Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't know about anyone else... but I'M excited about Wilder-Stiverne!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Don't know about anyone else... but I'M excited about Wilder-Stiverne!

I'm sorry too, Lyle. Sorry that for the past 10 years we have had a combination of worthless bums parading up to face Wlad in the ring, and of Wlad retaining the memory of those KO losses only too vividly in his mind, to the point where some of his fights have been comical....... one guy scared shitless of the big Ukrainian champion, and the champion praying his chin isn't grazed even by accident.

Maybe Wilder-Stiverne will usher in the beginning of a new era, where up and coming young heavyweights can restore the excitement to the division, and bring in new fans.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Don't know about anyone else... but I'M excited about Wilder-Stiverne!

I think Stiverne is a bit overrated and is going to get tooled by Deontay.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    No disagreement on the first part. There are whispers though that Wilder lacks a chin, which can be confirmed by the Harold Sconiers fight and that knockout with headgear on in the amateurs. No one makes it out of the first round to find out though. Stiverne should prove savvy enough to get to the middle grounds and he packs a punch. If the fight goes past the first few rounds, it'll be interesting. With that said, Stiverne has been stopped before too.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 01-07-2015 at 02:59 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder’s promise to Bermane Stiverne | Boxing News - boxing news, results, rankings, schedules since 1909

Wilder confident, no doubt this will be a great fight. Tough to pick a winner IMO.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely an interesting fight . The HW division needs people like Wilder, Joshua to bring excitement, and even Fury is good because of his outrageousness (is that even a word?)
    I stop a bit short of saying the glory days are back, but it is a matter of fact that a top American would ignite the division. (if that's what Wilder is.)
    My personal opinion is that no doubt Wilder has KO power, but he is still raw and wild at the highest level. That won't stop it being an exciting ride though.
    Good luck to him.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'm sorry too, Lyle. Sorry that for the past 10 years we have had a combination of worthless bums parading up to face Wlad in the ring, and of Wlad retaining the memory of those KO losses only too vividly in his mind, to the point where some of his fights have been comical....... one guy scared shitless of the big Ukrainian champion, and the champion praying his chin isn't grazed even by accident.

Maybe Wilder-Stiverne will usher in the beginning of a new era, where up and coming young heavyweights can restore the excitement to the division, and bring in new fans.
    @TitoFan LOL come off it, the guy has taken many numerous hard punches throughout his career against guys far harder hitting than any other champ had to face. Only Lewis and Vitali can boast similar.

The Wladimir weak chin is basically a myth! All of WK's really good opponents and even a few strong but lesser ones have managed to sometimes land power punches on him and he hardly ever goes down.

12 times total in 66 fights, average opponent 237lbs.
    6 separate opponents
    8 separate occasions, in 66 fights at ultraHW.

It's a joke!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuckin A man, I want one of these guys to emerge as someone who we can get excited for against Wlad, because in reality myself and most people haven't been excited for a HW fight since Wlad/Haye 3 or 4 years back.

If Deontay wipes out Stiverne, which I believe he will, I'm gonna be real excited to see him in there against Wlad. Wlad's great but he has that questionable chin and if Deontay puts his fist on it we could see the end of an era.
    It WILL be exciting for a moment.

But it will be quick!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the HW's it is a fairly interesting matchup. I'm not excited by it, but it is a curious contest.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    No disagreement on the first part. There are whispers though that Wilder lacks a chin, which can be confirmed by the Harold Sconiers fight and that knockout with headgear on in the amateurs. No one makes it out of the first round to find out though. Stiverne should prove savvy enough to get to the middle grounds and he packs a punch. If the fight goes past the first few rounds, it'll be interesting. With that said, Stiverne has been stopped before too.

Could be, I guess we shall see. David Tua got starched in a few seconds by Savon with head gear on and he went on to have an amazing pro chin so I guess we'll have to see how Wilder takes a punch. I know Haye stung him a few times in sparring but Haye hit like a mack truck.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight's only a week away, and the excitement is building (I hope).
    Both Stiverne and Wilder are talking trash..... so that's always a good sign.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, I'm very interested to see this fight. I was just going on about it to a friend who has no interest in boxing. If Deontay can become a name here in the US it may do a lot for boxing in general. I'm not holding my breath.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm looking forward to it, going to get it on tv but does anyone know what tv channel it will be on in canada, it appears showtime is not availible here and my search on the listings has come up with nothing so far?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh I'm stoked for this in a circus kinda way. The two are exact opposites in mind and attack, something has to give. If Wilder was anymore fool of himself we'd call him the Hindenburg or Spruce Goose

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have just watched a career highlight reel of Wilder , he has fought some crap for sure.
    This fight will tell us if he can take it up to a new level , Stiverne will catch him on the chin at some point , then we will see if Wilder is a KO KING or a PAPER TIGER.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information