Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    yep, big fellas are not as good at driving, so only the best do it which are little fellas

if there was a desire for it then maybe they could have a big fellas class? and then we could have a lb4lb driver (even tho the little fellas are actually better)

and @Primo Carnera I just responded to youre post with a valid opinion and a question, and all you responded with was #lostcause, bit gay that isn't it?
    Look bud, I'm sorry if I've upset you, my comment was a bit of harmless fun (so I thought), so I apologise.
    But I feel you're choosing to ignore the actual meaning of the words "Sport" and "Boxing" rather than thuggery and fighting.
    Never mind, we'll agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ward/Kovalev 2...who wins?

yep, big fellas are not as good at driving, so only the best do it which are little fellas

if there was a desire for it then maybe they could have a big fellas class? and then we could have a lb4lb driver (even tho the little fellas are actually better)

Little fellas are obviously not better drivers. The conditions of the car and race require a smaller man.

You don't know for a fact that a smaller boxer would lose to a bigger one. There's also no limit at heavyweight. Haye beat Valuev easy giving him a 100lb, arguably old Holyfield did the same. Would it be a shock if the current top middleweights outboxed him over 12 rounds? Roy and Toney both came from middleweight to easily beat top 10 ranked "world" champion heavyweights.

There's numerous cases of fighters giving big lumps a hiding.

Do you think Loma couldn't chuck on a stone to school some "world-class" middleweights? Fuckers would never see what way he went
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Little fellas are obviously not better drivers. The conditions of the car and race require a smaller man.

You don't know for a fact that a smaller boxer would lose to a bigger one. There's also no limit at heavyweight. Haye beat Valuev easy giving him a 100lb, arguably old Holyfield did the same. Would it be a shock if the current top middleweights outboxed him over 12 rounds? Roy and Toney both came from middleweight to easily beat top 10 ranked "world" champion heavyweights.

Do you think Loma couldn't chuck on a stone to school some "world-class" middleweights? Fuckers would never see what way he went
    change the conditions of the car and have 2 car condition classes, could we have a lb4lb driver then?

I didn't say that all bigger fighters beat all smaller fighters

perhaps I missed out the word usually, somewhere

but usually, the HW champion would beat any other weights champion

and fighters do come up in weight, james toney was elite at middleweight but not so at heavy

and @Primo Carnera I am not upset in any way, in fact far from it, im enjoying the debate, excited, enthralled is a better word (its very much relieving my boredom from my daily job)

I don't think your opinion that I am missing the words sport and boxing and thugary and fighting has any substance, both heavies and middles fight under the same rules of the same sport, in the same ring with the same gloves(ish) and the same scoring system, its the same sport, they are separated because the middles don't stand much chance against the heavies

if they didn't separate them there would only be heavies

and Loma is an unbelievable boxer, having the weight classes allow us to have fighters like that, and maybe he would beat a lot of middles
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney made Holyfield look like a mug. Holyfield then went on to get "robbed" to the massive Valuev who was "world" champion. Ruiz was "world" champion when Roy mugged him off.

So bigger means "better" isn't the case. A middleweight was able to not train properly, weigh in as a fat man, and beat an all-time great heavyweight that a few years later beat a humongous "world" champion.

If they didn't seperate weight-classes we wouldn't even be having this discussion. You'd have no idea if Floyd could beat Wlad, like we don't know now.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

change the conditions of the car and have 2 car condition classes, could we have a lb4lb driver then?

I didn't say that all bigger fighters beat all smaller fighters

perhaps I missed out the word usually, somewhere

but usually, the HW champion would beat any other weights champion

and fighters do come up in weight, james toney was elite at middleweight but not so at heavy

and @Primo Carnera I am not upset in any way, in fact far from it, im enjoying the debate, excited, enthralled is a better word (its very much relieving my boredom from my daily job)

I don't think your opinion that I am missing the words sport and boxing and thugary and fighting has any substance, both heavies and middles fight under the same rules of the same sport, in the same ring with the same gloves(ish) and the same scoring system, its the same sport, they are separated because the middles don't stand much chance against the heavies

if they didn't separate them there would only be heavies

and Loma is an unbelievable boxer, having the weight classes allow us to have fighters like that, and maybe he would beat a lot of middles
    Ok, so do you believe that they should do away with weight classes?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Fenster usually the bigger fighter is the better fighter, and no we don't know if Floyd could beat wlad, just like we don't know if mcgreggor could beat Floyd

but not knowing isn't the same as Floyd or ward or whoever being put as the best fighter in the world when then most likely situation is that they aren't and not by a long way

@Primo Carnera do I fuck

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Fenster usually the bigger fighter is the better fighter, and no we don't know if Floyd could beat wlad, just like we don't know if mcgreggor could beat Floyd

but not knowing isn't the same as Floyd or ward or whoever being put as the best fighter in the world when then most likely situation is that they aren't and not by a long way

@Primo Carnera do I fuck
    Ok , just curious. Because apart from the safety aspect (which admittedly is a huge priority) if the big guys generally are the best, they should be able to prove that by beating all
    comers, thus generating the income that they deserve for being the best, no?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

@Primo Carnera do I fuck
    Ok , just curious. Because apart from the safety aspect (which admittedly is a huge priority) if the big guys generally are the best, they should be able to prove that by beating all
    are you asking if the bigger men deserve more money?

I definitely look forward to a good HW fight more than I do any other weight, I am more willing to part with my money, although those are general statements, there are a lot of aspects to consider

I'm not sure if everyone else feels the same way, although top HWs in the past probably earn more in general

and I think in history the HW division is the most fondly remembered, and rightly so

but again it tends to be where the Americans are, particularly for us English speakers

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The appeal of heavyweights is they're meant to be the biggest, strongest fighters, one punch can end any contest. People aren't interested in little fighters challenging bigger, stronger ones primarily because they can't win by KO. Nothing to do with whether or not they're a better boxer.

How many times on this forum do I read "i'll watch it if there's a KO." Some/many boxing fans are not even interested in seeing who's the better boxer, without a KO they couldn't give a fuck who displays the superior abilty, just the sparkage.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its a mix between ability and KO power isnt it?

id much rather watch a Golovkin fight than a lower ranked middleweight fight that ends in a KO, but on the flip side id go a few notches down rather than watch mayweather fight

but either way, as entertaining and brilliant as Golovkin is, he would lose to bigger fighters, probably

if that wasn't the case, if he would be as appealing in higher weights, and bigger fighters were too big and strong (and too good) for him then surely he would have moved up by now

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Butterbean #TBE #GOAT #beatsfuckoutoffmayweather #underrated

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

think butterbean would beat Mayweather prime for prime?

I doubt it

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Primo Carnera do I fuck

I definitely look forward to a good HW fight more than I do any other weight, I am more willing to part with my money, although those are general statements, there are a lot of aspects to consider

I'm not sure if everyone else feels the same way, although top HWs in the past probably earn more in general

and I think in history the HW division is the most fondly remembered, and rightly so

but again it tends to be where the Americans are, particularly for us English speakers
    In answer to the question in the first sentence, the answer is no.
    But I believe the best should earn the most. I know that's a bit idealistic and things like watchability come into it.
    But going on that basis and using your theory, Dillian Whyte should conceivably earn more than Mayweather, Because he could probably beat him in a fight .
    Would you venture an opinion on that please?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Butterbean #TBE #GOAT #beatsfuckoutoffmayweather #underrated

Exactly. If Butterball beats the f*ck out of Mayweather, it's because he's the better boxer.

"The better boxers in the world are the bigger boxers." ~ Erics44

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Primo Carnera do I fuck

In answer to the question in the first sentence, the answer is no.
    But I believe the best should earn the most. I know that's a bit idealistic and things like watchability come into it.
    But going on that basis and using your theory, Dillian Whyte should conceivably earn more than Mayweather, Because he could probably beat him in a fight .
    Would you venture an opinion on that please?

But I believe the best should earn the most. the best lb4lb or the best?

Do the best earn more? well In general, over history, the heavies earn more than the lower weights for what ever reason

but the earning power of fighters is dependent on a lot more than their weight

Comparing whyte to mayweather tho, ive not watched a mayweather fight since OLH and enjoyed it, in fact I don't think ive sat one out since hatton

id gladly pay more to watch whyte than mayweather for entertainment value

and mayweather was in the right place at the right time, yeah he sells himself in a way that attracts audiences, but he was the only elite American at the time and his fighting style and weight was almost irrelevant

Thread Information