Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Chavez Jr. WORLD CHAMPION !

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Congratulations Chavez Jr. WORLD CHAMPION !

Well the powers that be (WBC and HBO) finally gave Junior a fucking World Title...

The kid took on a guy with no KO power, and who lil Junior outweighed 15 pounds.

Even then he got lit up with some fast clean combos to the face by Zbik.

Junior pressed and did some hard body shots, but as Kellerman was saying, do we score body shots that are supposed to take effect later in the fight over CLEAN HEAD SHOTS

Lil shit got away with a ton of low blows too, he was putting his head down real low to begin with, not like Zbik was pullin his head way down there. It was there already.

That said, it was a pretty good fight, a hell of a lot better than I expected it to be.

I don't know about that decision, part of me says Chavez did more damage, but part of me thinks Zbik won a lot of early and middle rounds that Ledderman was busy giving away to Chavez Jr.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Congratulations Chavez Jr. WORLD CHAMPION !

P.S. I apologize for the spoiler folks. I just watched 3 hours of straight boxing and I'm a little out of it and pissed that Johnson couldn't seal the deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The jokes over, put him in with Cotto or Martinez. Hes now a world champ, the whole no amateur experience thing can only be an excuse for so long but not when your a world champ. Time to fight the big boys, man up or get the fuck out.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    The jokes over, put him in with Cotto or Martinez. Hes now a world champ, the whole no amateur experience thing can only be an excuse for so long but not when your a world champ. Time to fight the big boys, man up or get the fuck out.
    I think Angulo or Cintron would get he job done.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wasn't greatest pf performances but I thought it was a earned win. I gave Zbik the first 5 rounds. Chavez took the last 7

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    I think Angulo or Cintron would get he job done.
    They would get the job done, but I prefer Martinez because that way we are likely to have Chavez Jr dribbling all over the place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow, some people do hate Jr. around here. It was the same for Sr. when he fought for his first belt on his 43rd fight.

Aaaaanyways, I don't think Jr. has any business with the top contenders really. Having the belt doesn't really mean much for me in his case. He has A LOT of space for improvement and maturing.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Wow, some people do hate Jr. around here. It was the same for Sr. when he fought for his first belt on his 43rd fight.

Aaaaanyways, I don't think Jr. has any business with the top contenders really. Having the belt doesn't really mean much for me in his case. He has A LOT of space for improvement and maturing.
    I don't like fighters who get things handed on a plate. We tend to see it with Olympic medal holders and the offspring of former champions. Being the son of a film star does not entitle you to a lead role and that is what has been given to Chavez jr in his pro career. PPV's fighting tomato cans? Now he's a 'champ' they should stick him in with someone good, time to sink or swim. I think he sinks because he is extremely limited.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

I don't like fighters who get things handed on a plate. We tend to see it with Olympic medal holders and the offspring of former champions. Being the son of a film star does not entitle you to a lead role and that is what has been given to Chavez jr in his pro career. PPV's fighting tomato cans? Now he's a 'champ' they should stick him in with someone good, time to sink or swim. I think he sinks because he is extremely limited.
    So in other words despite having a famous last name and a pretty good following that pays to see him fight Chavez Jr should just be like

"Nah, don't pay me 600k. Give me $500. That's what I deserve."

It don't work that way. Like it or not Boxing is a buisness. And bottom line is Chavez Jr brings in fans. Just like some sons suffer cuz of Sins of the father. Some reap the rewards of theres.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off in what fucking useful sense is Chavez a middleweight?

180 in the ring? 180?

Neither guy showed much in the way of talent or skill. Both showed a fair amount of desire and guts though.

If I were managing Chavez? I'd give Zbik a rematch and tell Sergio Martinez to lose our phone number.

As dismal as 160 is it can't really be true Chavez is even one of the top ten middles on the planet, can it?
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

So in other words despite having a famous last name and a pretty good following that pays to see him fight Chavez Jr should just be like

"Nah, don't pay me 600k. Give me $500. That's what I deserve."

It don't work that way. Like it or not Boxing is a buisness. And bottom line is Chavez Jr brings in fans. Just like some sons suffer cuz of Sins of the father. Some reap the rewards of theres.
    I know it doesn't work that way, but silver spoons in mouths turn off a lot of people. Sure there are some people paying to watch this kid, but there are just as many people saying 'what a con'. All I am doing is explaining why there might be some dislike for him. It's certainly one of the reasons I don't particularly like him. You don't like British fighters, I don't like spoiled rich kids, that's all. Plus I don't think he is very good, so want to see it put to an end ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look unfortunately i think if a guy is going to use the lack of amateur experience excuse then thats fine as long as they arent hyped until they are ready to compete with real contenders. But Chavez now has a title (whether it means anything or not...its still a title), your not supposed to win one if youve got fuck all experience and cant fight for shit. So that excuse disappears now, its time to fight some names. If he gets beaten then that whats happens. Hes might not be any better of a fighter if he fights another 60 bums, he could remain just the way he is. You get experience from fighting against the best so its time to step up.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

contenders? hell just cause Chavez Jr has a strap it doesn't change the fact that he himself is a contender, the one and ONLY middleweight champion of the world is Sergio Martinez, the fact that Sulaiman had to rob Martinez of the strap in order for Jr to get it proves that he'll never really step it up, IMO Jr doesn't even get passed Sturm

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So his mandatory is Marco A Rubio? Off what I saw last night his body work will pay dividends and name-backing may be major factor...but aside from that I think Rubio will beat him. Natural size, mobile quick hands with pop and droves of experience. Jr fights gave up height big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think at best Jr pulled out a draw last night...if something like this would have happened in Germany people would be going all day that this would have been a typical german crap decision and that you can only win by ko...anyway...should be a rematch though wouldn't be any difference from last night so why bother...

Hidden Content

Arturo "THUNDER" Gatti 1972-2009

To alcohol...the cause of and the solution to all of lifes problems...- Homer Simpson

Thread Information