Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Danny Garcia was impressive

I wasn't a big Danny fan but just saw the fight and he impressed me with his boxing and selection of punches. The way he attacked the body those were some good thudding punches. The knock out was a perfect punch it wasn't wide and slow but very short and crisp. I want to see a khan rematch to see how he does cuz I feel that the lucky punch saved him that night. Thought?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Danny Garcia was impressive

Shit, I should not have read this, havnt seen the fight yet!

Anyone know where i can "download" it?

Cheers, Xweetie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wouldn't say Garcia was lucky against Khan, he landed good shots and finished the fight when had to, he did what he promised he would do.

Khan might last longer next time but I still think Garcia would win. Garcia is on a high now, Khan is rebuilding. If Khan had made the right offer he would have got the rematch straight away, instead he needs to come back slowly and against a lightweight. That in itself shows a weakness. He has never shown a burning desire to get revenge with anyone, even with Peterson he tried his hardest to get the decision overturned rather than face him again, he wasn't left with much choice in the end but I bet he was so happy when Peterson failed his drugs test.

I'm surprised Khan hasn't been able to get this comeback fight made for a vacant title so he can claim to be the best straight away if he was to win.

Morales has a lot of miles on the clock and is well past his best but he could give other fighters problems. He looked like an old man, remember he is fighting well out of his natural weight class. But yes I think Garcia was pretty impressive, if he keeps improving and doesn't let the fame ruin him he can go far.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales has more than a lot of miles. Morales is shot. He's had a great career, but he's done. He should do himself a favor and hang up the gloves before he gets seriously hurt. All credit in the world to Garcia. He looked sharp last night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armyash View Post
    Wouldn't say Garcia was lucky against Khan, he landed good shots and finished the fight when had to, he did what he promised he would do.

Khan might last longer next time but I still think Garcia would win. Garcia is on a high now, Khan is rebuilding. If Khan had made the right offer he would have got the rematch straight away, instead he needs to come back slowly and against a lightweight. That in itself shows a weakness. He has never shown a burning desire to get revenge with anyone, even with Peterson he tried his hardest to get the decision overturned rather than face him again, he wasn't left with much choice in the end but I bet he was so happy when Peterson failed his drugs test.

I'm surprised Khan hasn't been able to get this comeback fight made for a vacant title so he can claim to be the best straight away if he was to win.

Morales has a lot of miles on the clock and is well past his best but he could give other fighters problems. He looked like an old man, remember he is fighting well out of his natural weight class. But yes I think Garcia was pretty impressive, if he keeps improving and doesn't let the fame ruin him he can go far.
    i just felt like khan was giving him a whoopin but he got caught and never was able to recover i felt that was the only reason he started hitting him with the good shots. but before that he was barely getting to khan.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All of the focus was on the bs Morales and the seemingly make it up as you go officials created prior and through it he kept his head and did exactly what he needed to do against the obvious memory of Morales lastnight. I honestly didn't think he looked bad at all the first time. Glad he put this chapter behind him and the kid has obvious talent thats all coming together. He's on a major stride and I think he dusts Khan again.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia did look impressive but he was fighting a very old Morales who probably took drugs to make weight which shows that he was not in the best condition to begin with. If Khan fought Morales he would have got severely criticised. Garcia did the job but Khan was beating him easily and may have stopped him mid way in their fight. Garcia has power and puts his punches nicely, throwing body shots so that he can get to the chin and he may become a better champion now with the extra confidence.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Abelardus View Post
    I wasn't a big Danny fan but just saw the fight and he impressed me with his boxing and selection of punches. The way he attacked the body those were some good thudding punches. The knock out was a perfect punch it wasn't wide and slow but very short and crisp. I want to see a khan rematch to see how he does cuz I feel that the lucky punch saved him that night. Thought?
    You weren't a big fan of Danny but THIS fight impressed you? ... lol. The Khan fight was 10 times more impressive he beat a chubby muffin old Morales tonight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm with ya. Think Garcia did get a bit lucky with the Khan match, tho Khan was thinking all offense and totally neglecting his defense that night.

On Saturday night, Garcia looked great. He made the necessary adjustments to handle Morales with ease, and Erik was the same old Erik as always.

Early on Morales tried his patented right hand feint then tried to come in on Garcia and ate about 3 punches. That was a clear indicator that Garcia was wise to Morale's wily tricks this time.

A bit like Morales vs. Pacqauio III.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    You weren't a big fan of Danny but THIS fight impressed you? ... lol. The Khan fight was 10 times more impressive he beat a chubby muffin old Morales tonight.
    Ya he looked way better then in the khan fight. Khan was beating him until that hook and in this fight he actually studied his opponent and was looking where he threw his punches. For example look at the left hook that he landed on khan and the hook he landed on morales. He didn't look down and throws random punch that knocked out morales it was a very well picked shot.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its a bit harsh on Garcia to suggest he got lucky against Khan or snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Khan dominated for two and a bit rounds then got twatted. If Garcia had edged his way back into the fight and stopped him late we'd all be saying what a great performance it was. He just happened to chin him in four.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Garcia did look impressive but he was fighting a very old Morales who probably took drugs to make weight which shows that he was not in the best condition to begin with. If Khan fought Morales he would have got severely criticised. Garcia did the job but Khan was beating him easily and may have stopped him mid way in their fight. Garcia has power and puts his punches nicely, throwing body shots so that he can get to the chin and he may become a better champion now with the extra confidence.
    I didn't see any point in this rematch at all but wasn't it Morales who acted on his rematch claus? Had Garcia balked even after the shady nature of 'we'll keep testing until we get the result we want" gate...I think they would have stripped him in a flash. Alot of people throw in that about guys winning a fight until they got ktfo...well yeh, so what good did it do you. It just always kills me, like Khans chin failing was a total fluke or accident

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess i'll be the only one to say, i wasn't all that impressed by garcia. He did what he was supposed to do against morales. He was catching morales, but the knockout shot was just a matter of him throwing with Morales. it looked great. Morales was finding him too easy in the first fight and I think he he still landed some shots that shouldn't have been landing in the rematch. A those shots from a harder puncher or craftier guy could spell trouble. Call it a combo of the depth at the weight class and the the fact that the impressive wins he has so far were more a combination of time and the other guy's mental and physical lapses.. but i dont look at garcia and consider him a safe bet against the more talented guys of the division of the guys in and around the weight. He tries to outhustle the older guys and out punch the youngers guys. He happened to come up big with morales (old/bloated) and khan(chinny) the past few times out and he threw with them. Maybe they'll match him up with Mathysse next time out... a guy that can take his shots and fire back. just my opinion of course
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan should never rematch Garcia..EVER

I don't care when Danny knocks him out or how he knocks him out..he just does it eventually. Garcia has the patience and timing to not be flustered by "losing a fight on points". Let's be honest, he's never going to beat a fighter like Khan on points but he will still beat Khan 9 out of 10 times anyway because Garcia will ice him at some point in the match.

I like that about the guy. He stays cool and composed under the pressure where most fighters get reckless after losing 2 or 3 rounds. Two identical left hook knockouts in back to back matches? I think that's a little more than a "fluke"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    I think its a bit harsh on Garcia to suggest he got lucky against Khan or snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Khan dominated for two and a bit rounds then got twatted. If Garcia had edged his way back into the fight and stopped him late we'd all be saying what a great performance it was. He just happened to chin him in four.
    I agree with you about Khan. Right now Garcia is running over with confidence, and is going to be hard to beat .
    Morales is finished, experts say fighters can get old over night, and I think he got old in the first Garcia fight and the second fight just confirmed it.
    Morales was only slightly better than a punching bag, unable to get away, unable to defend himself, and unable to offer any offence. I've always liked Morales--nothing to dislike--so I hope he forgets that last fight in Mexico.
    Getting old is the ultimate slap in the face, a real hard pill to swallow.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 10-23-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Thread Information