Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default mallinagi v broner

7/1 seems a very good price to me on mallinagi to win

broners jumping 2 divisions and is really fighting even heavier than the norm for him

am i being daft in being tempted by this?

worth a cheeky tenner?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: mallinagi v broner

You'll get a bigger price than that on the method of victory (Paulie by PTS). He's not going to win by KO.

I don't think he has a chance though.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    You'll get a bigger price than that on the method of victory (Paulie by PTS). He's not going to win by KO.

I don't think he has a chance though.
    yep if i go for it that was the plan, odds arent out yet tho that i can find

and im finding it hard to convince myself its a good bet, but im thinking it might be

then again if it goes to points malinagi isnt going to get any favours either, so maybe the only chance he has is a close decision and he wont get it of its a close decision

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Paulie will win, I said it and I stick by it.

Who has Broner fought? Really?
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post
    Paulie will win, I said it and I stick by it.

Who has Broner fought? Really?

you know what matey, i think a lot of people are seeing at as an easy win for broner which it isnt at all

but i dont think paulie will win as much as i hope he does, the lack of power is too big an issue

broner is a penis and id love to see his face smashed, but it isnt going to happen on this occasion

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The issue for me is seeing how easy Paulie was to hit against Hatton, Broner hits hard in close, is very accurate and has alot more speed than Ricky. I just can't see Paulie boxing and moving away for 12 while winning rounds. He'll have to take some shot along the way, and his ego will force him to stay in the pocket. If he does this he will take a pasting IMO.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    The issue for me is seeing how easy Paulie was to hit against Hatton, Broner hits hard in close, is very accurate and has alot more speed than Ricky. I just can't see Paulie boxing and moving away for 12 while winning rounds. He'll have to take some shot along the way, and his ego will force him to stay in the pocket. If he does this he will take a pasting IMO.
    Or how easy he was to hit against Khan. I am one of the few that likes Paulie, but at the elite level, as @erics44 said, he just doesn't have the power.

Broner beats him easily. It's a perfect first fight for Broner at 147 because Paulie can't punch. Paulie took the fight because he's rumored to be getting a 7 figure pay day. He was waiting for that level of pay day to cash out. This is it. In my opinion, he'll face Broner, lose, and move on to full-time announcing.

The only thing that gives me any pause at all on that prediction is that for the first two and half rounds Rees, who isn't close to the boxer Paulie is, touched Broner up. At the very least, Paulie can do that. I just don't think that's enough to win a fight.

I still would have liked to see Broner face Miguez Vasquez at lightweight, and there are a ton of fights to be made for him at 140, harder, tougher fights than Paulie will be.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Or how easy he was to hit against Khan. I am one of the few that likes Paulie, but at the elite level, as @erics44 said, he just doesn't have the power.

Broner beats him easily. It's a perfect first fight for Broner at 147 because Paulie can't punch. Paulie took the fight because he's rumored to be getting a 7 figure pay day. He was waiting for that level of pay day to cash out. This is it. In my opinion, he'll face Broner, lose, and move on to full-time announcing.

The only thing that gives me any pause at all on that prediction is that for the first two and half rounds Rees, who isn't close to the boxer Paulie is, touched Broner up. At the very least, Paulie can do that. I just don't think that's enough to win a fight.

I still would have liked to see Broner face Miguez Vasquez at lightweight, and there are a ton of fights to be made for him at 140, harder, tougher fights than Paulie will be.
    I don't think you can make to much of Rees getting some punches in, since Broner really didn't respect his power and feel him out. Needless to say that's going to be the case here as well, and Paulie really isn't as good a boxer as a lot of people give him credit for imo. He won't outbox Broner even if he manages to avoid serious punishment.

The only indication this may be a competitive fight is indeed Broners opposition, but all Paulie has ever proven at world level is that he's durable. Malignaggi somehow has put his stock way back up since beating that completely unknown Ukranian fellow, but 2 of his last 3 fights were ass whippings at the hands of Khan and a total nobody.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

broners jumping 2 divisions and is really fighting even heavier than the norm for him

worth a cheeky tenner?

Broner has been bigger then Paulie his entire career no matter what weight class he fought in my friend. He's a freak. He started out at 135 and fought at as much as 140. 147 will not be a problem for him and he probably should be fighting there anyway. Paulie will definitely look the smaller man come fight night. Paulie's speed and shiftiness may make it appear early that we are in for a fight but he is going to get walked down.

I agree with @Fenster in that the only bet to make here is a points win and even that's a tad delusional no offense. If Paulie had some pop I could see a chance.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This will be a stroll in the park for Broner. It will be as one sided as the Khan or Hatton fights.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

worth a cheeky tenner?

Broner has been bigger then Paulie his entire career no matter what weight class he fought in my friend. He's a freak. He started out at 135 and fought at as much as 140. 147 will not be a problem for him and he probably should be fighting there anyway. Paulie will definitely look the smaller man come fight night. Paulie's speed and shiftiness may make it appear early that we are in for a fight but he is going to get walked down.

I agree with @Fenster in that the only bet to make here is a points win and even that's a tad delusional no offense. If Paulie had some pop I could see a chance.
    delusional is a little harsh dont you think? but yes i have convinced myself there is no chance of paulie winning with his only change being a very tight decision and if it is a very tight decision he wont get it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Broner walks Paulie down and pastes him, I'll be highly impressed. Regardless of how big Broner is, what he walks around at and what his fight night weights are, to jump up two weight divisions, walk someone down and paste them will be impressive IMO.

I'd take Broner on a wide UD Eric...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's a reason for broner that its this fight at this time with a guy who's past his prime, still holds a belt but got dropped by some lunch pail type fighter in his last fight. Broner overshot the weight before and didnt even try (once) to come in under. He made it in the last fight but was probably ready to move up for a while. This is probably a fast track for him to get money defenses. maidana and thurman are in the top five in line for a shot though if he beats paulie.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    There's a reason for broner that its this fight at this time with a guy who's past his prime, still holds a belt but got dropped by some lunch pail type fighter in his last fight. Broner overshot the weight before and didnt even try (once) to come in under. He made it in the last fight but was probably ready to move up for a while. This is probably a fast track for him to get money defenses. maidana and thurman are in the top five in line for a shot though if he beats paulie.
    I hear that. Paulie is the perfect fight for anyone at 147 because he is passed his prime and he has no punching power. What's the risk? Lose on points? Even then, you don't get hurt. However, I really don't think too much should be made of it if Broner rolls through Paulie without much difficulty. Khan, Cotto, and Hatton did it too, in lighter weight classes. Frankly, Broner's opponent's have been perfect for him so far. I'm very much looking forward to Broner-Alexander, Broner-Thurman, Broner-Matthysse, Broner-Garcia. They are all fights that can be made too, as the opponents are under Golden Boy.

It's also a great fight for Paulie if he was planning on cashing out soon anyway. He hadn't earned a Floyd fight. He took the next highest paying option. Thurman and Maidana fights wouldn't have paid him the same amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    I hear that. Paulie is the perfect fight for anyone at 147 because he is passed his prime and he has no punching power. What's the risk? Lose on points? Even then, you don't get hurt. However, I really don't think too much should be made of it if Broner rolls through Paulie without much difficulty. Khan, Cotto, and Hatton did it too, in lighter weight classes. Frankly, Broner's opponent's have been perfect for him so far. I'm very much looking forward to Broner-Alexander, Broner-Thurman, Broner-Matthysse, Broner-Garcia. They are all fights that can be made too, as the opponents are under Golden Boy.

It's also a great fight for Paulie if he was planning on cashing out soon anyway. He hadn't earned a Floyd fight. He took the next highest paying option. Thurman and Maidana fights wouldn't have paid him the same amount.
    Broner vs. Matthysse...I'd ALMOST tell my wife to put her clothes back on if that fight was about to start.

Thread Information