Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why Boxing has to be respected

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    The 98-92 scorecard was ridiculous. Actually so was the 97-93 card. 96-94 was fine. If you prefer a lot of jabs and patty cake punches than Vera won. If you prefer harder, cleaner punches than how can anybody make a case for Vera winning? Either way, I wish they would of gave Vera the win. Not necessarily cuz he earned it. But for respecting boxing. He kept himself in shape. Didn't complain. And went out there and just fought. Chavez needed a reality check. He thought he could get by on talent alone and didn't bother training. He disrespected boxing. Boxing doesn't take disrespect from any fighter. No matter what name he carries. Chavez should of blown Vera away. He didn't. It's an embarrassment that Vera can even make a case for winning. Boxing showed Chavez it will humble him if it has to. Chavez will be in shape for his next fight.
    I respect this post. It shows honesty and what we as fight fans expect from well trained atheletes. We pay our money and we deserve the best performance. The empty seats last night showed how no one cared about Chavez Jr. at that point and didn't want to give him a dime for his disrespectful behaviour as a fighter.

But (and I said this on another post about this): Chavez Jr. won that fight EASILY. It was clear Chavez didn't want to hurt Vera last night- and he could have if he stepped on the gas and really put the steam on his punches, doubled up with them and went to the body and head like he has been prone to do.

Chavez Jr. may have felt guilty due to his weight issues, knowing he was probably 10 pounds over the agreed limit- could have been a heavyweight last night and he looked like a Cruiserweight, at least.

When Chavez hit Vera with, "seemingly", mundane punches that were thrown in a whimsical fashion (as if to say: "Hey, let me throw a shot in there!"), Vera got rocked back like he was hit with a bag full of bowling balls. Plus, Chavez Jr. was hitting him more cleanly through the entire match. Also, Chavez Jr. was moving more fluidly and controlling the ring when he wanted to.

Vera was game. Vera had spots brilliance. If the fight was at 160, where it was to have supposed to have been, Vera may have had the power to make Chavez Jr. consider his attacks and also Chavez Jr. may have had that extra steam off of his punches. It would have been a better, harder scrap if at 160 where Vera would have had the advantage.

Last night was clearly a display of self-control of Chavez Jr. (odd, when we say that about Chavez Jr., all things considered) and his ability to win a fight without knocking the guy's head clean off when he very well could have. Chavez Jr. boxed better than I anticipated... he learned alot from that Martinez fight.

If Chavez Jr. had knocked his block off within 2-3 rounds, like how Arturo Gatti used to take advantage of weight gain and nearly kill his much smaller opponents within 3 rounds, we would have been talking even WORSE about his professionalism, or lack thereof, and also about boxing's bad reputation for an unregulated bloodsport where anything goes.
    Was Chavez pretending to be exhausted to go easy on Vera.

LOL..... No. He was taking a page out of Canelo's playbook (according to VD), and decided not to KO Vera out of respect.

This muthafukka seems to have a PhD in excuses.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    The 98-92 scorecard was ridiculous. Actually so was the 97-93 card. 96-94 was fine. If you prefer a lot of jabs and patty cake punches than Vera won. If you prefer harder, cleaner punches than how can anybody make a case for Vera winning? Either way, I wish they would of gave Vera the win. Not necessarily cuz he earned it. But for respecting boxing. He kept himself in shape. Didn't complain. And went out there and just fought. Chavez needed a reality check. He thought he could get by on talent alone and didn't bother training. He disrespected boxing. Boxing doesn't take disrespect from any fighter. No matter what name he carries. Chavez should of blown Vera away. He didn't. It's an embarrassment that Vera can even make a case for winning. Boxing showed Chavez it will humble him if it has to. Chavez will be in shape for his next fight.
    I respect this post. It shows honesty and what we as fight fans expect from well trained atheletes. We pay our money and we deserve the best performance. The empty seats last night showed how no one cared about Chavez Jr. at that point and didn't want to give him a dime for his disrespectful behaviour as a fighter.

But (and I said this on another post about this): Chavez Jr. won that fight EASILY. It was clear Chavez didn't want to hurt Vera last night- and he could have if he stepped on the gas and really put the steam on his punches, doubled up with them and went to the body and head like he has been prone to do.

Chavez Jr. may have felt guilty due to his weight issues, knowing he was probably 10 pounds over the agreed limit- could have been a heavyweight last night and he looked like a Cruiserweight, at least.

When Chavez hit Vera with, "seemingly", mundane punches that were thrown in a whimsical fashion (as if to say: "Hey, let me throw a shot in there!"), Vera got rocked back like he was hit with a bag full of bowling balls. Plus, Chavez Jr. was hitting him more cleanly through the entire match. Also, Chavez Jr. was moving more fluidly and controlling the ring when he wanted to.

Vera was game. Vera had spots brilliance. If the fight was at 160, where it was to have supposed to have been, Vera may have had the power to make Chavez Jr. consider his attacks and also Chavez Jr. may have had that extra steam off of his punches. It would have been a better, harder scrap if at 160 where Vera would have had the advantage.

Last night was clearly a display of self-control of Chavez Jr. (odd, when we say that about Chavez Jr., all things considered) and his ability to win a fight without knocking the guy's head clean off when he very well could have. Chavez Jr. boxed better than I anticipated... he learned alot from that Martinez fight.

If Chavez Jr. had knocked his block off within 2-3 rounds, like how Arturo Gatti used to take advantage of weight gain and nearly kill his much smaller opponents within 3 rounds, we would have been talking even WORSE about his professionalism, or lack thereof, and also about boxing's bad reputation for an unregulated bloodsport where anything goes.
    Was Chavez pretending to be exhausted to go easy on Vera.
    lol that must be it, same as Pacquiao just pretended to get KTFO to make up for the 3 robberies against Marquez hahahaha

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing doesn't respect itself from the inside out and fat spoiled twats like Jr don't respect guys like Vera who bust their ass daily...shit, he doesn't even respect himself! They just like corrupt or inept officials are not held accountable. I'm not too worried about a guy respecting the sport, I just want crooked carnival barkers like Arum and couch potato Cap'n Crunch scarfing slobs impersonating professionals like Baby Huey jr to follow the damn rules and meet contractual obligations!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys don't know shit about boxing. Chavez had that 10 rounder won from round 7 and 8, handily. Why fight for the rest of the way looking for a ko when you had it won... and as you said, he was exhausted and he still was beating Vera and getting out of the way enough.

A well traiend Chavez would have ko'd Vera within 5 or 6. Mayve even sooner.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A well traiend Chavez would have ko'd Vera within 5 or 6.

The title of the thread is "Why Boxing has to be respected."
    Care to venture a reason as to why Junior wasn't well-trained?

Take your time.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    A well traiend Chavez would have ko'd Vera within 5 or 6.

The title of the thread is "Why Boxing has to be respected."
    Care to venture a reason as to why Junior wasn't well-trained?

Take your time.
    I know the title of the thread, and what it suggests and/or speaks to. He didn't respect the fight game, I agree with that. But he also won clearly, as I stated...

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guys don't know shit about boxing. Chavez had that 10 rounder won from round 7 and 8, handily. Why fight for the rest of the way looking for a ko when you had it won... and as you said, he was exhausted and he still was beating Vera and getting out of the way enough.

Are you being serious or are you trying to stir things up

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing is like a jealous, psychotic woman...If you don't give your full attention to the relationship, if you think you can divide your attention, she'll kill you. That is why you have to respect boxing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't seen the fight but I've heard the opinion of people who I respect and usually agree with saying they thought Vera beat him convincingly.

It's just a sad fact in boxing that there is no consistency when it comes to the scoring of a fight, and unless you stop a guy there's no telling who is going to win when the scorecards are handed out.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats just ass backwards and its Jrs problem the entire time and the root of his problems...assuming that all he has to do is show up and can slack off. That and bong hits and having nothing but yes men around him.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....didn't.

Unless its sarcasm, in which case brilliant

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

Thats just ass backwards and its Jrs problem the entire time and the root of his problems...assuming that all he has to do is show up and can slack off. That and bong hits and having nothing but yes men around him.

It has to be sarcastic, right?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's sarcastic is picking Vera as the winner when he clearly didn't win... not even close.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

It has to be sarcastic, right?
    You would think, either that or Gwen Adair or Jr. have joined Saddo.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I haven't seen the fight but I've heard the opinion of people who I respect and usually agree with saying they thought Vera beat him convincingly.

It's just a sad fact in boxing that there is no consistency when it comes to the scoring of a fight, and unless you stop a guy there's no telling who is going to win when the scorecards are handed out.

Agree with your post... except maybe the last part. If Chavez Jr. is involved, chances are unless he gets stopped, he's getting the decision. The fact that Martinez got the nod in their fight is a testament to just how badly Sergio schooled and dominated the kid. Otherwise, it could've been another shady decision.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I don't think there's a need to add anything to this thread. @Violent Demise , you have finally shown yourself to be (for the millionth time), the blind, nationalistic, moronic poster you've always been. Like I've always said, you defend the indefensible... right there for all to see.

Ahhh.... it's like going to the forest to chop down a sickly pine, only to find out the damn thing has developed tree rot and has fallen down on its own.

Show me exactly how I defended him

Thread Information