Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outside of Mayweather and Pac is anyone else in boxing making significant money ?????

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Outside of Mayweather and Pac is anyone else in boxing making significant money ?????

I just found out that Andre Ward is worth 2 million dollars, that is sad considering he is boxings pound for pound best fighter outside of Mayweather.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Outside of Mayweather and Pac is anyone else in boxing making significant money ?

Klitschko Brothers aka The Righteous bros makes shitload but unlike Floyd and Pac, they dont splurge money like foos.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Outside of Mayweather and Pac is anyone else in boxing making significant money ?

Depends what you consider significant money

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Depends what you consider significant money
    Top fighters of the 80's and 90's seemed to get paid way more than that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna win $100 in the predictions contest.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I'm gonna win $100 in the predictions contest.
    You are gonna have to go through me.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broner and Mallignaggi got 7 figures for last fight. Thats significant enough. Macklin got 300k for fighting GGG, and prob got more against Sergio. Fury gonna get 7 figures against Haye. Not much they can compalin about.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Broner and Mallignaggi got 7 figures for last fight. Thats significant enough. Macklin got 300k for fighting GGG, and prob got more against Sergio. Fury gonna get 7 figures against Haye. Not much they can compalin about.

Wow Mallignaggi got 7 figures, he must have a hell of a promoter.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Rice View Post

Wow Mallignaggi got 7 figures, he must have a hell of a promoter.
    He was the world champ remember. I think he got like 1.1 mil and Broner got 1.5

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wladimir was in the mid 20s in the list of 100 top earning sport starts of 2012, obviously floyd and pac man were way ahead, I think wladimir made 26 million dollars in 2012... according to the list... not bad... it inculdes sponsor deals and so on... I think floyd pacman and wlad were the only 3 boxers in the list

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone know how much Lucas makes per fight. I bet his stock is going up. I am curious to know what he and Garcia will make on the undercard.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone think they dont make enough? Floyd makes 100 mil a year and has 2 fights? I would guess Ward made at least a mil from the Froch fight. Think he got 600k for the Allan Greene fight which is far too much for him to be getting paid cz he is so boring to watch. If you want to get paid more you have to sell tickets and PPVs which he just doesnt.

I wouldnt worry about how much any of the guys at the top are getting paid. More worried about journey men and prospects who get injured and have no alternative career prospects
    Last edited by Silkeyjoe; 08-07-2013 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone think they dont make enough? Floyd makes 10 mil a year and has 2 fights? I would guess Ward made at least a mil from the Froch fight. Think he got 600k for the Allan Greene fight which is far too much for him to be getting paid cz he is so boring to watch. If you want to get paid more you have to sell tickets and PPVs which he just doesnt.

I wouldnt worry about how much any of the guys at the top are getting paid. More worried about journey men and prospects who get injured and have no alternative career prospects
    Floyd made 46 million for the Ortifz fight my friend. He could hit 100 mil for the Alvarez fight. Montiel made a million for the first time in his career against Donaire. The separation is truly out of this world.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Does anyone think they dont make enough? Floyd makes 10 mil a year and has 2 fights? I would guess Ward made at least a mil from the Froch fight. Think he got 600k for the Allan Greene fight which is far too much for him to be getting paid cz he is so boring to watch. If you want to get paid more you have to sell tickets and PPVs which he just doesnt.

Floyd made 46 million for the Ortifz fight my friend. He could hit 100 mil for the Alvarez fight. Montiel made a million for the first time in his career against Donaire. The separation is truly out of this world.
    Yea was a typo meant to be 100 mil not 10 mil. I wouldnt have thought Montiel would have got a mil for the Donaire fight. In any case he is making enough to live comfortably when he retires. Unfortunately fighters seem to think their career will never end and spend the money quicker then it comes in.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Edwin Rodriguez was paid $650k for beating Grachev and Grachev got $350k in defeat.

Berto was getting paid over $1M for his previous fights on HBO a few years ago.

Thread Information