Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Wilder Excuses Begin

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Don't feel like reading all of this and all the articles. Was the offer of 88 million plus upside for AJ and 12 million flat for Wilder the only offer?
    You must have read something on the matter. Else how did you also come up with this nonsense $100m number?
    Didn't read a thing, there's just a bunch of boxing channels saying these numbers. I don't doubt they're wrong that's why I'm trying to find out what offers have been made.

FTR I think this fight makes far more than 100 million. But after TV companies take their splits 100 million did seem a dangerous guarantee
    How do you figure it makes far more than 100 million? And what TV splits are you talking about?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't feel like reading all of this and all the articles. Was the offer of 88 million plus upside for AJ and 12 million flat for Wilder the only offer?
    You must have read something on the matter. Else how did you also come up with this nonsense $100m number?
    Didn't read a thing, there's just a bunch of boxing channels saying these numbers. I don't doubt they're wrong that's why I'm trying to find out what offers have been made.

FTR I think this fight makes far more than 100 million. But after TV companies take their splits 100 million did seem a dangerous guarantee
    How do you figure it makes far more than 100 million? And what TV splits are you talking about?
    Well, getting 50 million in PPV in USA is rather easy, less than 1 million buys. I would imagine the biggest heavyweight fight since 2003 tops 1 million buys. Wilder has gotten great ratings for years fighting bums.

We keep hearing about all this UK money so if it is what it is billed to be one would expect the more popular AJ to produce equal buy money or greater in the UK.

Add sponsors, TV rights around the world, gate and this pushes well past 100 million.

Not sure how UK TV money is split but in the US the providers take half.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn and AJ said in an IFL interview today that if they were offered 50 million from Wilder for the fight (flat fee) they would take it.

Hearn also said that he believes the flat fee offer he made Wilder was 30 - 35% and claims his calculations are usually very accurate.

In my opinion Wilder should take the offer. Hes not bringing the crowd, TV deals or the money.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What was the flat fee offered, the rumored 12 million?

Feel like I’m trying to get juice from a stone 😂

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Hearn and AJ said in an IFL interview today that if they were offered 50 million from Wilder for the fight (flat fee) they would take it.

Hearn also said that he believes the flat fee offer he made Wilder was 30 - 35% and claims his calculations are usually very accurate.

In my opinion Wilder should take the offer. Hes not bringing the crowd, TV deals or the money.
    That's just Eddie chatting shit, if he believed that the flat offer was going to be 30/35% then he would have offered 30/35% because that would have sounded more attractive

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What was the flat fee offered, the rumored 12 million?

Feel like I’m trying to get juice from a stone 😂
    Right, there’s no point telling you because you’ll believe who you want to believe.
    Shelly Finkel said $12.5 million and HE SAID the fight is worth $100 million. (So put the fight on then!)
    Which is where I’m guessing you got your “AJ is gonna get $88million” from presumably. Funny , but NOBODY has mentioned that.
    All Hearn said was that the offer they gave was 30-35% of what he thought the fight is worth. Hearn did not tell all and sundry a figure because he negotiates properly.
    Finkel then said they would make a counter offer in 48 hours. Naturally 48 hours came and went with no counter offer. All they said was they would accept 40%. But 40% of what??
    If the fight makes the money Finkel thinks, then put the money up and make the fight in the States! Funnily enough that option hasn’t been mentioned by Finkel.
    Like I said , believe what you want to believe. There you go. Don’t mention it.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

That's just Eddie chatting shit, if he believed that the flat offer was going to be 30/35% then he would have offered 30/35% because that would have sounded more attractive
    He said the percentage from the start but people like you (no disrespect, mate) were saying why doesn't he tell us what % money it represents.

From day one he said the fight is worth 40-50 million and Wilder is worth about 20-30%.

It's utterly laughable that naive fans believe the guy offering some basic 101 promotion and standard reality is the bullshitter. As has been explained in this thread already, we have past AJ promotions to gauge the figures by, especially the Wlad fight. If it makes more it makes more but this is the basic ballpark.
    Last edited by Fenster; 04-20-2018 at 10:38 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

He said the percentage from the start but people like you (no disrespect, mate) were saying why doesn't he tell us what % money it represents.

From day one he said the fight is worth 40-50 million and Wilder is worth about 20-30%.

It's utterly laughable that naive fans believe the guy offering some basic 101 promotion and standard reality is the bullshitter. As has been explained in this thread already, we have past AJ promotions to gauge the figures by, especially the Wlad fight. If it makes more it makes more but this is the basic ballpark.
    I haven't heard him say that it is worth 40/50 million, I wasn't actually having a pop at Eddie, it's just part of the negotiations, he isn't going to go in and start with his best offer, he wants the best final outcome for AJ hence why he made a flat offer rather than a percentage.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Ron Swanson and everyone else. everything think you need to know on this fight in the statement below.

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-we...wilder--127348
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 04-21-2018 at 06:35 AM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

""People don't understand the simple economics and the reality of the situation. One guy is earning $2.5 million dollars and the other is earning ten times as much. ...."

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    @Ron Swanson and everyone else. everything think you need to know on this fight in the statement below.

Crap offer, appreciate the info. Seems the fight will happen exactly when Eddie told us it would happen a year ago, in 2019. Desperately hoping to be wrong but nobody accepts 12.5 for this fight
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 04-21-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really it all seems above board and consistent with negotiations. Eddie knows this offer won’t be accepted but a counter off is required.

The only part that bothers me is playing the naive people “we’ll take 50 flat”, Eddie knows Wilders promoter can not afford to have 50 million and whatever Wilder’s guarantee is tied up for months. Because these guarantees are paid fight night. PPV money can trickle in for over a year. There is no reason for the deception.

If you are right there is no need to deceive.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crap offer, appreciate the info. Seems the fight will happen exactly when Eddie told us it would happen a year ago, in 2019. Desperately hoping to be wrong but nobody accepts 12.5 for this fight
    Well I wasn't wrong was I ? I said you would believe what suited you. answer me these questions one by one if you could please.
    1. when did Eddie Hearn install US Boxing as his favourite charity?
    2. Why does he have to always offer Wilder?
    3. Why can't Wilder's team come up with an Offer?

I tell you what , I know how pissy you get about me "demanding" answers to questions, so I'll answer them .

1. he never did , but they just thing they have a divine right to fucking take the money without doing fuck all for it. They don't like the fact that after all these years , the boot is on the other foot. If they want the money , they have to come over the pond.

2. because Wilder is not marketed right and is probably the least money making US HW World Champion in History . Even Charles Martin has had a bigger purse than him so far !
    3. Because they have no clout, no money and are full of shit! they pluck numbers out of the sky without having the cojones to back them up . If they believe the fight is worth double or triple what Hearn thinks it is, great , put it on in the States. Even make an attempt to. at least if they counter offerered to put it on in the US , we would know if AJ is ducking him if he turns it down.
    Team Wilder have not come up with ONE FUCKING SINGLE FINANCIAL COMMITMENT for this fight, they just want Hearn to do it all.
    This is nothing new. When Floyd was "the money" with the exception of Pacquiao , which other opponents in the last few years got anywhere near the percentage Finkel wants for Wilder?

One thing that we can all agree on and is a cast iron undisputable FACT is that so far, Matchroom are the only party to even make a financial offer to make this fight. Everybody else is happy to swing off their nuts while spouting off a load of Horseshit!
    PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I wasn't wrong was I ? I said you would believe what suited you. answer me these questions one by one if you could please.
    1. when did Eddie Hearn install US Boxing as his favourite charity?
    2. Why does he have to always offer Wilder?
    3. Why can't Wilder's team come up with an Offer?

I tell you what , I know how pissy you get about me "demanding" answers to questions, so I'll answer them .

1. he never did , but they just thing they have a divine right to fucking take the money without doing fuck all for it. They don't like the fact that after all these years , the boot is on the other foot. If they want the money , they have to come over the pond.

2. because Wilder is not marketed right and is probably the least money making US HW World Champion in History . Even Charles Martin has had a bigger purse than him so far !
    3. Because they have no clout, no money and are full of shit! they pluck numbers out of the sky without having the cojones to back them up . If they believe the fight is worth double or triple what Hearn thinks it is, great , put it on in the States. Even make an attempt to. at least if they counter offerered to put it on in the US , we would know if AJ is ducking him if he turns it down.
    Team Wilder have not come up with ONE FUCKING SINGLE FINANCIAL COMMITMENT for this fight, they just want Hearn to do it all.
    This is nothing new. When Floyd was "the money" with the exception of Pacquiao , which other opponents in the last few years got anywhere near the percentage Finkel wants for Wilder?

One thing that we can all agree on and is a cast iron undisputable FACT is that so far, Matchroom are the only party to even make a financial offer to make this fight. Everybody else is happy to swing off their nuts while spouting off a load of Horseshit!
    PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!

1)it's no charity to follow standard boxing protocol and offer a percentage, as every major fight has been done for decades

2)because Eddie is the bigger promoter with the bigger fighter. That's why Mayweather offered Hatton over and over, that's why he offered Shane repeatedly. But I'm sure you know this. Or at least I hope you do.

This idea that
    Wilder isn't marketed right might have truth to it, but he still gets the highest
    TV numbers going back years. This suggests he will help AJ sell PPVs in the US. AJ getting 400k viewers isn't going to sell in the US.

3)Wilders team can't come up with an offer because they are a small time unit. This doesn't help your point. It shows
    Eddie is deceiving "we'll take a flat 50" first, he knows very well Wilders promoter can't have 5 0 million tied up for months waiting on PPV revenue to come in. So from start it is BS to fool fools. 2nd it doesn't even pair up with his previous lie. That this fight only makes 40 or 50 million. By his own words if the fight does as well as possible AJ gets all the money.

It's nonsense. Everyone here knows fights are done on percentages. AN offer that doesn't have a percentage is no offer at all. Eddie with Radio Raheem "we'll walk away, we can get rich with
    NO RISK fights" he doesn't even say low risk, "no risk"

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do people pretend to not know boxing contracts or do they genuinely not know?

I mean, is it a secret they are done on percentages splits?

Is it a secret the bigger fighter makes the offers?

Thread Information