Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default wrestling and boxing similarities

Hi,
    I used to compete at amateur wrestling and am exteremly interested in beginning boxing. I know most wrestlers usually steer towards MMA fighting, but I'm more interested in a more traditional sport. Anyways did anyone on here who boxes wrestle as well, and can give me some similar areas to be aware of? Thanks! I hvae a 80 lb heavy bag at home, a speed bag, jumpe ropes, small dumbbells for shadow boxing, wrestling shoes to wear to train in, 12 lb medicine ball...ankle weights for the jump rope...etc...I'm hooked, mainly from watching de la hoya and mayweather train, it reminded me so much of training for wrestling bc of the the dedication, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: wrestling and boxing similarities

my brother is a werestler slash boxer but he was a boxer first, simalarities are none other than hard work, even if ur in supreme shape u will fid urself gettin tired because it is a diffrent type of regimne and intensity, wrestles are really though and are in great shape but jus the fact that ur doin sumtin u never did before will get u tired, and the mental part is difrent cuz ur gettin hit , but i suggest it its great fun i been doin it for 6 years with 3 being consistent sohave fun and i wish u luck

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The sport with simular posture to Boxing is Judo, Wrestling is a bit different with practice you will get there.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I used to wrestle also, and there's not many similarities besides the fact that they are both individual sports, and they are 2 of the hardest sports out there.

Thread Information