting for an opportunity to strike.
    4. 4 Squares up when he punches and though not terrible at defense, alas he is not the most gifted and will be eating jabs all night long.
    5. 5 I can't recall him fighting a good solid southpaw.
    6. 6 His punching power is akin to Angulo, he doesn't have the one punch KO power he just hits hard enough to wear you down. Now this is not a bad thing at all, in fact it would prevent him from falling in love with his power and get caught in the trap that Donaire did.

However since he doesn't jab all that much,I think he will even less against a southpaw and since he squares up while being front foot heavy, leans forward when punching, all of that combined it leads me to believe this fight will be very similar to Chavez Martinez
    So this is a critique of Alvarez, explaining why Trout will win?
    And Trout will be Martinez and Alvarez will be Chavez Jr.? If that's the case, I don't buy it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah I did a little edit its a critique of Canleo, my bad on that I normally write with a bit more clarity. I should also explain the comparison. I don't think, not by a long shot that Trout has the same pop as Sergio does but I I believe that he will be turning Canelo round and round and popping him with enough jabs to win rounds.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You've got to take the fact that this fight is in Texas into consideration. If Donaire Rigondeaux had been in Texas then Donaire would have won a split decision.

If Alvarez spends the fight coming forward and throwing punches then even if he gets picked off and soundly outboxed all night long then he'll get the decision.

And that's what I think will happen. I'm not sold on Alvarez. He looks the business in fights but he's fighting welterweights and light welterweights. I think Trout is a massive step up for him and will have enough to win a UD, but then Alvarez will get it on the cards.

If Alvarez does walk through him then I'll have to take him seriously.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Trout did beat Saul's bother in Mexico but I do agree I have some trepidation regarding the bouts officiating.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gonna go with Canelo on this one, I think it will be his break out performance and he will win a hard fought SD. I think Canelo is faster and has more power than Trout but it will be a war!
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want Saul.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Going down from Kansas to watch this one should be a great fight. Real excited for it. Predicting a Trout victory. Cheers

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez stops Trout. Early. Decisively. No need for dodgy judges.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to Wembley for the Cleverly fight. Got ticket 7 rows from the front for £82.50 which I thought was a bargain for a decentish bill.

I'm going with Alvarez & Clevely by decision.
    @Mars_ax just FYI, Sky are showing the Brian Rose vs. Joachim Alcine bill which also features Lee Selby this Saturday too.

Cleverly bill and later Alvarez vs. Trout are both live on Boxnation for the UK fans.
    Last edited by bzkfn; 04-17-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    I'm going to Wembley for the Cleverly fight. Got ticket 7 rounds from the front for £82.50 which I thought was a bargain for a decentish bill.

I'm going with Alvarez & Clevely by decision.
    @Mars_ax just FYI, Sky are showing the Brian Rose vs. Joachim Alcine bill which also features Lee Selby this Saturday too.

Cleverly bill and later Alvarez vs. Trout are both live on Boxnation for the UK fans.
    I backed Cleverly on points at 6/4 and Canelo by KO at 11/4

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alvarez gets punched to much about the face and head. Lucky for him that he has been fighting men a lot smaller then him. This time he is fighting a big jr middle who is slick. I think Trout is going to box his ears off and get robbed. If he does a job on Alvarez like Rigo did on Donaire it will probably be a draw.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heart vs Brain for me or this guy > I really want Trout to pull this off, and I think it will be the hardest style who comes in fresh and boxing mind Alvarez has faced. But I just cannot get past Alvarez killing his mobility as it goes with obvious body work and not respecting Trouts power down the stretch. At some point Trout will have to go flat footed and try to be too cute and have to stand in. Body body body, Can't get around it. Trout is a solid talent and earned his spot but Canelo, who i've been hard as Hell on, should kick in the door in what will be his big 'breakout' declaratrion for a unam dec. Hope to be wrong frankly

Thread Information