Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has the tools to win the fight!

I dont see Floyd flying out the blocks and more important I dont see Floyd knocking him down early as he's so cautious early on.

I see Amir ahead after 4-5 rounds and managing to land decent shots with his speed.

This is gonna put Floyd in a position he's rarely been in and its gonna make it very interesting and explosive.

I wouldn't be surprised if this brings out the fighter in Floyd at last and we see the very best of Mayweather and lets not fuck about here ... when Floyd goes on the attack he's fucking devastating.

Maybe Floyd will get rocked early then go for Amir and spank him ..

For me the longer Amir is in this fight he's still gonna score points and win rounds.

Huge and exciting fight for me
    Speed has always cause Floyd problems and Khan is hands down gonna be the quickest guy he's faced to date and he aint getting any younger.

Maybe Maidana (another tailor made slow plodder) was meant to win this poll and its backfired bigtime
    Last edited by smashup; 02-10-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan wins the poll

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Excellent

I have a feeling this will be one of Floyds harder fights.
    As John McEnroe once said "you cannot be serious?"
    As Vendettos once said, shut up you knowledgeless vagina haver.
    Woooooooo!!!!!! Someone's tired! you think Khan can give Mayweather a fight and I'm the "knowledgeless C**t? Makes me laugh , all these Brainwashed saps who latch onto some pathetic theory without thinking about it. all this "Fast Hands" bollocks, you forget the main fact here, and that is that Amir Khan has never proved he's anywhere near Mayweather's Level. Still if you want to latch on and blow your money watching that crap , good luck to ya. Next you'll be telling me Elvis is alive and working on the bins in Bradford!!!! Keep reading the Sun, my pedigree chum!!!
    who do you think mayweather should be fighting?
    I know that some of these guys are with different promoters , some have fights already lined up, etc. but all these guys are more deserving of a shot and although you may say Mayweather beats them all easy, I think he also beats Khan easy. I've also left out guys like Marquez and Cotto that have already had their chance , and Middleweights because I think that borders on ridiculous (although I do believe he would beat Martinez)
    Bradley,Pacquiao,Provodnikov,Garcia,Matthyse,Peter son, Porter,Thurman,Broner,Lara. I also think that every one of those would beat Khan, and if I wanted to be a prick about it, I could probably even think of a few more.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Excellent

I have a feeling this will be one of Floyds harder fights.
    As John McEnroe once said "you cannot be serious?"
    As Vendettos once said, shut up you knowledgeless vagina haver.
    Woooooooo!!!!!! Someone's tired! you think Khan can give Mayweather a fight and I'm the "knowledgeless C**t? Makes me laugh , all these Brainwashed saps who latch onto some pathetic theory without thinking about it. all this "Fast Hands" bollocks, you forget the main fact here, and that is that Amir Khan has never proved he's anywhere near Mayweather's Level. Still if you want to latch on and blow your money watching that crap , good luck to ya. Next you'll be telling me Elvis is alive and working on the bins in Bradford!!!! Keep reading the Sun, my pedigree chum!!!
    I know that some of these guys are with different promoters , some have fights already lined up, etc. but all these guys are more deserving of a shot and although you may say Mayweather beats them all easy, I think he also beats Khan easy. I've also left out guys like Marquez and Cotto that have already had their chance , and Middleweights because I think that borders on ridiculous (although I do believe he would beat Martinez)
    Bradley,Pacquiao,Provodnikov,Garcia,Matthyse,Peter son, Porter,Thurman,Broner,Lara. I also think that every one of those would beat Khan, and if I wanted to be a prick about it, I could probably even think of a few more.
    i agree with leaving out the middleweights, talk of him fighting GGG is daft

im not sure peterson, porter, thurman or broner deserve a shot any more than khan does

and im not sure matthyse, peterson, porter, broner beat khan, in fact peterson porter and broner i would put my money on khan, i think khan already beat peterson

ill be honest i havent seen that much of lara to comment

im not even 100% sure bradley, pac or prov would beat khan, khan would certainly put up a fight although would be a firm underdog

yeah bradley, pac, prov, garcia you could argue are more deserving of the fight

I seem to remember garcia's camp claiming he isnt ready tho and i dont think that prov is well known enough to offer anything like the financial gain

plus look at it from mayweathers point of view, few would have argued against the toughness of his last fight, isnt he allowed something a little "easier" this time?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a surprise. Khan wins the poll on Floyd's site. ESPN have been running the same poll, with double the amount of votes submitted, Maidana has wiped the floor with Khan.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    What a surprise. Khan wins the poll on Floyd's site. ESPN have been running the same poll, with double the amount of votes submitted, Maidana has wiped the floor with Khan.
    doesnt really mean anything tho

if the espn vote had have been the main vote khan probly would have still won
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Khan has the tools to win the fight!

I dont see Floyd flying out the blocks and more important I dont see Floyd knocking him down early as he's so cautious early on.

I see Amir ahead after 4-5 rounds and managing to land decent shots with his speed.

This is gonna put Floyd in a position he's rarely been in and its gonna make it very interesting and explosive.

I wouldn't be surprised if this brings out the fighter in Floyd at last and we see the very best of Mayweather and lets not fuck about here ... when Floyd goes on the attack he's fucking devastating.

Maybe Floyd will get rocked early then go for Amir and spank him ..

For me the longer Amir is in this fight he's still gonna score points and win rounds.

Huge and exciting fight for me
    Speed has always cause Floyd problems and Khan is hands down gonna be the quickest guy he's faced to date and he aint getting any younger.

Maybe Maidana (another tailor made slow plodder) was meant to win this poll and its backfired bigtime
    If it only was that simple. Unfortunately Amir lacks one of the biggest attributes needed for such a fight...a brain. I don't care how fast someone is...it is all about how you utilize your skills and implement a game plan. Khan has under performed (understatement) against far lesser opposition. He is not going to step up against the best fighter in the world, on the biggest stage...and put on a show. It ain't gonna happen. But for the sake of hype...i'm sure the "Floyd has problems with speed", etc....will be shoved down our throats in the coming months. Khan is getting spanked...but on the bright side he will make some nice money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he wins the poll so now floyd can say i fought the one the fans picked, yes one of the two names.

Whay wasnt the name of Laura, Thurman or Garcia on the poll.

Floyd usual avoiding fighters, and of course he was always going to fight the bigger draw in AK

Mark Leroy Saltcoats SK

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot believe the amount of people that are saying Khan will win. He will cause some problems for a short while but when Floyd finds the target how long do you think Amir will last?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan has won either way.

Massive massive payday.

Khan gets a load more paydays after this and a garcia rematch would be worth watching.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I cannot believe the amount of people that are saying Khan will win. He will cause some problems for a short while but when Floyd finds the target how long do you think Amir will last?
    He's not gonna win. But he'll win a few rounds which is more then most would. Lara is the only person I give a shot of beating Floyd. I give khan a better chance then the rest bar Pac

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The answer is Erislandy Lara. He beat Trout. He beat Angulo. He drew with Molina. He by far has the best resume of any potential challenger. My only thing about Lara is that he appears to revere Mayweather so much that I question whether he would psychologically go into a fight with Mayweather with the confidence that he can win.

Frankly, there aren't many great challenges for Mayweather at 140-154. If you are talking strictly about challenges and not from a business point of view, without saying something insane like Pacquiao or Ward, there really is only Lara or Martinez. Mayweather is not going to pull a Duran and go above 154. Unlike Cotto, who is fighting him at 159, he won't fight Martinez either, which leaves Lara.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 02-11-2014 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting...... 60% voted that Khan should be the one to be fed to Mayweather.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this fight were taking place right after Khan had dominated Malinaggi and Judah then it would be more interesting.

Khan was an offensive machine then. Now he doubts himself and is stuck between styles.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry but I just cant share the view that this is a joke of a match up. Quite the contrary imo. Maidana would have been a joke match-up wise whether he's more deserving or not. The only chance Maidana would have is landing a bomb. Khan who probably hits just as hard has a better chance on landing a bomb technically speaking.

As @Rantcatrat points out the actual challenges for Floyd are getting a little thin. There are not really any at 147 and I dont really see any at 154 either. I have to disagree with him on his feelings about Lara. I mean I suppose its possible but the fight would make Trout/Lara look exciting. Still, the fact that he's a southpaw does add some intrigue and the fact that he's a defense first fighter.

I also agree with @zhubin that Khan has not shown much of a brain pan but the thing is that has been against the brawler/puncher/swarmer type. Whens the last time Khan fought a pure boxer?
    In fairness thats kind of what he is. It would honestly not surprise me to see Khan look better then he has ever looked against Floyd and that sounds crazy but if you really think about it he does present different issues for Floyd.

Speed will be an interesting factor here. Not sure how anyone can dispute that. The problems however slight Floyd had against Corley and Judah had just as much to do with hand speed as it did with being southpaws.Another thing to honestly consider is the jab. You ask any trainer or any x fighter what it takes to beat Floyd and the first thing out of their mouth is a good or great jab. Khans got a pretty good one. And lastly, most of Khans problems from what I've seen have been when he is forced into a slug fest and mugging contest. He wont be in one of those if he lands this fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan's leaky defense combined with Mayweather's precision equals Khan eating canvas. I think this is a waste of a fight, but the good news is that Khan gets KTFO yet again. Cool.

Thread Information