Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo v Josesito?

a story on fightnews says lopez may be moving up another weight division to take on canelo in september.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/look...osesito-122896

can he hurt someone so much bigger? ortiz took all his shots and kept coming forward until he bitched.

hope he's getting paid big money.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo v Josesito?

I just read that news on ESPN and I thought there was another Josesito out there but nope its the same ol jaw breaker.

I really hope he doesn't get severely hurt here. Since it is a PPV fight I'm sure he'll get a nice chunk of cash out of this and for that I'm happy for him but his management...what are you doing matching a jr welter against a jr middleweight after one fight at welter? At least let his body get used to the weight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a bad matchup IMO. Lopez looked 2 weight divisions below Ortiz so he'll look minute next to Canelo. This fight doesn't see a 5th round for me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DavilaJones View Post
    I just read that news on ESPN and I thought there was another Josesito out there but nope its the same ol jaw breaker.

I really hope he doesn't get severely hurt here. Since it is a PPV fight I'm sure he'll get a nice chunk of cash out of this and for that I'm happy for him but his management...what are you doing matching a jr welter against a jr middleweight after one fight at welter? At least let his body get used to the weight.

The fight is going to be on Showtime not PPV
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a ridiculous fight. A junior welterweight, really? And it's not even like it's a big name -- he'd be better off fighting any of the decent-to-good but not big-name guys who are actually in his division (Lara, Martirosyan, Quillin, etc.). This is pretty disgraceful.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post

I read that it even may be on just plain old cbs, which would be awesome that they're showing a boxing fight on just plain regular network tv. However its also a missmatch and might actually turn people off boxing more after they watch it, joesisto is to small but he probably coulddnt resist the money.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post

I read that it even may be on just plain old cbs, which would be awesome that they're showing a boxing fight on just plain regular network tv. However its also a missmatch and might actually turn people off boxing more after they watch it, joesisto is to small but he probably coulddnt resist the money.
    No, it's on Showtime. Alvarez-Lopez, Gonzalez-Ponce de Leon fight on Showtime on Sept. 15 | RingTV

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope Josesito gets loads of money and some how pulls off a Rocky story on this.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If this is true, it is a stupid move. You've got a live fighter, only 27 years old, with a brand new world championship....There is no possible amount that they could offer him that would be enough. Fight Bradly, fight ortiz again, and before that fight somebody easy and make a few bucks.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    If this is true, it is a stupid move. You've got a live fighter, only 27 years old, with a brand new world championship....There is no possible amount that they could offer him that would be enough. Fight Bradly, fight ortiz again, and before that fight somebody easy and make a few bucks.
    It is a very stupid move come to think of it can't have just been the money maybe josesito got a big head and actually fancies his chances...

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    It is a very stupid move come to think of it can't have just been the money maybe josesito got a big head and actually fancies his chances...
    That is real possible. Winning a title makes some guys think they are invincible. Years ago, when lopez was a Lightweight, and 18-0, I wanted to see him fight Antillon, who was 16-0 at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Hope Josesito gets loads of money and some how pulls off a Rocky story on this.
    This.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

P.S. This match up makes me feel uneasy, like Mickey Ward's match ups early in his career.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he was at least a slick boxer I wouldn't felt so nervous for him. Seeing how he fought vs Ortiz...oh boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this is an ongoing joke with Canelo. Canelo's opponents fit 2 clear threads:

old/shot-
    Carlos Baldomir(late 30s)
    Shane Mosley(late 30s and shot)
    Kermit Cintron(31 or 32 and had been smacked around by Molina; already looked faded if not shot)
    Ryan Rhodes(35 at the time-but still was well respected at the time)
    Lovemore NDou (close to 40)

smaller-
    Cotto's brother
    Matthew Hatton
    Alfonso Gomez

Now Lopez who is not old/shot, but fought at 140 until a few months ago and only fought at 147 because he got a big payday against Ortiz.

Is it too much to ask for Canelo to fight someone who isn't old, isn't shot, and just happens to fight in the same weight class.

This is not a recipe towards going to the top of the sport. If you want to become a P4P player you have to be willing to face guys that are in their prime, very good, and fight in the same weight class.

Canelo's competition is unforgiveable. They just put any name in there that people recognize and that have zero fucking shot at winning.

I used to just blame his promoter and manager, but now I blame Canelo as well. He runs his career. He is just a boxer, not a rocket scientist, but even he has to know he is fighting old/shot/smaller guys in every fight, when there is a plethora of available 154 fighters in their prime that he could fight.

So fuck Golden Boy. Fuck Canelo's manager. Fuck Canelo. All of them are so full of shit with this complete line of opponents.

For anyone that would like to say that I'm just a hater. I'm not. I hope Canelo becomes an absolute star. He's Mexican. He can box and punch. His fights aren't boring. But the decisions that are being made are setting him up for a huge fall when he has to start facing very good fighters.

Thread Information