Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does PBF need to fight Manny? (Sorry about another PBF thread).

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Does PBF need to fight Manny? (Sorry about another PBF thread).

I apologize about the repeat subject but I shouldn't be judged because the same pricks post the same shit over and over.

In my opinion I believe that Floyds NEEDS to fight Manny, as if he doesn't I will literally forget he existed the moment he retires.

I wouldn't even say Manny needs to fight Floyd as I will always watch the Pac mans video re-runs. I just feel like Floyds legacy depends on fighting Pacqiauo, as there are so many questions about opponents and other stuff that just taint his career so much.

Not even for the win, I think it benefits Floyd more to fight Manny and lose than not fight him at all, obviously the rematch would be enticing also.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does PBF need to fight Manny? (Sorry about another PBF thread).

The fight not happening is bad for both of them. I win for Pac would be way bigger than a win for Floyd. So Floyd doesn't need the fight but it would be very good for his legacy. Pac definitely needs it more.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    The fight not happening is bad for both of them. I win for Pac would be way bigger than a win for Floyd. So Floyd doesn't need the fight but it would be very good for his legacy. Pac definitely needs it more.
    In what respect? Financially? Pacs legacy is set in gold already.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because if Pac wins, his legacy would definitely sky rocket. Floyd beating Pac would just be a good win. Not even his best win IMO. Floyd would hands down be Pac's best win. For me, Floyd has sealed his legacy as a top 20 fighter of all time. A win over Pac wouldn't really raise him for me. If Pac could beat Floyd, he would raise 5-10 spots.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a great ass!
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a fight that needed to happen back in 2009-2011. Both guys should have an asterisk by their names in the history book for not making the fight of the century happen.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perception.

That's what it all boils down to. No one here is a mind reader and can honestly claim to know whether so-and-so ducked Joe Blow or the other way around. Only So-and-So and Joe Blow know for sure. But public perception is a reality, like it or not, and I'd say there is a fair amount of public perception that Floyd has avoided Pac more than the other way around.

Does Floyd need to fight Manny? To paraphrase a famous line from Morgan Freeman in the movie "Lean on Me", Floyd doesn't need to do anything but stay black and die. He's had a remarkable career already, and can decide to call it quits, or find other opponents. Will that help the public perception about his avoiding Pac? Of course not. Especially when part of the public perception is that Floyd is protecting his precious "0" even more so that his career is winding down.

To me it doesn't matter when they fight. They gonna fight? Then fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More so for Floyd than Manny, who has already set his legacy in stone. Pacquiao has moved up from FLYWEIGHT to challenge fighters and win at Welterweight, he has fought everyone, sure he has been tagged a few times, but with his style of fighting i'm surprised it hasn't happened more often. Floyd needs this or he will forever be asked the question "What If"

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The REAL what if is whether Manny could have done what he's done without PEDs?

Now that he's submitting himself to testing and is fighting clean, it will mean a lot if he can beat Floyd.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Public perception is irrelevant, the public is stupid.

How many people know that it's Mannys network holding things up right now? It's Floyd, it's Floyd, it's Floyd..... No. Showtime wants the same deal they had for Lewis/Tyson. When HBO had Lewis and Lewis won giving HBO replay rights. Well, HBO doesn't think Pac can win so they don't want the same deal. They want both companies to have replay rights. But Bob won't tell the public that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just have this feeling that the fight won't fight happen because of Mayweather. When he said he wants it to happen on May 2, I had my doubts but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now that Pacquaio has blindly agreed to everything Mayweather wants and still the fight is not happening, Mayweather will go down in history as "the one who ducked all fights he believe would adversely affect his health". Mayweather said it himself and straight from his mouth. He wants to protect his health. That was his reason why he avoided Pacman in 2009-2010. Now, he is doing it again.

So, PBF needs this fight if he wants to be remembered as the one who fought it all and not lost his "0".

Pacquaio definitely does not need this fight. He fought everyone and has never said no to anyone even at the risk of his life and health by fighting in 8 divisions. No one can question the courage of Pac but I can't say the same thing to Mayweather. Pac may have lost some fights but that is because he's a real fighter. History will definitely rank him higher than Mayweather.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say at this time pac man needs it more than floyd, sure pacquaio has fought everyone but he also has the loses on his record and some people even have marquez down as winning the majority of the fights v pacquaio and being robbed.. This was a fight that needed to be made around the time pac man was ko'ing hatton and stopping cotto, pac mans battles with marquez after that really took the steam out of him and made him look bad.. I would say mayweather certainly has the better record and would be favourite to beat pac man now or 7 years ago.. Just look at how their careers have gone, mayweather is still making huge money to fight someone like maidana(who already lost to khan) and pacquaio has gone from the cowboys stadium to having to fight in macao to make money... it's a shame, I really like pacquaio but I think floyd will defeat him fairly easily and this fight means a lot more to pac man than floyd

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know why anyone would think Mayweather was the big reason for the fight not happening. In the end, it didn't happen because Pac wouldn't agree to the 14 day cut off date, and since that time Bob Arum himself admitted they were wrong for not agreeing to it, and didn't agree to it because him and Pac were "ignorant to the drug-testing stuff".

I understand people don't like Mayweather and are going to tow the same old anti-Floyd rhetoric until they die, but the facts are the facts: there was ONE demand that kept the fight from happening, and one party came out and admitted they were wrong for not agreeing to the demand, and refused due to their own ignorance. Who do you blame there?
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm more stuck on Jenna Haze still being around Is that recent?

Need in a financial, ego, glory kinda way? No. Neither does. But they BOTH will and have canceled themselves out regardless by blowing one of the most needed "superfights" in a generation. Fans want it when its hot, not when they are in better late than never mode and stringing along.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Floyd retires 50-0 having never fought Pacquiao (who will be revealed as a doping cheat) his reputation and legacy will be sealed as an ATG and one of TBE.

Thread Information