Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is it just me or.........

Does it always seem that the super feather weight division has had the deepest pool of talent for quite some time now?

There are always excellent veterans, excellent p4p fighters, excellent contenders, excellent propects, it just always seems there is a constant influx of skill in that division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it just me or.........

...and more of them are coming to invade that division too. Linares, Guerrero, Chris John,.. and even Israel Vazquez is planning to move up in that division too.

XaduBoxer Guest

the current no. 1 super feather is about to leave the division...
    Last edited by XaduBoxer; 05-02-2008 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pacstraightleft View Post
    ...and more of them are coming to invade that division too. Linares, Guerrero, Chris John,.. and even Israel Vazquez is planning to move up in that division too.

no way vazquez will make much of an impression at super featherweight, guy is barely 5`4 and would be too exposed in the division.

Spot on about the division being a multi talented one, think its always been somewhere where the smaller more talented fighters have decided it is the peak of their weight category and the continuing pool of talent means that you`ll naturally end up with a decent bunch of fighters.

barerra-morales was a joy to behold and elevated the division right to the very top!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The lower weights are just brilliant, so deep so competitive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Does it always seem that the super feather weight division has had the deepest pool of talent for quite some time now?

There are always excellent veterans, excellent p4p fighters, excellent contenders, excellent propects, it just always seems there is a constant influx of skill in that division.
    I'd say that as for prospects Featherweight is even more sweet at the moment, but that kinda depends where you place Gamboa. Anyway, Linares and Gamboa both look destined to become P4P top 5's and Guerrero could end up thereabouts as well imo. Between the three of them there should be some pretty exciting years to come.

Even without Pac SFW is the better division right now though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel_K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post

I'd say that as for prospects Featherweight is even more sweet at the moment, but that kinda depends where you place Gamboa. Anyway, Linares and Gamboa both look destined to become P4P top 5's and Guerrero could end up thereabouts as well imo. Between the three of them there should be some pretty exciting years to come.

Even without Pac SFW is the better division right now though.
    Lol.. Linares and gamboa are in a whole different league to guerrero..

Guerrero should be ashamed to call himself the ghost while kelly pavlik is about..

he is no where near p4p contention and i dont think he has what it takes
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id suggest linares would be a star in any of the lower divisions right upto lightweight!!

As for guerrero.....what tito said!!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito BHB View Post

Guerrero should be ashamed to call himself the ghost while kelly pavlik is about..

I agree that as for talent there is a big difference between Linares/Gamboa and Guerrero and that I could have formulated myself somewhat better in my first point. I'll maintain that Guerrero is underrated around here though - he has looked very good in his last fights (I actually havent seen him against Litzau myself, but in the fights before that). And he just turned 25 the other month, so he could still improve also.

A few more good wins, and I'd say he could be P4P top 20. Will he ever be top 10? I dont know, but I wouldnt rule it out. Top 5? No, that was me being silly (and I did separate him from the other two on purpose).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkel_K View Post

I agree that as for talent there is a big difference between Linares/Gamboa and Guerrero and that I could have formulated myself somewhat better in my first point. I'll maintain that Guerrero is underrated around here though - he has looked very good in his last fights (I actually havent seen him against Litzau myself, but in the fights before that). And he just turned 25 the other month, so he could still improve also.

A few more good wins, and I'd say he could be P4P top 20. Will he ever be top 10? I dont know, but I wouldnt rule it out. Top 5? No, that was me being silly (and I did separate him from the other two on purpose).
    Fair play to you, No worries..

My issue with guerrero was the loss to salido.. And that was called a nc due to steriod use on salido's part.. But also in my opinion the way guerrero was built up and he really was in the fight with some fair toe to toe action from the start he let it slip away... and sure salido was strong and the steriods im sure did him some favours but also what i saw was not what salido had going for him.. but what guerrero let slip.. He failed in heart that night.. Cos he had the skill the will just left him and he lasted out a decision.. i think he coulda beat him steriods or no steriods..

But aside from that.. fights are good.. No real notable opponents in my opinion

Litzau is a game and exciting guy.. And he wears the best damn apparel in boxing ( LOL Havoc! :P )
    But we seen him chinned by a guy who wasnt a top guy before and his style does his chin no favours..

none the less for robert still a good performance and a name..
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta disagree with John completely.
    The guys been fighting for like 10 yrs. and he has yet to draw any attention. ONLY the hardcore fans know him and even then not everyones seen him fight and or even like him as a fighter.

I have huge doubts that John will do anything major in the SFW div.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    The guys been fighting for like 10 yrs. and he has yet to draw any attention. ONLY the hardcore fans know him and even then not everyones seen him fight and or even like him as a fighter.

I have never seen him fight...
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTvSGT0DSzc

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by PRIDE OF BOSTON View Post

We could go on and on and I bet not many here have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair play to you, No worries..

My issue with guerrero was the loss to salido.. And that was called a nc due to steriod use on salido's part.. But also in my opinion the way guerrero was built up and he really was in the fight with some fair toe to toe action from the start he let it slip away... and sure salido was strong and the steriods im sure did him some favours but also what i saw was not what salido had going for him.. but what guerrero let slip.. He failed in heart that night.. Cos he had the skill the will just left him and he lasted out a decision.. i think he coulda beat him steriods or no steriods..

But aside from that.. fights are good.. No real notable opponents in my opinion

Litzau is a game and exciting guy.. And he wears the best damn apparel in boxing ( LOL Havoc! :P )
    But we seen him chinned by a guy who wasnt a top guy before and his style does his chin no favours..

none the less for robert still a good performance and a name..
    I agree 100% on the Salido fight. The first time I actually saw Guerrero fight was that night. He was horrible. In fact he was so horrible that I even believed Spend Abazi could (not necessarily would, but at least could) beat him in his next outing - and while no one else here probably gave a damn about that fight, I was getting quite into the idea of another Danish alphabet champ (hell, FWIW Abazi would actually have become the first ever IBF champ). BUT, BUT, BUT Guerrero was leagues above Abazi on that night, and he was leagues above the version who showed up against Salido. I really took notice of Guerrero that night.

Since then he has demolished Honorio in very impressive fashion, and from what I've read he looked good with Litzau. It seems you agree with this one as well.

I actually think that in the long run the Salido fight will prove itself good for him. I'll admit there s ionly so many times you want to prove you can bounce back (see also: the Gamaliez Diaz loss), but hopefully he has matured a bit. Also I'd like to see him in with Salido again. I have no doubt Guerrero would win, but it would only be fair to Salido to give him that chance. If I remember correctly Salido was even cleared of steroid use afterwards

Thread Information