Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 46 Press scores for Froch-Groves - 2 judges way wrong

Shock! Horror! A scoring controversy. It only happens every fucking week.

Mike Costello for Radio 5 live, who was commentating with Steve Bunce and Adam Booth, had Groves just one point up as well. I wonder how much he was paid to fix it?

Premature stoppage? In Britian? No way. You never see premature stoppages in Britain.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably the reason he works on the radio then.

At a push an absolute push Froch won 3 rounds.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

i agree

jim watt score the 5th to froch, i dont think he won that, it was his best round thus far in the fight but you cant give a fighter a round just for doing better than he had been

7th there is a case but youd have to be very kind

and the 8th was frochs best round
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That proves the point. You accept Froch could have won 3 rounds watching on TV with the influence of camera angles, commentary, punch stats and replays.

The judges and people ringside are watching from a totally different perspective. If rounds can be interpreted different from the TV, where everyone is viewing the same angles, then they can definitely be seen different ringside.

Hence every fucking week people moaning and groaning about fixed judging.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

That proves the point. You accept Froch could have won 3 rounds watching on TV with the influence of camera angles, commentary, punch stats and replays.

The judges and people ringside are watching from a totally different perspective. If rounds can be interpreted different from the TV, where everyone is viewing the same angles, then they can definitely be seen different ringside.

everyone else at ringside agreed with @smashup

dont come with all the persective voodoo shit, the judging was even more shocking than the stoppage

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

dont come with all the persective voodoo shit, the judging was even more shocking than the stoppage
    You only have to look at fightscorecollecters site to see virtually every week one or two journalists score totally different to the majority.

If an impartial ringside observer, that has years of experience in boxing, can get the same score as the judges then it's possible. That's all i'm saying.

(And all you conspiracy cunts need a good hiding)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said at an absolute push Froch won 3 , fuck I struggle to give him 2 personally.
    Listen I've sat ringside many, many times and im talking directly behind Jim Watt etc and at times with my elbows on the canvas taking pics and there is no way 2 out of 3 proffesional 'judges' can possibly get it that wrong no way in a million years is that even possible, its really not as hard as you think sitting ringside to score a fight , I used to do mine all the time on a bit of paper and was never anywhere near that far wrong and (these guys are "professionals" scoring a world title fight ?) not even close and a lot of other young press guys would do the same and again same outcome, maybe a point here or there but never a huge blatant swing in the opposite direction of what everyone else saw.
    Pisses me off when people defend dodgy judging/reffing as it harms the sport and fucks up fighters lives and careers.
    Its no different to goal line technology in football, people had enough of bad dodgy descisions effecting results and something was finally done to stop it ever happening again.
    Boxing needs to follow suit, do the same ,ban them and give the fighter a fair chance.
    Simple really.

Also....

Where were all these scoring punches that Froch landed?
    There were none apart from the odd few early a few more in spats mid rounds then obviously the 9th and bar the 9th none that made him look like he dominated any one round at all.
    People need to wake up and realise boxing is still heavily corrupt and always will be and until its sorted fighters like Groves will continue to get shafted left right and centre.
    I really wanna see rematch because I think Groves will do the same again early then just go all out and win it inside 2 rounds instead of holding back.
    In hindsight I bet he's beating himself up bad for doing that.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You only have to look at fightscorecollecters site to see virtually every week one or two journalists score totally different to the majority.

If an impartial ringside observer, that has years of experience in boxing, can get the same score as the judges then it's possible. That's all i'm saying.

one or two journalists isn't the two judges at ringside

the fight wasn't an even fight theres no doubt about that

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

one or two journalists isn't the two judges at ringside

the fight wasn't an even fight theres no doubt about that
    You think Froch beat Kessler the first time which is a minority position. That means you were scoring rounds for Froch that the majority were scoring for Kessler. Why is that?

Either you're corrupt, incompetent or was possibly seeing some rounds different to the majority?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said at an absolute push Froch won 3 , fuck I struggle to give him 2 personally.
    Listen I've sat ringside many, many times and im talking directly behind Jim Watt etc and at times with my elbows on the canvas taking pics and there is no way 2 out of 3 proffesional 'judges' can possibly get it that wrong no way in a million years is that even possible, its really not as hard as you think sitting ringside to score a fight , I used to do mine all the time on a bit of paper and was never anywhere near that far wrong and (these guys are "professionals" scoring a world title fight ?) not even close and a lot of other young press guys would do the same and again same outcome, maybe a point here or there but never a huge blatant swing in the opposite direction of what everyone else saw.
    Pisses me off when people defend dodgy judging/reffing as it harms the sport and fucks up fighters lives and careers.
    Its no different to goal line technology in football, people had enough of bad dodgy descisions effecting results and something was finally done to stop it ever happening again.
    Boxing needs to follow suit, do the same ,ban them and give the fighter a fair chance.
    Simple really.

Also....

Where were all these scoring punches that Froch landed?
    There were none apart from the odd few early a few more in spats mid rounds then obviously the 9th and bar the 9th none that made him look like he dominated any one round at all.
    People need to wake up and realise boxing is still heavily corrupt and always will be and until its sorted fighters like Groves will continue to get shafted left right and centre.
    I really wanna see rematch because I think Groves will do the same again early then just go all out and win it inside 2 rounds instead of holding back.
    In hindsight I bet he's beating himself up bad for doing that.
    Tune in next week you'll get a shock.

Thread Information