86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs McGregor official

will it count of floyds record?

will he go to 50-0?

surely there should be some rules around that?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you know like the dubious goals committee in football

bunch of dudes sit about and decide if someone actually scored or it was an own goal or deflected off someone or something

could be the dubious bouts committee, to decide whether a bout should count on a record or not

I mean if A Josh fought @Master in a professional ring, would that count?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    you know like the dubious goals committee in football

bunch of dudes sit about and decide if someone actually scored or it was an own goal or deflected off someone or something

could be the dubious bouts committee, to decide whether a bout should count on a record or not

I mean if A Josh fought @Master in a professional ring, would that count?
    If I got a license then yes it would.

Realistically if a MMA heavyweight wanted to fight AJ and there was enough interest and money it would be made.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dana White argues Conor McGregor losing to Floyd Mayweather doesn't hurt him or the UFC

Conor McGregor has been gunning for a fight with Floyd Mayweather and now he’s finally got his wish as the two combat sports superstars meet on Aug. 26 in Las Vegas.

Odds for the rumored fight have been swirling for over a year with Mayweather consistently sitting as a massive favorite over McGregor, who has never boxed professionally, and now he’s stepping into the ring with one of the best to ever do it.

Many boxing analysts have said that McGregor will get schooled in a fight with Mayweather, and mixed martial arts experts don’t seem to be giving him a much better chance than that either.

So what happens if McGregor goes into the ring with Mayweather and just gets dominated for 12 rounds or even suffers a knockout to the multi-time boxing champion? Does it hurt McGregor’s status as one of the top fighters in the world? Does it damage the UFC to see one of its champions getting slaughtered on a big stage for a fight of this magnitude?

“No, absolutely not,” White said about a potential McGregor loss impacting him or the UFC long term. “At the end of the day, these two guys wanted this fight, the fans wanted this fight and Conor is a mixed martial artist. He’s going into a boxing match with arguably the greatest boxer of all time.

“I don’t think it damages the brand or Conor McGregor at all. I think it actually elevates Conor McGregor.”

White argues that McGregor even taking this fight is a huge reason why people love watching him compete so much because he shows no fear in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

“The fact that this kid who has so much to lose is willing to step in and is absolutely confident that he will win this fight. I think it’s one of the many reasons that people love Conor McGregor,” White explained.

“Win, lose or draw it’ll be one of the reasons people will continue to love Conor McGregor.”

As far as McGregor’s chances go, White isn’t going to pretend that the reigning UFC lightweight champion is going to pick up enough skills over the next two months to simply out box Mayweather over 12 rounds.

Instead, White looks at specific weapons that McGregor possesses that could give Mayweather headaches once they step into the ring together.“

Is he at the level of a Floyd Mayweather as far as boxing standards go? No,” White said. “But the kid first of all is a southpaw.

People can argue one way or another, Floyd traditionally, if you ever wanted to say there’s ever been a kink in the armor with that kid, it’s with southpaw and Conor McGregor is an absolute knockout artist. When he hits you, you go. “So it’s part of the fun of this fight. Is Conor McGregor in a 12-round fight gonna be able to touch Floyd Mayweather?”

While White says a loss won’t hurt McGregor, he does believe that pulling off a win against Mayweather will shoot his star status to another level than he’s ever experienced before.

It’s part of the reason why White loves that McGregor wanted this matchup and that Mayweather accepted — both fighters are putting everything on the line.

“If you look at how big this fight is and you look at how big both of these athletes are that are involved in this fight, if Conor does knock Floyd Mayweather out, he is the biggest athlete on Earth. He’s the biggest athlete anywhere, on other planets he’s the biggest athlete. It’s pretty crazy,” White said.

“But it’s one of the things I always say about Conor and now you can say it about Floyd too, when you go out and you put everything on the line, I’ve said this about Floyd for many years — he loves money but that record is actually more important than money. For him to go out and risk that 49-0 against a guy like Conor, props to both guys for making the fight.”

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/mma-u...cid=spartanntp

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    If Mayweather goes to 50-0 because of this, boxing should be abolished once and for all.
    Well I disagree with that, I do think Floyd Mayweather Jr has done himself and his legacy no favors at all with this fight....if he decided to fight Conor in the Octagon then fuckin more power to the guy, not saying he'd HAVE to grapple but to go on another fighter's turf and beat him is different than inviting him to your turf and beating him.

If Floyd believes he is the greatest of all-time then he'd be better served fighting GGG (win, lose, or draw) than Conor Mac fullstop!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I see they're wearing ten ounce gloves just in case the leprechaun does manage to land something half decent. I'll still be watching though. There'll be at least two half decent fights on the undercard.
    Here's hoping Conor eats his Lucky Charms before this bout, I ain't paying a single penny for it, but I'll be cheering once again for a Floyd loss because the fucking audacity that bastard has to think this is a real honest to God fight and not a sparring session....this is going to be less competitive than the Ray Robinson vs Willie Pep exhibition bout.

I don't think he thinks it's a serious fight either. I don't think he gives a fuck about his legacy. It's about money. He'd fight Britney Spears if the purse was big enough.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Fuck me.....

What sort of idiots truly believe that Floyd is doing this for any other reason than to make a shitload of dollar?

He's using/playing McGregor like a fool here.

Everything about this is Boxing not UFC... Floyd is completely running the show from the undercard that is only featuring boxers to the fact that it's at Floyds chosen weight and under the Queensbury rules with huge gloves if your CM.

The pair of them are hoodwinking everyone big time.

Circus - Yes

Entertainment factor - Massive.

This is an Event to make money not a competitive Boxing match.
    McGregor is no fool. Another loss or two in UFC, and it could happen in consecutive fights, and he's just another fighter earning rubbish UFC money. This fight sets him up for life. Everybody says when he loses ah he was fighting the greatest boxer of his generation and one of the best all time and that's that, he goes back to UFC with his star power probably increased if anything but definitely financially alright.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    This is a proper fight. This is actually one for the purists. This is a fight that has much more in common with the spirit, history and legacy of boxing than any fight since Fury Schooled Wlad. For all the people chastising anyone who might watch it or lend it any credence I would suggest taking a deep breath before you reveal even more of your ignorance. This is prize fighting. This is what boxing is. A spectacle, a contest, a battle in which competitors take on all comers.

FAIRGROUND BOOTHS

GYSPIES

BARE KNUCKLE FIGHTING IN FIELDS

GRAPPLERS AGAINST DEFENSIVE WIZARDS

THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF THE NOBLE ART.

Jem Mace and Bob Fitzsimmons would have jumped at a similar opportunity and watched this one too if they were here.

Does McGregor stand much of a chance? Not really but UFC and MMA have a deep relationship with boxing. Boxing is a martial art and it has always evolved. The daft idea that you can hold it down and tame it and stick a label on it because of scientific progress and the growth of silly sanctioning bodies, is preposterous.

The whole thing is a throwback and yes by modern standards Floyd is avoiding a real challenge with so much quality in an around his weight in boxing...but

Legacy and actual achievements is a completely subjective thing anyway. Floyd could fight GGG and beat him handily and history might just write Golovkin off. History might look back with hindsight and think that the full circle was achieved by Floyd fighting McGregor.

Will i watch it ? Not sure

The biggest issue i have is with Oscar suggesting that boxing will not survive.

Boxing is bigger than Oscar, Bigger than Floyd and will continue to evolve, duck, dodge, weave and get back up however many times people suggest it is done for.

Oscar is furious that this fight is happening three weeks before his big promotion and will hoover up all the money that casual fans might spend on PPVs around that time. It'll also be a publicity juggernaut and take all the spotlight away from his promotion.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Oscar is just pissed because it will eclipse Cottos fight on the same night. And his fishnets are tight.

McGregor has all of the passes here. Oh he's not a boxer, oh he's handcuffed without full skills, Oh he didn't belong there in the first place. This shit belongs in a circus not a boxing ring.

What we need more of are geriatric Ray Mercers going over and knocking the shat out of some mma biguns.
    Oh yeah, it fucks up the Cotto fight as well. I'd forgotten about that one.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is redicoulos I can't beleive this shit.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kellerman predicts Floyds heavy bag won't even land a single real punch . And not everyone is laughing at him for once.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Kellerman predicts Floyds heavy bag won't even land a single real punch . And not everyone is laughing at him for once.
    I liked Floyd, this ruined it

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no respect for the man

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Bet you buy it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just watched some footage of McGregor punching the heavy bag, farrrrrrrrk he is going to get destroyed!

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Bet you buy it.
    Nah not this one master, it's just too much of a disappointment. At least manny fights boxers.

Thread Information