Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haney vs Garcia

I couldn’t see a thread started on this, if there is, Mods, by all means join them up.
    So the first press conference was yesterday.
    I need to understand one thing. On one side , you have Haney, probably a top 5 fighter on the planet at the moment and widely being called “The face of Boxing”
    On the other side of the table , you had Oscar and Bernard, who despite what anyone thinks of them , have undeniably earns their right to be called Greats and have achieved loads , both in the ring and on the promotional side.
    Then you had Dereck James, one of the best trainers in the World , a very knowledgeable man who kept a very dignified silence throughout.
    And then you had “King Ry!” Sat on a GOLD THRONE! Yes the same guy who quit against Tank.
    WTAF!! Boxing is seriously fucked. Garcia is lucky to get the fight and stands a good chance of getting completely outclassed.
    I am officially a moaning old cunt and I won’t be changing. Boxing is fucked!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

Former WBC super lightweight title contender Ryan Garcia (24-1) is one of boxing’s more recognizable names.

The 25-year-old California native is the No. 4-ranked lightweight by The Ring and the No. 6-ranked junior lightweight by ESPN, but he’s recently hinted he wants to swap his boxing gloves for MMA ones after calling out the UFC bantamweight champion Sean O’Malley.

“I know I would knock him out in boxing, that’s not even fair,” Garcia recently said on “The MMA Hour.” “What’s fair is to test myself in MMA because I know if I put my mind to it and I train everyday with Nate [Diaz] helping me, even (UFC light heavyweight champion) Alex Pereira, and I’m really locked in — he will not beat me. I will come with everything I have and I will destroy Sean O’Malley.”

Garcia maintains that his desire to fight O’Malley came about after the 29-year-old UFC champion started chirping at him on social media.

He stated O’Malley likes to steal things from other fighters and claim them as his own, like Garcia’s “Superstar” walkout music and the tattoo that he has that closely resembles Conor McGregor’s.

“I’ll beat his a—in MMA, guaranteed,” Garcia added. “I’m a natural. I just beat my security [guard] who’s a wrestler. I’m strong and I’ve got crazy conditioning. I’ve already sent text messages to [UFC president Dana White], I’ve got people connected to Dana to ask him let’s do this. I’ll come to the UFC, pay me a bag and I’m there.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/mma-...54c4d44&ei=191
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't need to say too much here. Everybody and their brother knows how I feel, and have always spoken about Princess Ry. Just a pretty face with legions of swooning female fans in a colossal army of social media groupies. He's part of the new breed of "Instagram boxers."

Made his fame off one good fight... proceeded to call for an exhibition with ATG Manny Pacquiao... got (thankfully) exposed by Tank... and has done nothing but run at the mouth ever since. Oh... and the Princess did his obligatory mental health "timeout" that today's crystal generation is so fond of clutching.

Style over substance... buoyed by casual fans and groupies everywhere. They've managed to change the sport.

Haney will predictably school him... and he'll spend some time licking his wounds before resurfacing. Heaven forbid he should look in the direction of someone who could KTFO him.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I don't need to say too much here. Everybody and their brother knows how I feel, and have always spoken about Princess Ry. Just a pretty face with legions of swooning female fans in a colossal army of social media groupies. He's part of the new breed of "Instagram boxers."

Made his fame off one good fight... proceeded to call for an exhibition with ATG Manny Pacquiao... got (thankfully) exposed by Tank... and has done nothing but run at the mouth ever since. Oh... and the Princess did his obligatory mental health "timeout" that today's crystal generation is so fond of clutching.

Style over substance... buoyed by casual fans and groupies everywhere. They've managed to change the sport.

Haney will predictably school him... and he'll spend some time licking his wounds before resurfacing. Heaven forbid he should look in the direction of someone who could KTFO him.
    so shouldn't you be giving devin heat for taking such an easy fight?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

arnold barboza is set for the undercard, that's a good idea as he'd be a good replacement if ryan withdraws
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post

Yeah , a little bit I suppose. I don’t know what options he had. But to be fair to Haney, he has points in the bank for taking good fights.
    Most of my gripes don’t specifically get aimed at the fighters, more the promoters.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So shouldn't you be giving devin heat for taking such an easy fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Boxing is seriously fucked. Garcia is lucky to get the fight and stands a good chance of getting completely outclassed.
    Be careful of a man with a lot to prove

And Ryan's got a helluva lot to prove.

Garcia is fighting for his existence. His existence for the rest of his life, for who he is, for what he is. That's POWERFUL.

He's fighting for redemption and unless someone gets Haney the Margarito wraps he ain't knocking out anyone.

So Ryan, even if he's being outboxed even if he's getting out pointed, he will always be there and Garcia will be more afraid of how he'll feel the day after the fight and the many days after the fight, whether he really was just pretty boy insta fighter.

He'll be more afraid of that than anything he has to feel and face on the night of the fight, coz that's only gonna be thirty six mins, anything after that ? ETERNITY

Coz of all that I'm picking Garcia in a big upset.

Last edited by Denilson3.0; 02-29-2024 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Garcia is in a good place right now to be preparing for this type of fight
    I have my doubts that he'll make it to the ring
    I won't be surprised if Garcia pulls out
    If the fight does happen I think Haney stops him

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh I might look forward to a Garcia fight but only if I didn't have to watch him help "promote" it . He genuinely acts like a kid who just got his first phone. He clearly has to know that this schtick has a shelf life and while some fans argue "he's the money maker"...money makers don't collect losses and show they have no idea about a basic defense in the ring. It's the conflation of social media clout and actual accomplishments, they are not siblings. I think he's learning this in real time and can't do anything about it. But logging off for a week or four might help him.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

say what you want about king ry but he is promoting the hell out of this fight. it will sell like it or not. ryan's dad has replaced danny garcia's dad as the foul mouthed father in boxing. king ry is the businessman & devin is the professional boxer. they both win on fight night but only one moves forward with a future career in the sport after

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah , a little bit I suppose. I don’t know what options he had. But to be fair to Haney, he has points in the bank for taking good fights.
    Most of my gripes don’t specifically get aimed at the fighters, more the promoters.

I'm 180 from that. It's not like fighters are innocent bystanders... puppets being strung along by the strings of the evil promoters. High-profile, big-mouth fighters like Princess Ry has PLENTY to say about who he fights or doesn't fight.

As far as Haney... why should I be giving him heat? He's got by far the better resume.

Wasn't he the one who went up in weight to take on the highly regarded Prograis? Didn't he face Lomachenko before that?

No comparison.

I get it. Many on here are willing to cut the Princess some slack.

Young kid... Instagrammable face and all...

Not me. He's the epitome of what's wrong with boxing these days.

Catch lightning in a bottle... maximize it with social media and gullible fans... start calling yourself TBE and comparing yourself with every Tom, Dick and Harry in the history of the sport... and make yourself "the money guy in boxing."

This shet reeks.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as Haney... why should I be giving him heat?
    because you'll give canelo heat for fighting rocking fielding, a fight that was sandwiched between ggg & danny jacobs or avni yildirim a mandatory sandwiched between callum smith & billy joe saunders, two unbeaten champions in five months but won't say boo about devin fight a guy who according to you is just a pretty face with legions of swooning female fans in a colossal army of social media groupies

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as Haney... why should I be giving him heat?
    because you'll give canelo heat for fighting rocking fielding, a fight that was sandwiched between ggg & danny jacobs or avni yildirim a mandatory sandwiched between callum smith & billy joe saunders, two unbeaten champions in five months but won't say boo about devin fight a guy who according to you is just a pretty face with legions of swooning female fans in a colossal army of social media groupies

I did say that, didn't I.

I tend to get poetic every now and then.

But wait a minute...

What "Fieldings" or "Yildirims" did Haney sandwich between two dangerous opponents? As far as I can tell, for the most part, Haney's opponents throughout have been pretty rock solid. Very few gimmies.

Not only that. You fail to mention one of my biggest beefs against Ginger.

His penchant for reaching for the easy trinket, only to go scurrying back down before some of the dangerous fighters in the division take notice.

When has Haney (or any other high-profile fighter for that matter) ever done THAT?

No, my friend. Ginger is in a class by himself.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i'm saying that you like to point out when canelo takes an easy fight, even though it may be between tough fights but don't do the same when devin takes an easy one

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

say what you want about king ry but he is promoting the hell out of this fight. it will sell like it or not. ryan's dad has replaced danny garcia's dad as the foul mouthed father in boxing. king ry is the businessman & devin is the professional boxer. they both win on fight night but only one moves forward with a future career in the sport after
    P.T Barnum said it best and it pertains to boxing...There's no such thing as bad publicity. And he also said You can fool most of the people most of the time. I dunno, this one in particular came off very infantile and I really wonder if ol Ryan is dabbling in nose candy or other major issues. His behavior is part salesman and part erratic desperation. I've seen many promotions and theater accompanying them but I did not come away from the two whining and winging back and forth for 24-48 hrs and that specific presser saying "Man, I cannot wait to see this fight". The opposite actually.

Thread Information