Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan v Saul Alvarez

It's almost as thought they were afraid if they didn't say it, it would never get said allowed by anyone on camera. God bless them for giving the fans a voice in this sham. Especially with Alvarez saying GGG had to "earn a fight with him".
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has 1 person picked Canelo against GGG? Not a troll job, does 1 person really believe Canelo will win that fight?

2nd part, if absolutely nobody believe Canelo stands a chance why do people want to see it?

GGG Vs the 4th or 5th best JR Middleweight yippee! I say F that. I say Canelo dumps the belt, and GGG is quicker to moving on to finally fighting someone on his level.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Has 1 person picked Canelo against GGG? Not a troll job, does 1 person really believe Canelo will win that fight?

2nd part, if absolutely nobody believe Canelo stands a chance why do people want to see it?

GGG Vs the 4th or 5th best JR Middleweight yippee! I say F that. I say Canelo dumps the belt, and GGG is quicker to moving on to finally fighting someone on his level.
    He may fight at the weight because he can make the weight, but he's the same size as GGG

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to say I told you so. Respect to Khan for taken the fight. I actually like Khan so I thought it was crazy fight to make. We have weight classes for a reason and we were reminded of that once again today. In a way it was the best possible outcome for Khan. He got taken out quick and suffered minimal damage.

I don't go in for the "Khan was boxing his ears off till he got caught" line either. I had it level at the time. Where is Khan going to go now ? Is going to go cap in hand to brook ? His market value is lower than a snakes belly now but I still think Khan will slit his throat b4 letting Brook beat him. Irony is the welterweight division is much hotter than the middleweights

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Canelo broke Khan's rib or ribs ... there was blood on the side when he fell
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cracking shot at the end. Canelo got a read on Khan much quicker than I thought he would. Khan needed to feint more and became pedestrian fairly suddenly.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    I hate to say I told you so. Respect to Khan for taken the fight. I actually like Khan so I thought it was crazy fight to make. We have weight classes for a reason and we were reminded of that once again today. In a way it was the best possible outcome for Khan. He got taken out quick and suffered minimal damage.

I don't go in for the "Khan was boxing his ears off till he got caught" line either. I had it level at the time. Where is Khan going to go now ? Is going to go cap in hand to brook ? His market value is lower than a snakes belly now but I still think Khan will slit his throat b4 letting Brook beat him. Irony is the welterweight division is much hotter than the middleweights
    The first two rounds were easy to score Khan rounds. The next couple of rounds were closer, but Khan was still outlanding Canelo. In saying that though Canelo was starting to get through with body shots. The 5th was a Canelo round with more body work and a big shot up top and then the next round it was all over. Khan was easily up at the end of the 5th IMO, but he was slowing probably due to the body work and all the movement he was making at an unnatural weight. The KO was an expected outcome.

I feel really sorry for Amir this time out as he was always too small for this and everybody knew as much. The only people thinking Khan could win were those who probably wanted him to win based on hope rather than reason. That was a brutal KO and the way Khan crumpled felt all too familiar. It was foolish to jump in weight like he did and it is a shame nobody advised him against it. That was a Hatton/Pac style stoppage and I am not sure where he can go from there. It looked really serious at first.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo might wanna stay as far away from golo as far as he can cause he gets messed up bad

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me, and I'm assuming for most people, it's an issue that Canelo claims to be the middleweight champion and we all want to see him get destroyed by GGG. I don't want it to be competitive. I want GGG to beat him throughout the fight then stop him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

For me, and I'm assuming for most people, it's an issue that Canelo claims to be the middleweight champion and we all want to see him get destroyed by GGG. I don't want it to be competitive. I want GGG to beat him throughout the fight then stop him.
    It's human nature to want to see a bully get a taste of his own medicine.

Canelo is very clever on there, patient, and confident. He's a sharp fighter and I feel would be competitive against GGG. Unfortunately for Canelo, GGG possesses all of those qualities plus far more punching power.

I'd give Canelo a slight defensive edge, but that's it. Khan fought bravely tonight and did well for a while. I don't see GGG outright KOn Canelo, but more likely TKOn him or at least dropping him twice en route to a....draw lol

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It went the way pretty much as I expected
    Khan boxed really well and got caught with a devastating punch and it was good night.
    He did show some balls taking the fight, Khan is a fine boxer but his chin is a big factor in his fights.
    Hopefully if Khan fights on he will face Brook he still is a big draw and a fight I would like to see.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    It went the way pretty much as I expected
    Khan boxed really well and got caught with a devastating punch and it was good night.
    He did show some balls taking the fight, Khan is a fine boxer but his chin is a big factor in his fights.
    Hopefully if Khan fights on he will face Brook he still is a big draw and a fight I would like to see.
    he boxed really badly, did not throw any leather, just couple bursts in counter attack. I expected him throwing more quick 1-2-3 like against Alexandr, he would have lasted longer ....
    Last edited by SugarBoxing; 05-08-2016 at 05:12 PM.
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched it. Went exactly as I and most thought. Was never going to stay away for 12 rounds.

Strange post fight from Hunter turning it on Alvarez to step up.

Yes he was bigger but Khan still got caught. A decent 147 pounder landing same on Khan would have same outcome.

Think Khan will have one more pay day and out. He'll avoid Brook
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Just watched it. Went exactly as I and most thought. Was never going to stay away for 12 rounds.

Yes he was bigger but Khan still got caught. A decent 147 pounder landing same on Khan would have same outcome.

I'm not sure about a 147 giving Khan a one punch ko he's took some monster shots before from people in his weight class and always gets up, the weight advantage really showed last night that was a brutal ko

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

I'm not even sure about one last payday. I don't believe Khan will get back down to 147. If they do fight, expect another bullshit CW at 150 or 151, purely for the sake of making them both big bucks with nothing at stake. This is what bugs me, meaningless fights proving fuck all but giving them massive pay days.
    Fucking joke really.

Thread Information