Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Kid Galahad vs Jazza Dickens 2

Kid Galahad and James ‘Jazza’ Dickens face off again this weekend nearly eight years on since their first meeting.

Galahad, who has a record of 27 wins and one defeat, beat fellow Brit Dickens in September 2013, claiming a TKO victory to win the British super-bantamweight title at the time.

Now, they will go toe-to-toe again this Saturday with the vacant IBF featherweight title on the line.

Galahad lost to Josh Warrington in June 2019 but bounced back with a win over Claudio Marrero last time out.

Meanwhile, Dickens has worked his way up the ranks in recent years, winning eight in a row including his victory over Ryan Walsh in December.

It should be an exciting all-British title clash at the Matchroom Headquarters in Brentwood this weekend.

This twelve-round featherweight bout will take place on Saturday, August 7 and is being held at the Matchroom Headquarters in Brentwood.

The ring walks for Galahad v Dickens are expected from 10:30pm on the night.

Kid Galahad v James Dickens – for vacant IBF featherweight title
    Fabio Wardley v Nick Webb – for BBBofC English heavyweight title
    Alen Babic v Mark Bennett
    Ebanie Bridges v Bec Connolly
    Johnny Fisher v Danny Whitaker
    Aqib Fiaz v Kevin Baldospino
    Ellie Scotney v TBA

James Dickens: “I don’t even see it as a rematch, as strange as that sounds.

“So much has happened in both our careers since that fight and we’re both different fighters at a different weight today.

“I’m expecting a totally different Kid Galahad and I think that he’s expecting a different version of me.

“Whenever you lose, nobody is interested in you. I’ve seen that first hand.

“It’s a hard place to be in when you have no fights coming up and that was the position I was in. It was important that I didn’t forget why I started boxing and what my end goal was.

“I had to remind myself of that a few times.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/9...l-boxing-news/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Kid Galahad vs Jazza Dickens 2

Kid Galahad ready for "life and death" war with Jazza Dickens in world title rematch

Kid Galahad is preparing for a "life and death" war with his old rival Jazza Dickens when the pair step into the ring for a rematch of their 2013 meeting.

Galahad won the initial bout eight years ago for the British title, but a lot has changed since then, and with a world title on the line this fight promises to be different.

Dickens has since put together an impressive run of results since then, coming back from two losses against Guillermo Rigondeaux and Thomas Patrick Ward to earn himself a shot at the belt.

Arguably his most impressive win came against Leigh Wood, who would go on to beat Can Xu for the WBA featherweight strap.

Speaking at a press conference ahead of night two of Matchroom Fight Camp, Galahad said he was confident of getting a repeat result.

"It's been a long time coming," Galahad said. "I just can't wait, I'm focused, Saturday night I'm going to be IBF champion of the world.

"I'm so focused, I'm in the zone, Jazza is a tough fight for anyone no matter the level, and to be honest I can't remember what happened in the first fight.

"I want to beat Jazza Dickens, and a victory on Saturday would be life changing because this fight is going to be life and death."

Dickens, who cut a more relaxed figure than his much-favoured opponent on the stage, believes that the lessons he has learned in his three career losses have made him the fighter he is now.

And he has assured fans that he won't be approaching the fight in a way that allows Galahad to dictate the pace, telling promoter Eddie Hearn that he feels a need to take this big opportunity.

"Of course this a big opportunity that I have to take but not on his terms, he might be slick but I'm better.

"I'm a good fighter, he can be as slick as he wants but that won't inflict any pain on me, so I'm going to win the fight how I win it.

"Talking about gameplans and that sort of thing, I wouldn't consider them that much because they go out the window when you get hit.

"When something's going well you keep doing that and you adapt on the fly so I know I'll be able to adapt to whatever he brings to the table."

Both men are relishing the opportunity to become the world champion, with Dickens saying that it will be the best moment of his life.

"This sport can be the best and the worst," he explained. "And I've suffered both sides.

"I've endured the worst and I've come through it, and to be able to now get my crown, that red and gold belt it's going to be beautiful.

"I'm just grateful to be able to be on this platform with two Brits going for ultimate glory."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...cid=entnewsntp

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both fighters trying to take the centre of the ring in a close first round. Dickens landed the more eye catching punches so give him the round.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad taking the 2nd round with sharper hurtful and accurate punches.

1-1

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These are close rounds, Dickens landing eye catching punches but Galahad better consistent punches in round 3.

2-1 Galahad

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad landing some good bodyshots in the 4th but Dickens is still landing big punches which are not having much effect but give him the round.

2-2

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad pushing Dickens back in round 5 setting a very high pace.

3-2 Galahad

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad busting up Dickens face in round 6 with quick straight punches. He is taking over the fight.

4-2

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dickens landed some big shots in round 7 and Galahad ignores them but give him the round.

4-3

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad battering the face of Dickens and set a very high pace.

5-3 Galahad

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad controlling the fight, set up a high work rate which Dickens has not been able to keep up with.

6-3

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad deducted a point in round 10 but he is totally dominant and Dickens is barely surviving. Drawn round.

6-3-1

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad has fought brilliantly and Dickens retires after round 11. He dominated the round and set a very high pace throughout the fight breaking Dickens.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Galahad shutting Eddie up and saying Dickens should fight Wood who won last week. Galahad dedicated the fight to the late great trainer Brendan Ingle.

Galahad does not punch hard but hits enough to cause damage. He set up such a high pace that was world class and would give Warrington a hell of a fight.

Thread Information