Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  84
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last TV show/Box Set you watched? (Flag spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Top Boy - watched it over the past couple of weeks, liked it because of where it was set (London shithole council estates), however, found it hard to have sympathy with the characters, especially season 3. I hated everyone apart from Sully (and the genuine innocent). And I don't want to make a political point but it's not a coincidence that season 3, after a decade gap in this current climate, portrays all the black single mothers as angels, the drug dealer loving dads/guardians as "hustling a living" whilst white people are to blame for everything and untrustworthy devils (even the poor skagheads were wronguns). And all whites outside London are racist as hell. Good stuff though.

A lot of whites outside London are racist as hell. I know I live amongst them (:

No Asian racists though. Not just in Britain. Nowhere in the world are there any racists Asians. I have it on good authority from ...................

A non-racist white man man
    I can assure you Asian people of all description (not just Bruce Lee) are the most racist towards black people i've ever come across. And yes there's lots of white racists in London too... they're called East Europeans... and geriatrics.

No you are Wrong. When I told Gandalf that some of the most racist things I have ever heard, came out of the mouths of Asians, he assured me there were no Asian racists in the world and also assured me I did not know any Asians. So my Asian step-mother of almost 40 years is obviously just a figment of my imagination.

( She is not a racist by the way )
    Why the go to troll to gandalf? I though we had those truce from 2 days in that past? And you! Also say me more trolling on Greta thread! Keep that peace please! So, my spouse is Laotian and so not any racist! You do generalise on Asia and racist, so, arrest that accuse to the people here!

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Finished the French Netflix tv show, black spot, or French name zone Blanche, which as @Fatboxingfan (or anyone with a simple knowledge of French) will tell you is sort of the complete opposite.. I find that mildly amusing :S...

Anyway it's actually very good, quite a nice atmosphere about the whole show and it has some good reverse twists in it, it made a change from the normal stuff anyway. I think they could have made tree characters a bit better but overall i would rate it very good. Of course the second season ended with the annoying cliffhanger and apparently it did not get good ratings on French TV so a third season may not happen, maybe Netflix will take up the funding for it who knows...

Anyway I thought it was very good so much so that I bought kronenbourg today.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Finished the French Netflix tv show, black spot, or French name zone Blanche, which as @Fatboxingfan (or anyone with a simple knowledge of French) will tell you is sort of the complete opposite.. I find that mildly amusing :S...

Anyway it's actually very good, quite a nice atmosphere about the whole show and it has some good reverse twists in it, it made a change from the normal stuff anyway. I think they could have made tree characters a bit better but overall i would rate it very good. Of course the second season ended with the annoying cliffhanger and apparently it did not get good ratings on French TV so a third season may not happen, maybe Netflix will take up the funding for it who knows...

Tre true, Mathieu Missoffe, Suliane Brahim, Hubert Delattre, and Laurent Capelluto are all those good friend of mine's @palmerq

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

Tre true, Mathieu Missoffe, Suliane Brahim, Hubert Delattre, and Laurent Capelluto are all those good friend of mine's @palmerq
    I should have known, fatboxing fan is creative accountant to the stars! (of France :S)... If gerard depardieu had you working the night shift he'd never have defected to Russia!

It is actually a good TV show though, I do recommend it... Trying some other no uk/USA shows on Netflix right now to see if they have something the English speaking shows dont(well except foreign languages:S).. Watched the fly st episode of some German TV show about the DJ whisynew label is like a drug dealer, has some brexit stuff too, they talk a bit fast for me to understand but first episode was interesting enough. I also forgot its name... And I am quickly realising This is a very pointless post.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the witcher, headed by the man of steel himself
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In homage to the film thread.

Giri/Haji - A Japanese/London drama/thriller about two brothers caught in the Yakuza/London crime world crossover. It's not some silly hard man shit, it's all about family, loyalty, culture clash, relationships, a bit "arty" (not in a bad way, in an Inception way without the confusion).

Peaky Blinders series 5 - If there's ever been anything better than this drama I don't believe it (first season of True Detective aside). The mixing of real life characters with fiction is superb - Churchill, Mosley, fascists, toffs. It's worth watching just for the sets and soundtrack alone (Nick Cave).
    100% on Peaky Blinders, My favorite character was the Jewish London crime boss.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God father of Harlem has been great.

Animal Kingdom... fucking wicked. Its based very lightly on an old matriarch bitch we get to see occasionally and hear a lot about (Kath Pettingill. They should make a true one about the Petingill crime family out here,her eldest son was literally the right hand man of the devil himself.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Birthday movies? Boxing day too.

I watched One Step Beyond, from season 1 called "The Navigator" (release date April 14th 1959)

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched most of that lost is space season 2 on Netflix. It’s corny and campy but for some reason you can get into it. Every time I see the robot protecting the kid saying “danger will Robinson” I think of me protecting miles. Miles had done so much for all of us, we are all indebted to him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A subtle swipe. Yes Miles has indeed. And stuck out his neck.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    A subtle swipe. Yes Miles has indeed. And stuck out his neck.
    For better head?

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

pine gap
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Just started HBO's old west series 'Deadwood' really stellar cast they had.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Season 1 of Tin Star. Proper wrong un ex London copper moves to Canada to escape his past yadda yadda, all the while an evil oil company has moved into his new patch to build a pipe or summat and start killing people who get in the way. Tim Roth, like it, Christina Hendricks (0)(0) Nice. Should have been really good, but it was all a bit meh! I kept waiting for it to proper catch fire when he started drinking again, I love piss head characters, even watched a bit of Stenders for a while when I knew Phil was a proper boozer. It never really did though. There were some funny bits, some dark bits, but not enough of either for me.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tin Star was downright weird. I didn't mind it at all. But what I don't like about some of these Netflix series is they sometimes end abruptly.... and then don't bother to put out a new season way until you've forgotten all about the series.

Currently watching Blacklist, and it has kept my interest.

Thread Information