Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Groves rumored to be replaced by Eubank Jr. in WBSS finals

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    If anything they should give the other semi finalist Braehmer who had to pull out through injury the first offer as technically he remains undefeated in the WBSS.
    Thing is Eubank Jnr is the much bigger name. $£$£$£
    Braehmer was my thinking, then have the winner face Groves in the final at a later date. I think he had a falling out with the promoters tho.

The Smith/ Eubank fight could be a semi final to face Groves once he's back, Smith got an gimme really.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    If anything they should give the other semi finalist Braehmer who had to pull out through injury the first offer as technically he remains undefeated in the WBSS.
    Thing is Eubank Jnr is the much bigger name. $£$£$£
    Braehmer was my thinking, then have the winner face Groves in the final at a later date. I think he had a falling out with the promoters tho.

The Smith/ Eubank fight could be a semi final to face Groves once he's back, Smith got an gimme really.
    Whilst I hate the thought of Jr getting the nod it would be unfair on Smith to force him to take another fight (not to mention it's probably against the contract) and what happens if he got injured would Groves have to take another fight in the meantime

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Sauerland is the front man for the tournament it's not his dough or sole promotion.

As a standalone fight Eubank-Smith is excellent. Smith hasn't proved himself at top level, hasn't fought anyone close to a Groves or Saunders, in fact he's never faced anyone that can be regarded top 10-15-20 in the independent supermiddle rankings. Jr is a big step up for him. Great matchup.
    I'm sorry, but how the fuck is Jr. "a big step up" for Callum Smith? It's no good quoting Groves and Saunders's names when the both completely OUTCLASSED him. so he fought them , Big fucking deal! Chisora has fought loads of the top guys , but he's never fucking beat one has he?

Smith's victory over Rebrasse at the time was after he gave Groves a very tough fight (much tougher than Jr. did.) and Smith BEAT him. he didn't just fight him.
    At the time , Smith's Victory over Skjelocka was also better than anything or anybody that Eubank has ever beat.
    The lesser Chudinov comes closest (at MW) and the geriatric version of Abraham was meaningless.
    furthermore, Smith is a SMW , and a big one at that. Eubank doesn't carry any size or power advantages up to SMW. I know Smith has traded water for the last year or so, but he hasn't been EXPOSED.
    my god, some people have such short fucking memories.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The very fact you've named Rebrasse as Smith's best opponent proves my point.

1. Groves beat him 12-0. The only reason it was considered a tough fight is because a) it was considered a mismatch beforehand and b) Rebrasse is granite, which nobody knew, including himself, until after the fight.

2. Rocky Fielding and Hadillah Mohoumadi, two 1st round Smith sparko victims, have victories over Rebrasse, so how you rate him top is beyond me. The man is hard-as-nails but low-level European class at best. Skjelocka (come on mate, talk about push the boat out) the same. So, either way, Smith has never faced anyone considered independent top drawer world-level. Fact.

3. However much you downplay Eubank Jr it doesn't change the fact he's proven at a higher level than Smith. Old Abraham, Spike, even Blackwell and Yildrim and Quinlan all have mixed it in and around world-class, they have wins over Geale and Periban and Ryder, they are/were all independently ranked higher than Rebrasse or Skjelocka. I don't even need Groves or Saunders to show Jr has fought at a higher level to Smith.

Now lets be honest, you despise Eubank Jr so will downplay anything I say about him, you're already probably typing about how shit Yildrim and Blackwell are and what not. But all that shit is irrelevant, compared to Smith's previous competition Jr is a step up in class.

Not sure what "short memory" means? I've never said Jr was tom-tit or claimed his loss to Groves was the end of his career. In fact the opposite. I believe Jr has proven that if matched with an elite level fighter whose style suits, he has a great chance of winning, therefore is a possible "world" champion at least.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Groves beat him 12-0. The only reason it was considered a tough fight is because a) it was considered a mismatch beforehand and b) Rebrasse is granite, which nobody knew, including himself, until after the fight.

2. Rocky Fielding and Hadillah Mohoumadi, two 1st round Smith sparko victims, have victories over Rebrasse, so how you rate him top is beyond me. The man is hard-as-nails but low-level European class at best. Skjelocka (come on mate, talk about push the boat out) the same. So, either way, Smith has never faced anyone considered independent top drawer world-level. Fact.

3. However much you downplay Eubank Jr it doesn't change the fact he's proven at a higher level than Smith. Old Abraham, Spike, even Blackwell and Yildrim and Quinlan all have mixed it in and around world-class, they have wins over Geale and Periban and Ryder, they are/were all independently ranked higher than Rebrasse or Skjelocka. I don't even need Groves or Saunders to show Jr has fought at a higher level to Smith.

Now lets be honest, you despise Eubank Jr so will downplay anything I say about him, you're already probably typing about how shit Yildrim and Blackwell are and what not. But all that shit is irrelevant, compared to Smith's previous competition Jr is a step up in class.

Not sure what "short memory" means? I've never said Jr was tom-tit or claimed his loss to Groves was the end of his career. In fact the opposite. I believe Jr has proven that if matched with an elite level fighter whose style suits, he has a great chance of winning, therefore is a possible "world" champion at least.

Scores wise, Groves beat Rebrasse as easy as he did Eubank, but Rebrasse was way more competitive than Eubank was and gave Groves a lot more trouble than Eubank did. you can either go by what you actually see or you can make stats read what you want them to read. up to you, but I know what I prefer.

2. Rocky Fielding and Hadillah Mohoumadi, two 1st round Smith sparko victims, have victories over Rebrasse,
    All about timing really. the Rebrasse that Fielding beat had already had a lot taken out of him by Groves. Also , I happen to think that Fielding would probably beat Eubank at SMW.

so how you rate him top is beyond me. The man is hard-as-nails but low-level European class at best. Skjelocka (come on mate, talk about push the boat out) the same.
    Again, at the time, better than anyone Eubank has actually beat.
    So, either way, Smith has never faced anyone considered independent top drawer world-level. Fact.
    And the only times Eubank has , he's been embarrassed. FACT.

3. However much you downplay Eubank Jr it doesn't change the fact he's proven at a higher level than Smith. Old Abraham, Spike, even Blackwell (fuck me, now who's pushing the boat out?)
    and Yildrim and Quinlan all have mixed it in and around world-class,
    Really?
    they have wins over Geale
    (finished chasing paydays at higher weights.)
    and Periban
    (6 years too late)
    and Ryder,
    Who I also think beats Eubank.
    they are/were all independently ranked higher than Rebrasse or Skjelocka. I don't even need Groves or Saunders to show Jr has fought at a higher level to Smith.

Now lets be honest, you despise Eubank Jr
    Very true, undeniable
    so will downplay anything I say about him, you're already probably typing about how shit Yildrim and Blackwell are and what not.
    so if you know that , why put them in?
    But all that shit is irrelevant, compared to Smith's previous competition Jr is a step up in class.

Not sure what "short memory" means? I've never said Jr was tom-tit or claimed his loss to Groves was the end of his career. In fact the opposite. I believe Jr has proven that if matched with an "elite level fighter whose style suits",
    by that you clearly mean someone who stands there and lets him get his punches off and doesn't have a lot of ringcraft. The only flaw in your belief is that not many get to "elite level" without those qualities. Cue AA! yes , only the Abraham Eubank beat was not the Abraham that got anywhere near to "Elite level." not dissimilar to the Haye that Bellew beat being a shadow of the Haye that got to elite level for example.
    he has a great chance of winning, therefore is a possible "world" champion at least.
    Well because people have orgasms just at the thought of his name, unfortunately he is going to get more opportunities than he rightfully earns or deserves. But hey, he's been IBO champion of the World hasn't he?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Scores wise, Groves beat Rebrasse as easy as he did Eubank, but Rebrasse was way more competitive than Eubank was and gave Groves a lot more trouble than Eubank did. you can either go by what you actually see or you can make stats read what you want them to read. up to you, but I know what I prefer.

2. Rocky Fielding and Hadillah Mohoumadi, two 1st round Smith sparko victims, have victories over Rebrasse,
    All about timing really. the Rebrasse that Fielding beat had already had a lot taken out of him by Groves. Also , I happen to think that Fielding would probably beat Eubank at SMW.

so how you rate him top is beyond me. The man is hard-as-nails but low-level European class at best. Skjelocka (come on mate, talk about push the boat out) the same.
    Again, at the time, better than anyone Eubank has actually beat.
    So, either way, Smith has never faced anyone considered independent top drawer world-level. Fact.
    And the only times Eubank has , he's been embarrassed. FACT.

3. However much you downplay Eubank Jr it doesn't change the fact he's proven at a higher level than Smith. Old Abraham, Spike, even Blackwell (fuck me, now who's pushing the boat out?)
    and Yildrim and Quinlan all have mixed it in and around world-class,
    Really?
    they have wins over Geale
    (finished chasing paydays at higher weights.)
    and Periban
    (6 years too late)
    and Ryder,
    Who I also think beats Eubank.
    they are/were all independently ranked higher than Rebrasse or Skjelocka. I don't even need Groves or Saunders to show Jr has fought at a higher level to Smith.

Now lets be honest, you despise Eubank Jr
    Very true, undeniable
    so will downplay anything I say about him, you're already probably typing about how shit Yildrim and Blackwell are and what not.
    so if you know that , why put them in?
    But all that shit is irrelevant, compared to Smith's previous competition Jr is a step up in class.

Not sure what "short memory" means? I've never said Jr was tom-tit or claimed his loss to Groves was the end of his career. In fact the opposite. I believe Jr has proven that if matched with an "elite level fighter whose style suits",
    by that you clearly mean someone who stands there and lets him get his punches off and doesn't have a lot of ringcraft. The only flaw in your belief is that not many get to "elite level" without those qualities. Cue AA! yes , only the Abraham Eubank beat was not the Abraham that got anywhere near to "Elite level." not dissimilar to the Haye that Bellew beat being a shadow of the Haye that got to elite level for example.
    he has a great chance of winning, therefore is a possible "world" champion at least.
    Well because people have orgasms just at the thought of his name, unfortunately he is going to get more opportunities than he rightfully earns or deserves. But hey, he's been IBO champion of the World hasn't he?
    Great debate/argument, still sceptical about the hipsters favourite throwing the first six rounds away every time he meets a real boxer.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no debate, it's just two opinions, one fella (primo) thinks Eubank isn't worthy of sharing the ring with Callum Smith, the other fella (Fenster) thinks it's a 50-50-ish matchup.

@primo - You just repeated everything you originally said (which I predicted)

Rebrasse gave Groves more barney than Jr? Fine. Fielding and Skjelocka better than anyone Eubank beat? Fine. Fielding would beat Eubank (love to see you put your mortgage on that)? Fine.

Oh this was new, Ryder beats Jr (actually that's a decent comeback fight for Jr, most people didn't see Blackwell smash Ryder to bits, as it was tucked away on one of those big PPV events).

Why did I bring up Eubank's victims? Because YOU said I wasn't allowed to mention Saunders or Groves!!! ()

Look mate, I don't give a monkies about what fighters "deserve," i'm just interested in great matchups. Obviously you think Jr is useless whereas I don't. There's nowhere else to go with this.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Smith/ CEJ is a decent match up. I don't think it should be the final tho.

Ryder's on a decent little run.

I'm not sure why the organizers aren't willing to postpone the final for a couple of months, Groves/ Smith sells well I'm sure, so why the rush to push through with an inferior final?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Eubank Jr contesting the final would be a big shame for the tournament too, it all went so great then we've had both finals falling through. However, they're probably rushing it through because they need to end this comp before starting the new ones.

Ryder was actually a substitute for this tournament in the event of a pull out, however, the truth is they need the right guys to sell the event too. Unfortunately Callum Smith isn't selling out any major venue like the 02 without a famous name opposite him.
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-12-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like this isn't a rumour anymore, they are due to make an announcement and Jr has got the nod.

One good thing is that if Smith beats him then that is 3 domestic rivals that have beaten Jr

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get that they can’t wait around for Groves forever , that’s very unfortunate, but fair enough. Let’s be fair , a shoulder injury for a Boxer could be career ending.
    I just think that with the rumoured purse being banded around , some are saying $4 million,
    a. Surely one of the champions would want that and it gives the tournament a bit of the kudos it deserves. And
    b. A “Lucky loser” shouldn’t be getting that.
    Smith/Eubank could well be a decent match up, but not for everything this is for.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I get that they can’t wait around for Groves forever , that’s very unfortunate, but fair enough. Let’s be fair , a shoulder injury for a Boxer could be career ending.
    I just think that with the rumoured purse being banded around , some are saying $4 million,
    a. Surely one of the champions would want that and it gives the tournament a bit of the kudos it deserves. And
    b. A “Lucky loser” shouldn’t be getting that.
    Smith/Eubank could well be a decent match up, but not for everything this is for.
    Agreed. For that money, I feel like somebody else would step up and fight. It would be one thing if Eubanks lost a close fight with Groves, but he got beat easily. It is a very anticlimactic ending the the tournament.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is that the delusional fool actually believes that he beat Groves so he will feel as though he is the rightful finalist anyway

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see Eubank Jr turning into a UK version of Adrien Broner. He’s still be a draw, even though nobody rates him.

But Kalle is adamant that the final won't be put back.

• Quater-finalists got around $1miilion each.
    • Semi-finalists got 2.5million.
    • The 2 finalists will be sharing $8million or more.

So even though Eubank's Jr lack of technical ability and discipline were seriously exposed by Groves he could walk away with 6 and half mill.

Smith v Groves is a cracking 50/50 fight but I'd lean towards Smith at this point. If the final consists of any combination other than Smith and Groves then it's a failure in my eyes.
    Last edited by DenilsonTheReturn; 05-14-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I liked Jr but he let himself down very tough but he seemed very limited in his boxing ability Groves schooled him he looked very poor and his stock has gone down with the fans.!

Thread Information