Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the hate for Gennady Golovkin?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why the hate for Gennady Golovkin?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Couldn't make it through the article once I saw the writer didn't know the truth. He says GGGs only mission has been to unify 160. Not true at all. He has been looking to go up since Steiglitz in2011-Chavez-Froch if the opponent is right or go down for Floyd.

That is why GGG has "detractors", some just want the truth to be told. And so many refuse to face the truth with him. I never see people say he is a jerk even though he admits he and his brothers would go around looking for people to beat up. I never see people say he can't fight. The only real insult I ever see is that his CV is flimsy and it is.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why the hate for Gennady Golovkin?

GGG boxing career is quality and the best middleweight by far which is no small feat. Yes he could go up or down in weight but he has stayed at the weight and unified a lot of the belts which is what we want to see.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want to see Canelo v GGG.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't hate GGG I actually quite like him but I also do believe he's not beat anyone that good yet so maybe that's why a lot maybe dislike him there's an awful lot of hype around him, I really hope canelo fights GGG @160 that would be a great victory for GGG if he can win

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    I don't hate GGG I actually quite like him but I also do believe he's not beat anyone that good yet so maybe that's why a lot maybe dislike him there's an awful lot of hype around him, I really hope canelo fights GGG @160 that would be a great victory for GGG if he can win
    That is a reasonable post from you. I think you recognise that dominating and stopping the fighters he has faced demonstrates that he is something special. A lot of people want him to face literally bigger challenges because he is that good which I can understand but do not think is right for him to do yet.

GGG would love to destroy Canelo because he would be perfect for him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same reason people the other way around hated Floyd and still hate him...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo say's he's the Champ and the fight would have to be at 155lbs,! what a joke GGG is the
    middle weight Champ the limit is 160lbs, they don't fancy a beating so the contender makes
    stipulations, Canelo you fight the middle weight champ fight at the weight, not a weight you fancy
    only one winner GGG, Canelo will not last the distance.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have found that Floyd fans appear most often to dislike GGG. I don't know if it is racism or not. It might be just that he isn't American.

@Ron Swanson I doubt it is because he has a thin resume. There is no reason why one can't appreciate a fighter with a thin resume, especially when he is a knockout artist. It is not like he has avoided anyone at his natural weight class. He has unified the titles and people at or around his weight class have avoided him. Compare the hate GGG gets with Thurman. Thurman's resume isn't deep at all. Yet, he isn't close to as polarizing as GGG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't get the GGG critics.... The guy has scored like 22 KO's in a row, looks to take guys out first and the other champs at his weight have been ducking him... After this fight vs. the very capable Kell Brook team GGG has plans and hand shake agreements for fight(s) at 168 vs. guys like WBC Silver super middleweight champ Callum Smith 20-0 (15 KO) & IBF Super Middleweight champ James DeGale 23-1 (14 KO)..... I think if GGG has no hiccups vs. Brook then takes on and soundly beats one of the two 168 guys mentioned above then that should finally quiet his critics.... Forever....

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's like a well oiled punching machine.

Fought decent opponents but would get DECAPITATED by Froch, Ward, Hopkins, Hagler, and oirslicked by Calzaghe.

Plus His face is ridiculous and BOY DOES HIS ENGLISH REALLY SUCK!!!!

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chef97 View Post
    I don't get the GGG critics.... The guy has scored like 22 KO's in a row, looks to take guys out first and the other champs at his weight have been ducking him... After this fight vs. the very capable Kell Brook team GGG has plans and hand shake agreements for fight(s) at 168 vs. guys like WBC Silver super middleweight champ Callum Smith 20-0 (15 KO) & IBF Super Middleweight champ James DeGale 23-1 (14 KO)..... I think if GGG has no hiccups vs. Brook then takes on and soundly beats one of the two 168 guys mentioned above then that should finally quiet his critics.... Forever....
    People disliked Hagler why because he was so dame good,! he was a cut above everyone else.
    GGG is the same a fighter levels above anyone in the division.
    He is one of the best Middleweights I have seen in years.
    I fear for Brook I can see him smashed in a few rounds I can see why Brook took the fight money.
    GGG is a super fighter hat's off to anybody facing him I'm the ring.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    I have found that Floyd fans appear most often to dislike GGG. I don't know if it is racism or not. It might be just that he isn't American.

@Ron Swanson I doubt it is because he has a thin resume. There is no reason why one can't appreciate a fighter with a thin resume, especially when he is a knockout artist. It is not like he has avoided anyone at his natural weight class. He has unified the titles and people at or around his weight class have avoided him. Compare the hate GGG gets with Thurman. Thurman's resume isn't deep at all. Yet, he isn't close to as polarizing as GGG.
    Thurman isnt considered a pound 4 pound king so isnt under the same scrutiny as GGG. Put Thurman in the P4P list at 2 or 3 on his record and the hate would come.

El Kabong Guest

Why the hate?

I don't think people actually hate the guy, how can they? His style is very watchable, he's a hard worker, he's got KO power, he carries himself very professionally...I think boxing fans and pundits are ultimately just frustrated with ANY big time star in boxing who isn't fighting tooth and nail willing to give up anything and everything to make the big fights happen.....at the end of the day belts only hold up pants they don't feed families and these boxers have to make deals which they feel are best for them.

I'll say that paired with the attitude (tears down fighters before a fight then bigs them up afterwards...what the fuck is that about you just said "the guy is a bum" you can't do an about face on that remark after a fight unless you lose or the fight is close) of Floyd Mayweather Jr is why I dislike Floyd....fucking amazing boxer I just wanted to see him tested or see him make the big fights and not cherry pick, what he did was cherry pick it was best for him and that's fine, but as a fan I'd rather a few losses be on the record rather than see him skate through a career unscathed and I reckon that is exactly why GGG has his detractors.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    He's like a well oiled punching machine.

Fought decent opponents but would get DECAPITATED by Froch, Ward, Hopkins, Hagler, and oirslicked by Calzaghe.

Plus His face is ridiculous and BOY DOES HIS ENGLISH REALLY SUCK!!!!
    Don't be silly

Thread Information