Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: James DeGale v Badou Jack - Sky Sports

De Gale will outpoint him but he's not consistent and will leave enough rounds close or lose them so that the judges can give the decision to Jack. So 2017 will start off with another shitty decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think this will be a terrific fight featuring two champions in their prime contesting the Super middleweight lineal, Ring & WBC/IBF titles..... I'm rooting for Badou but think "Chunky" gets the points win by outlasting Jack..... I really have to like the way Badou Jack 20-1-2 has stepped up and fought the best competition after suffering his only loss via upset TKO in 2014.... The Ripper's last few opponents: (W) Anthony Dirrell 27-1, (W) George Groves 22-2, (D) Lucian Bute 32-3 and now the highly regarded 168 champ James DeGale 23-1.....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Top matchup (as far as the division goes).

Don't see anything particularly impressive about Jack but considering he keeps getting the nod over fellow top/solid/good fighters he's doing something right. I'm in the minority that rate DeGale higher than he probably deserves so expect him to wipe the floor with Jack, however, considering he's an expert at switching off, it's more likely Jack nicks rounds making it close, especially as the "home" fighter.

The draw at 25/1 must be worth some shrapnel.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope DeGale pulls this off. I would love Floyd to lose another champion.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to dislike DeGale because the persona he puts out in his interviews and in the fight build-up veers slightly wide of cocky and closer to arrogant twat. However, met him on a flight to Cyprus after he won the world title, and he was nice, funny and actually came across quite well.

Anyway, I do think he looked quite good in the last few fights, and I reckon he should have enough to beat Jack, who is not a great fighter when looking back down the history of the SMW division. For me, I'll only be watching this if the late NFL playoffs is a blowout and not competitive. Otherwise, I hope he wins and I can watch it on Sunday.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Massive fight and when you think about it one of the most significant nights for a UK fighter in a long long time.
    When Chunkys on it he's a brilliant slick fighter and i reckon he'll be on fire tonight and win this.
    Used to baffle me when he'd stay on the ropes and scrap (Channel 5 days) instead of doing what he's brilliant at and moving about and boxing the opponents head off...... He's pretty much capable of beating anyone when he sticks to his boxing.
    Hoping he's experienced/wise enough now to not switch off and forget what he does best which i think he is
    He's from my manor in London too, literally down the road so fingers crossed he cuts the mustard and delivers
    Gwan JD..!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Solid under the radar trinket match on Showextreme right now. Ievgen Khytrov vs Immanuwel Aleem 160 and #1 spot. Both have flashes of top tier talent but Khytrov may have his break out moment here!

Holy crap Aleem hurt him badly!
    Last edited by Spicoli; 01-15-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolute war this one! Both badly battered in fantastic 3rd as Khytrov dropped flat on his back.

both examined after bell to start 4th clock running Doctors made Khytrov walk forward, back and all but stand on one foot.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Solid under the radar trinket match on Showextreme right now. Ievgen Khytrov vs Immanuwel Aleem 160 and #1 spot. Both have flashes of top tier talent but Khytrov may have his break out moment here!

@Spicoli is what your watching now on Showextreme part of the actual Degale v Jack card or something different?
    I'm guessing Showextreme is on Showtime?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

@Spicoli is what your watching now on Showextreme part of the actual Degale v Jack card or something different?
    Yeh exactly mate it's a 'sister' network and listed as forth fight down on entire card. They show prelims here then main Showtime Ch. for DeGale v Jack set to kick off 90 minutes. Amanda Serrano v Rivas after this scrap.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aleem absolutely brutalized him for 6th round tko after another KD. Right hand every single time. Did NOT see this one coming. Lets hope the entire night lives up to this!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh exactly mate it's a 'sister' network and listed as forth fight down on entire card. They show prelims here then main Showtime Ch. for DeGale v Jack set to kick off 90 minutes. Amanda Serrano v Rivas after this scrap.

@Spicoli Sweet and thanks for info, think i can get Showtime through Kodi so will check it out now

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Spicoli Just watched the full 6 rounds first fight they showed on Sky Sports (Our UK Channel) What a fucking fight...!! Proper tear-up that one!!!!
    Aleem looks good but also wild and wide open which just makes him more watchable.

WTF was that new thing that happened in the 60 seconds between rounds 4 and 5 where each fighter has to do a kind of drink driving Police test while facing a Doctor?

Carl Froch while commentating said he's seen this a few times in recent tough fights but it's the first time i've seen it and never in the UK so far?

Great Fight... and only 2 weeks into January and already a possible fight of the year

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This new drink driving police test for fighters that's being enforced tonight has gotta be a knock on effect of the new insurance laws for combat sport in NYC that came into play last year surely?
    A way of promoters lowering the odds of fighters getting hospitalised on their card/reducing the chances of them having to pay out $$$$$$$

In April, the New York State Assembly legalized mixed martial arts in the state following years of lobbying efforts by UFC. Part of the bill included higher insurance rates for all combat sports. They went from $10,000 to $50,000 for general medical coverage per fighter on each card. Most don't view that as overly problematic, but the bill also included a new $1 million minimum requirement for each fighter in the event one suffers a traumatic brain injury. That does happen -- Magomed Abdusalamov's high-profile case comes to mind -- but it is rare.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/id/17444570/new-insurance-rules-new-york-boxing-ropes

@brocktonblockbust is a NYC boy .... wonder if he knows what the score is with this

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Spicoli Sweet and thanks for info, think i can get Showtime through Kodi so will check it out now
    Is there any way of getting Showtime and HBO via Kodi?

Evening chaps. Just got in. Davis looking good here.

Thread Information