Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Death Penalty..

CCTV or video evidence of a crime is pretty much 100% proof.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For murderers, rapists, repeat offenders where it's is 100% they are guilty I'd be fine with it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    I remember watching police having video evidence of a person they caught with drugs on camera only to find later they had edited it and planted the drugs on him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I remember watching police having video evidence of a person they caught with drugs on camera only to find later they had edited it and planted the drugs on him.
    Many people disagree with the death penalty looking at it from the outside..if it was your wife or child would your opinion change?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Many people disagree with the death penalty looking at it from the outside..if it was your wife or child would your opinion change?
    As X said you would want them killed but you would want and expect the right person punished.

I think spending the rest of your life in prison would be hell on earth and the death penalty was an easy way out.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's always the question asked but I would like to think my anti death penalty convictions stand undaunted but I would hate to find out in a case like that

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As X said you would want them killed but you would want and expect the right person punished.

I think spending the rest of your life in prison would be hell on earth and the death penalty was an easy way out.
    Only if life means 23hr lockdown, no TV in a Russian type jail scenario.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of the founding fathers said it is better that 10 guilty men go free rather than one innocent man go to jail. I think we have lost sight of that. There are a number of men who spent decades on death row only to be cleared by DNA. How many innocents got zapped prior to DNA entering the legal realm. I am also against the government gathering a database of the populations DNA

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    One of the founding fathers said it is better that 10 guilty men go free rather than one innocent man go to jail. I think we have lost sight of that. There are a number of men who spent decades on death row only to be cleared by DNA. How many innocents got zapped prior to DNA entering the legal realm. I am also against the government gathering a database of the populations DNA
    DNA certainly changed the game.

(Founding fathers are a bunch of c&@ts)

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How fucking dare u talk about our founders. King George was much better right

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol.

You must be joking.

They're only men...just men.

I don't worship kings either.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol.

You must be joking.

i only worship one man, and you gotta admit king George who was around during the American revolution was nutz

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol.

You must be joking.

i only worship one man, and you gotta admit king George who was around during the American revolution was nutz
    Like your president?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lol.

You must be joking.

Like your president?
    How did u ever become a moderator

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to USA Today, in 2005, the number of prisoners sentenced to death in China was four times higher than all other countries combined.

According to an article in the Independent, a record of 158 prisoners were executed in Saudi Arabia in 2014.

In 1944, a 14-year-old George Junius Stinney Jr. was executed after a brief trial with little proof in South Carolina, USA.

The wrongful conviction and execution of Timothy John Evans in 1950 was one of the reasons the UK abolished the death penalty.

According to the Daily Mail, in China, there are so-called execution vans to avoid transporting condemned prisoners to another location.

According to the Guardian, in 1989, an American man was sent to death row because he was mistaken for someone with the same name and a similar physical appearance.

According to Amnesty International, 105 countries have abolished the death penalty as of September this year.

According to The Atlantic, in 2013, a person could be sentenced to death for being an atheist in 13 countries.

The Guardian revealed that in 2005, a Chinese company used the skin from prisoners who were sentenced to death to develop beauty products.

In 2010, prisoner Ronnie Lee Gardner was executed by firing squad in Utah.

Mexico is one of several countries that will not extradite prisoners to a country with the death penalty.
    Execution by firing squad is legal in the state of Oklahoma.

In ancient Egypt, you could be sentenced to death for killing a cat, even if accidentally.

In the state of Florida, the executioner is a private citizen who is paid $150 per execution. His or her identity must remain anonymous. @darklordal

In the United States, the death penalty is legal in 31 states.

According to the BBC, the death sentence is still legal in Belarus and convicts are executed by firing squad

According to the Guardian, people sentenced to death in the state of Washington can choose hanging as the execution method.

In Japan, prisoners sentenced to the death penalty aren't told when they'll be executed. They must wake up every day wondering if it will be their last.

According to a 2014 Newsweek article, in the US at least one person out of every 25 sentenced to capital punishment is innocent.

Venezuela was the first modern country to abolish death penalty, in 1863.

The Daily Mail revealed that in North Korea, dozens of people have been sentenced to death for owning bibles and watching South Korean movies.

People in Iran have been sentenced to death for leaving Islam.

According to Business Insider, hundreds of people have received the death penalty in China after being convicted of fraud and corruption crimes.

Reuters claims that hundreds of people have been executed in Singapore for drug trafficking in the last 20 years.

According to the website Psychology Today, ice-cream and pie were the most-requested deserts by death row criminals for their last meal.

Newsweek published an article that said corruption crimes in Iran can be punishable by death.

The Dallas News revealed that the drugs used for lethal injections in Texas cost approximately $83.

Bill Cosby fought so that his son's murderer would not be sentenced to death.

Thread Information