Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Povetkin-Rahman and Pulev-Ustinov discussion thread

Rahman sounds terrible. He needs to go far far away.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rahman v Povetkin

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Povetkin is not a massive puncher, does not seem to have much stamina, and is not a great boxer. Other than that he is nearly average. He is still out of breath during the interview.
    U forgot a multiple gold medallist and and still undefeated as a pro too...

Should he have fought wlad? Of course! Pulev is up next for wlad so who cares...

Povetkin would beat prime rahman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=THE PHILOSOPHER;1101610]
    Nah, not a chance, I hate Rahman but he has beaten way better fighters than Povetkin in his prime.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Why the fuck is there 2 threads about this fight?
    You'll excuse me for some sarcasm here, but I believe it's because Master already started a thread some time ago, and then you started another...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    @Spicoli, I tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full, and says you need to make space before you can receive more PMs.

cheers

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Spicoli, I tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full, and says you need to make space before you can receive more PMs.

cheers
    Cool man. I never clean that thing out.

I just about had coffee through my nose when Rahman "hinted" at rematch. Destined for comic stage that one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cheers
    Cool man. I never clean that thing out.

I just about had coffee through my nose when Rahman "hinted" at rematch. Destined for comic stage that one.
    Just go to edit folders and delete

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Povetkin-Rahman and Pulev-Ustinov discussion thread View Post
    You'll excuse me for some sarcasm here, but I believe it's because Master already started a thread some time ago, and then you started another...
    @superheavyrhun - Right, Master started a "Povetkin-Rahman" thread, not a fucking "Povetkin-Rahman and Pulev-Ustinov discussion thread", which i'm guessing you must have turned this into sometime today.

For what it's worth, I started my thread on the 26th or last Tuesday, and typically I do the majority of the "fight threads" here, so where's the fucking sarcasm?

It's no big deal with me if you, Master, Freedom, and others want to do all the fight threads, I usually only posted them because nobody else seemed to want to, so from now on have at it, it's all yours mate.
    Do not worry about @superheavyrhun he is a trouble maker self absorbed hammer fan.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Povetkin-Rahman and Pulev-Ustinov discussion thread View Post
    @superheavyrhun - Right, Master started a "Povetkin-Rahman" thread, not a fucking "Povetkin-Rahman and Pulev-Ustinov discussion thread", which i'm guessing you must have turned this into sometime today.

For what it's worth, I started my thread on the 26th or last Tuesday, and typically I do the majority of the "fight threads" here, so where's the fucking sarcasm?

It's no big deal with me if you, Master, Freedom, and others want to do all the fight threads, I usually only posted them because nobody else seemed to want to, so from now on have at it, it's all yours mate.
    Do not worry about @superheavyrhun he is a trouble maker self absorbed hammer fan.
    @Master and @Mars_ax - Yes, I am prone to being a sarcastic trouble maker. I didn't know about your thread until you posted in here with your rather pointed comment. As the forum's lowest common denominator, I can say that I usually just go to the first thread I see about a fight, and that is often why some threads will get more traffic than others. I can't speak for everyone, but if there are two threads, I usually go to the one with the more replies.

It is of course welcome that you start threads about fights, after all, this is a forum to discuss boxing fights. There's just no point getting all het up and throwing your f-words about if people choose to go to another thread relating to the main event of a fight that was posted first.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    rahman will ko povetkin and that should be about the end of both their careers.

This is what eventually screwed Rahman.
    This kid's (ruth) beginning to develop the "Kiss of Death."

Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Mctaggert;1101614]
    Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    Nah, not a chance, I hate Rahman but he has beaten way better fighters than Povetkin in his prime.
    Lol that makes it look like I said the complete opposite of what I actually said. In reality Povetkin would struggle with a bowl of ramen noodles.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Greenbeanz;1101735]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctaggert View Post
    Lol that makes it look like I said the complete opposite of what I actually said. In reality Povetkin would struggle with a bowl of ramen noodles.
    We're gunna have to disagree on povetkin, As i said: A multiple gold medallist, still undefeated, yet to taste canvas, consistantly fought world class fighters (unlike the americans who are yet to fight anyone meaningful!) beat camarelle numerous times as an amateur!

Rahmans claim to fame is his flash KO of lewis (lewis made easy work of him 2nd time round) and stopping sanders after being beaten the snot out of! Typical sanders, ill conditioned and gassed! I don't really see it as he beat lewis therefore he has an automatic right to be favourite vs povetkin in a prime for prime scenario...by that logic buster douglas and brewster would beat him too! In reality they wouldn't!

Povetkin has only yet looked vulnerable vs huck (who is a very good and durable operator anyway! most of hucks opponents look bad against him and he is rarely in a boring fight!) However povetkin was trainerless in that fight yet he still won! Kosty tszyu is now preparing povetkin and he looked back on form last night, in truth only a handful of Hw's in the world would beat povetkin and 2 of those are called klitschko! With regards to wlad i think the fight is gunna happen now...

Povetkin: I would like to fight Klitschko

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=THE PHILOSOPHER;1101786]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctaggert View Post
    We're gunna have to disagree on povetkin, As i said: A multiple gold medallist, still undefeated, yet to taste canvas, consistantly fought world class fighters (unlike the americans who are yet to fight anyone meaningful!) beat camarelle numerous times as an amateur!

Rahmans claim to fame is his flash KO of lewis (lewis made easy work of him 2nd time round) and stopping sanders after being beaten the snot out of! Typical sanders, ill conditioned and gassed! I don't really see it as he beat lewis therefore he has an automatic right to be favourite vs povetkin in a prime for prime scenario...by that logic buster douglas and brewster would beat him too! In reality they wouldn't!

Povetkin has only yet looked vulnerable vs huck (who is a very good and durable operator anyway! most of hucks opponents look bad against him and he is rarely in a boring fight!) However povetkin was trainerless in that fight yet he still won! Kosty tszyu is now preparing povetkin and he looked back on form last night, in truth only a handful of Hw's in the world would beat povetkin and 2 of those are called klitschko! With regards to wlad i think the fight is gunna happen now...

Povetkin: I would like to fight Klitschko
    I like povetkin he's cool but he has some huge weaknesses, wladimir will eat him alive if they ever fight, povetkin looks to be a fairly tough guy but he is so easy to hit with jabs and just about anything and his reach is short, I think haye would have an easy time with him too.. Povetkin is quite skilled though but his stamina is also terrible

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wladimir will eat him alive
    He'l beat him yes but contrary to popular belief he won't walk through him! Not a 100% fully motivated povetkin! Everyone predicted manny would walk through marquez 3rd time round except me (albeit on another forum!) but he didn't! Povetkin will arguably be wlad's best opponent (top 3 at least!) and it's a fight that should be made...its a natural! Bit like Byrd v Lewis was circa early 00's! Yes wlad will win but he rarely ever get's out of 1st gear so he never really eats ppl alive does he! I think hooking up with tszyu will be a good thing for povetkin too!

I think haye would have an easy time with him too..
    People overrate haye IMO, Povetkin would do a better job on valuev and he'd certainly beat chisora! Take haye's power away and he really is not that exceptional....Haye has stamina issues too! Interesting fight which you would have to just give the edge to haye because of his explosive power!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wladimir will eat him alive
    He'l beat him yes but contrary to popular belief he won't walk through him! Not a 100% fully motivated povetkin! Everyone predicted manny would walk through marquez 3rd time round except me (albeit on another forum!) but he didn't! Povetkin will arguably be wlad's best opponent (top 3 at least!) and it's a fight that should be made...its a natural! Bit like Byrd v Lewis was circa early 00's! Yes wlad will win but he rarely ever get's out of 1st gear so he never really eats ppl alive does he! I think hooking up with tszyu will be a good thing for povetkin too!

I think haye would have an easy time with him too..
    People overrate haye IMO, Povetkin would do a better job on valuev and he'd certainly beat chisora! Take haye's power away and he really is not that exceptional....Haye has stamina issues too! Interesting fight which you would have to just give the edge to haye because of his explosive power!
    well call it whatever you want but i cant see povetkin lasting more than 6 rounds v wlad, he's just so easy to hit and after a couple of rounds of wladimir not missing his jab he would just start landing the right and after a few rounds of that povetkin would be down...

haye isn't great but he has quick hands a long reach and a lot of power I once again povetkins inability to dodge would land him in big trouble here

Thread Information