Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp & Sudden Rise in Mental Illness in America (video)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Sharp & Sudden Rise in Mental Illness in America (video)

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sharp & Sudden Rise in Mental Illness in America (video)

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If anyone is showing signs of mental illness it is you.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TAKE YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF THIS CAMPUS TAKE YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF THIS CAMPUS

I can't stop laughing at that girl hahaha

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    If anyone is showing signs of mental illness it is you.
    It seems however that you are in denial and are utterly unable to comment on the topic that I have introduced and instead always choose to dismiss the phenomenon and criticize me. That kind of denial could be considered a mental illness as well.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    TAKE YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF THIS CAMPUS TAKE YOUR HATE SPEECH OFF THIS CAMPUS

I can't stop laughing at that girl hahaha
    Dude that girl could be a spokesperson for the millions and millions of spoiled rotten brats who were raised in the 90s at daycare centers and who are simply adult versions of whining babies.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was watching a documentary that touched on the rise in mental illness. It seems that in the desire to put us all in boxes that ordinary human emotions had to be categorised into mental conditions. There was a group of scientists who set out to prove that anyone could be taken into a mental hospital. They said that they were hearing voices and were promptly diagnosed as schizophrenics in each of the hospitals they went to. Modern diagnosis in that sense is a bit of a sham and I experienced this a while back when I diagnosed myself with a condition and got handed pretty strong medication. These days they are handing out pills to kids in America and mostly because the parents are too overworked and stressed to raise their kids properly. It isn't natural to send your kid away at the age of 3 or have 2 parents working full time and they wonder why the kid starts to play up. 'Must be mentally ill, let's put him on uppers and downers!'. Oh dear!

Modern life puts more pressure on people than in the past and in an age of consumerism and selfish desires, people are programmed to feel bad about themselves. I think it is harder to cope in such an unnatural cage, but I don't think it is so much that people are ill, it is the society that is making people jittery. Then they get put on anti depressants and pills. Society is warped as is the medical profession in this regard.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plus all the education and societal indoctrination people have to go through. It's really difficult for kids to get through that unscathed. I feel a bit sorry for them.

El Kabong Guest

Back when Dodge Ball was a thing this Social Justice Warrior crap WASN'T.....coincidence? I don't think so!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel Gandalf is too empathetic to these millennial SJW snowflakes. He is trying to sympathize with them as he has a good heart but these people born from the mid-90's and up really have zero sense DUE TO BEING INTIMATELY FUSED TO THEIR SMART PHONES 24/7 and also DUE TO CARING OH SO MUCH ABOUT WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA COMMENTS ABOUT THEM that not only do they have no idea how to deal with different people/situations/dilemmas but canNOT work together/problem solve at ALL. What they said in the 80's about how the Sony Walkman was going in to isolate people from each other and due to always wearing those headphones really has come home to roost with this iPhone and smartphone Madness. People walk around in the street on busy sidewalks looking straight down at their phones and walking straight into you. It is an absolute disgrace they have no more respect on buses or trains or in libraries or classrooms or movie theaters that just because this technology now exists they think it is okay to play music and videos and do all this social media nonsense right in front of everybody. They can no longer relate to other human beings right next to them or in society. They do not know how to have meaningful conversations. Yet they want everything and have a sense of entitlement about everything and cannot accept a differing opinion and now simply think they can block people block block block and they need to stay in their safe spaces and do not want to be triggered. You could not be more delicate if you tried. Can you imagine these winners one day growing up and having children of Their Own? I don't know why Gandalf wants to defend them and feel sorry for them. These people can not even wipe their own asses. You go ahead and feel sorry for them and blame the central banks or the lack of jobs. That only goes so far man. As well round the human beings these people do not cut the mustard in any way shape or form. They have no worldly knowledge whatsoever.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it is more somewhere in the middle. There are capable minds out there, just as there are lost souls staring blankly into their screens, walking straight into the path of an oncoming bus. Young people cannot afford a home like in their parents day, they graduate with huge debts, they are in a police state, they have zero hours contracts, less secure jobs, earn less, have been raised in either broken homes or families where the parents are too busy to see them, even a chocolate bar is about 50% smaller than it was a generation ago, their health care is being privatised. It's a warped world that they are living in and there is no future. They are angry and frustrated, but what to do about it? Complain on Twitter? In the 60's you would see people organising and getting radical, but that spark seems to be missing now. People are more isolated and in many cases are conditioned to fulfill only their selfish desires. In other countries around the world, that spark is still there. It's a Western phenomenon.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot afford a house as my parents could. In fact I cannot afford ANY house. I cannot afford health insurance. There are no jobs for me with my Masters degree. I myself PERSONALLY REMEMBER BIGGER CANDY BARS. Yet I do not walk into people on the sidewalk, have problems finding solutions on a team, need a safe space or trigger warning, or fail to know the capital cities of every country on Earth, what WWII is, who The Beatles were, etc. Millenials are empty, vacuous, inept, self-entitled, petulant immature gender-confused NITWITS. Raised in the 90's in daycares.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Oh yeah. Society is headed toward a great place nowadays.

This, and the proliferation of guns and the refusal to want to sit down and deal with the problem sounds like a real powder keg recipe for the future. I wonder how many of these people shown on here are potential mass murderers just waiting to break into their parents' armory/stash.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is a harder world today. Michael Moore, the Clinton supporter, talked about how his Dad worked at the company and the income provided for the family, had health care, a pension, plenty for all and likely a job that lasted for decades. You just don't get that anymore. Everything is about screwing the worker for more and more and the solution to societies ills? To reduce corporation taxes, to give tax breaks to the rich, to cut services because the rich are now hoarding all the money, to make the market God, to trample on Unions, to call anyone who says it is BS a Communist. It is rubbish and the rise of the machines means that a lot of young people are lost in their devices. I can't talk because I post a lot and haven't changed the world either. Still, the young have been handed a really bad set of cards and while the hippies set about changing the world and promptly gave up, the young today don't seem to be even trying. I was watching a documentary and the attitudes of the young Arabs was really impressive. They really would die for their cause and in the West nobody wants to even go hungry for a day. That's not true, you do get these strange young people in the video that you posted, but they seem so wayward and hysterical. Those college kids are not like most kids, they are the most extreme examples really.

Thread Information