Not surprised he has decided to retire.

Great six minutes of action.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Quite drunk so came home and decided to watch Manny vs Hatton again

I would have put on Ward vs Gatti. I couldn't believe some of the shots they took and still fought on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton looked like a zombie in that fight. His face just looked fucking weired, don't you think? Looks like he just got out of bed to tackle a burgler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just find the fact they actually shared a ring strange - looking back, it was a total mismatch. Hatton never stood a fucking chance.

The fight has fond memories for me as two of my mates bet me £50 that Hatton would win. They don't really watch boxing just got caught up in the Sky Sports Box Office hype and bet me that Ricky would 'do the business'.

I warned them several times not to bet me as he didn't have a chance in hell but you can only warn people once or twice before you want to shut them up and take their money.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's easy enough to argue in hindsight that a certain bout was a mismatch. I'm not so sure, Hatton performed poorly to say the least, but nobody was really expecting Hatton to get blown away quite so easily. It's a fight that I struggle to watch. It was like Hatton had a death wish and went out there and did everything he should not have done. His punch resistance was obselete. You could tickle him and he would be wobbling, quite strange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The RIGHT HOOK murdered Hatton.

The 2004 Technical version of Pacquiao Againts this Hatton would be a great great SLUG FEST.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    It's easy enough to argue in hindsight that a certain bout was a mismatch. I'm not so sure, Hatton performed poorly to say the least, but nobody was really expecting Hatton to get blown away quite so easily. It's a fight that I struggle to watch. It was like Hatton had a death wish and went out there and did everything he should not have done. His punch resistance was obselete. You could tickle him and he would be wobbling, quite strange.
    There where some people on this board, including myself, who felt Hatton had no chance. He was already damaged goods at that point anyways...add to that the constant ballooning of weight in between fights (you could tell he tried to kill himself to make weight for that fight) and his come forward style...and the outcome was not shocking at all IMO.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post
    Hatton looked like a zombie in that fight. His face just looked fucking weired, don't you think? Looks like he just got out of bed to tackle a burgler.

Correction...... Burger.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kel View Post

Correction...... Burger.
    hahaha. thats funny.. and the way he pumps his hand before throwing looks like he toasting a cold one with your burger.
    "speed is the essence of war"
    sun tzu-art of war

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin View Post
    There where some people on this board, including myself, who felt Hatton had no chance. He was already damaged goods at that point anyways...add to that the constant ballooning of weight in between fights (you could tell he tried to kill himself to make weight for that fight) and his come forward style...and the outcome was not shocking at all IMO.
    But to do it in 2 rounds and with Hatton landing only one effective punch was quite something. I certainly never envisaged that it would be quite that one sided. The warning signs were there with Hatton, but being a fan I chose to discard them in the hope that he could do something special.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You see i disagree with this thread. Just like i disagree with alot of people who talk about hatton vs floyd.

Hatton wasn't right for the pac fight. That's obvious to anyone. On paper IMO this wasn't a mismatch. In fact I thought it was a mismatch in the opposite direction. I expected hatton to walk over pac. I was a bit blind to how much the ko loss to floyd had damaged him.

The first round was one sided. The second though up until the KO I would have given to hatton.

Hagler vs Hearns was 3 rounds yet I've never heard someone say that Hagler destroyed Hearns easily.

Bottom line though for me is if cotto fans can discard his loss to margarito citing margarito's cheating with hand wraps....

Do we really know what was in pac's system that night? No we don't at all.

Pac won the fight. I think Ricky should stay retired. TBH he probably should have retired after paulie and gone out on a win. His fighting style changed after the tszyu fight. And the mayweather KO took alot out of him. Then you've got the pac training camp that by all reports was a nightmere.

Manny, yet again, like with cotto and DLH, got the fight at the right time, and it flattered him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But to do it in 2 rounds and with Hatton landing only one effective punch was quite something. I certainly never envisaged that it would be quite that one sided. The warning signs were there with Hatton, but being a fan I chose to discard them in the hope that he could do something special.
    THat was a surprise yes.

But mate please answer me honestly...from the bottom of your heart

1. Did you think that Manny Pacquiao being 3 to 1 underdog would dismantle Barrera the way he did?

2. Did you think that he would Knock out Morales in the 2nd fight?

3. Did you think he would dominate Dela haya en route to a TKO win?

4. Did you think that Cotto would be dominated and be stopped?

I was surprised on all 4 occasions and was not expecting those results. though i believe Manny will win.

now Dont you think the outcome of the Pac-Hatton fight was due to more of the performance of Pacquiao rather than Hatton? Manny Pacquiao is capable of surprising us. i think the Hatton fight was just one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man did you guys see Hatton at the Mayweather/Mosley weigh in? Jesus, I dont think he will ever be able to fight at welter if he ever decides to come back and compete.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miron_lang View Post

THat was a surprise yes.

But mate please answer me honestly...from the bottom of your heart

1. Did you think that Manny Pacquiao being 3 to 1 underdog would dismantle Barrera the way he did?

2. Did you think that he would Knock out Morales in the 2nd fight?

3. Did you think he would dominate Dela haya en route to a TKO win?

4. Did you think that Cotto would be dominated and be stopped?

I was surprised on all 4 occasions and was not expecting those results. though i believe Manny will win.

now Dont you think the outcome of the Pac-Hatton fight was due to more of the performance of Pacquiao rather than Hatton? Manny Pacquiao is capable of surprising us. i think the Hatton fight was just one of them.
    1. No, I didn't expect that. TBH I wasn't all that aware of Pac at the time.

2. I think I might have actually predicted that one! Hurray!

3. No, I thought Oscar would have been too big

4. No, I thought Cotto might have got to him too. But I was well aware that Cotto could get busted up and possibly stopped.

I agree with you that Manny is capable of surprising us. Blowing Hatton away in 2 was perhaps the biggest surprise for me, but I do think it was a combination of Manny being quality and also of Hatton slipping somewhat. Once you've been knocked out, you are never going to be the same again. Unlike someone like Barrera who could adapt after a loss, Hatton still tried to defend with his face and with a declining chin (which was never the strongest as Lazcano showed) it was a risk and Manny showed it for what it has become. Hatton talked of doing new things, but it was never apparent. He fought with his hands down and chin up and Manny duly taught him a lesson for the recklessness. It was a poor showing from Hatton and I find no way of getting around that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Told everyone who would listen to get there money on hatton on the night as he would be far too big for pacquiao at the weight. Think i eventually convinced my mates combined to part with around 500quid in total and ive been black listed with my bets ever since
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Thread Information