Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who's next for Pacquiao? (without Hatton)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's next for Pacquiao? (without Hatton)

Share/Bookmark
    XaduBoxer Guest

Default Who's next for Pacquiao? (without Hatton)

Who's next for Pacquiao? After the failed Hatton negotiation.

Please vote who do you think PAC will fight next? Just mention the name of a boxer if he's not on the list of choices.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who's next for Pacquiao? (without Hatton)

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

Please vote who do you think PAC will fight next? Just mention the name of a boxer if he's not on the list of choices.
    Too bad for Manny none of those names will get him near as much as 50% against Hatton.

PBF will stay retired.
    No way PACs handlers will let him in the ring with Margarito.
    Valero's medical issues make it so he can't fight in the USA, so that fight is unlikely.
    JMM/Diaz winner AKA JMM would be a good option.
    Soto would no justify PPV.
    Campbell/Funeka winner will have to be a FOTY candidate for team PAC to even entertain that idea.
    Cotto IMO would be the most likely option as it would be PPV, he's not that big for a WW, and clearly team PAC is going the PBF route where it is now all about the money.
    Last edited by killersheep; 01-22-2009 at 01:33 AM.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whoever is going o pay him the most.. Funny how that comes to light now, and Mayweather was getting shit for try to maximize the $$$$$ and pac was supposed to be cut from a different cloth Now Pac is in the drivers seat and guess what He is trying to maximize too

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

Too bad for Manny none of those names will get him near as much as 50% against Hatton.

PBF will stay retired.
    Valero's medical issues make it so he can't fight in the USA, so that fight is unlikely.
    Campbell/Funeka winner will have to be a FOTY candidate for team PAC to even entertain that idea.
    Cotto IMO would be the most likely option as it would be PPV, he's not that big for a WW, and clearly team PAC is going the PBF route where it is now all about the money.
    Yep, Cotto is a very attractive option (tho I voted for PBF)... I also remember that I posted in my friend Tito's thread that "Cotto's perceived weaknesses are PAC's actual strengths"... Hmmnnn, favorable match up for PAC??

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

PBF will stay retired.
    Yep, Cotto is a very attractive option (tho I voted for PBF)... I also remember that I posted in my friend Tito's thread that "Cotto's perceived weaknesses are PAC's actual strengths"... Hmmnnn, favorable match up for PAC??

Of course that makes the assumption that Cotto is able to bounce back from the Margarito loss and win decisively over Jennings, if Cotto doesn't look stellar against Jennings, then he's not ready for PAC.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    Whoever is going o pay him the most.. Funny how that comes to light now, and Mayweather was getting shit for try to maximize the $$$$$ and pac was supposed to be cut from a different cloth Now Pac is in the drivers seat and guess what He is trying to maximize too
    Exactly. Good post.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can only hope Pac wises up just as he did when the De La Hoya deal was supposedly dead. Because both financially and legacy wise there is no fight that even approaches a bout with Hatton. Any other fight he takes will be for a third of the money at best, and won't do nearly as much for his legacy. I know some people thought Marquez won both fights (I thought Pac won the first 113-112 with Marquez winning in rounds 7-5 but Pac winning on points based on the 10-6 first round; thought Pac won second fight 114-113 based on 2nd round KD but having Marquez winning either fight was reasonable based on many close rounds). But another Marquez fight would not do much for his legacy and certainly would not reach the financial realm of a Hatton fight. In any case, no fight approaches the Hatton fight either legacy or money wise. Legacy wise it gives him a title in his 6th weight class against a HOF caliber fighter. Money wise it is ridiculously more than anything else he could get. This is a no-brainer and his team would be retarded to pass it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mayweather was getting shit because he was getting too much money and fighting safe. when you watch a pac fight you get what you are paying for. pac is now p4p#1 so he has the right to demand more. he is the bigger draw between him and hatton.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

XaduBoxer Guest

So far as expected, PBF leads as next for Pacquiao... More money, more legacy, more prestige...

No one voted for Margarito (or Mosley)? Margarito said he's ready to fight Pacquiao next after this Saturday's fight with Mosley...

"Margarito says a fight with Pacquiao is very possible. If he prevails over Mosley on Saturday, he will take a look at his available options, Cotto or Pacquiao, and make a decision. Both Margarito and Pacquiao and promoted by Top Rank.

"I am focused on the fight with Mosley. [My next fight] will be a rematch against Cotto or a fight with Manny Pacquiao. We are willing fight him anywhere, but first we should concentrate on this fight [with Mosley] and later we will see what happens," Margarito told Primera Hora. "Freddie Roach has already said that they have the keys to beat me."

"In reality I never thought that he would continue fighting at welterweight. I thought that he moved up only to fight De La Hoya, but now they are already talking about me."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Hatton def doesn't happen I see being Floyd! In which case Pac gets taught a lesson!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Pac decides to get in the ring with Margarito after the Mosley fight, he gets the Golden Balls award for the last 10 years... Margarito is savage for a Welter... He's as big and relentless as they come, and Manny is barely even a genuine Welter... or a Welter period...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't know if this is true but according to some boxing analyst.. the reason why pac wants the bigger slice of the pie is because he has to share a % for Top Rank, a % for Golden Boy promotions, a % for U.S. tax, a % for PI tax, a % for a sanctioning fee, % for training and % for his lawyer... those in bold letters are the main reason why they want a bigger share...

XaduBoxer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by antimoron View Post
    i don't know if this is true but according to some boxing analyst.. the reason why pac wants the bigger slice of the pie is because he has to share a % for Top Rank, a % for Golden Boy promotions, a % for U.S. tax, a % for PI tax, a % for a sanctioning fee, % for training and % for his lawyer... those in bold letters are the main reason why they want a bigger share...

Hmmnnn this could be true... Whatever it is, PAC has (I think) sensible reasons to back out from the negotiation... It's a fight that most fans wanted but what can we do if both parties can't agree on some fight details...

Let's move on... Who's next for PAC (without Hatton)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see him fight pretty boy floyd.. just to see Floyd pick him apart slowly and embarress him like he did to Hatton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by josef4334 View Post
    mayweather was getting shit because he was getting too much money and fighting safe. when you watch a pac fight you get what you are paying for. pac is now p4p#1 so he has the right to demand more. he is the bigger draw between him and hatton.
    Fanboy to the end

Thread Information