Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Haye vs Holyfield

Opinions at Cruiser & Heavy?

I actually think Haye might well win at both - I think he's very underated and expect to be in the minority here.

Just watching Haye vs Klitscho and it's so impressive how good Wlad is here - I sometimes wonder if he's true "golden generation" class but watching that and considering I rate Haye very highly I think he is

Thoughts?
    Last edited by oakleyno1; 12-29-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Although I regard Haye pretty highly, especially at CW, I don't think he compares anywhere near Holyfield.
    We have to remember Holyfield single handedly made CW a popular division before even getting into the HW division, and although it's true that they were both champions at HW , Holyfield was more of a champion than Haye was. The names on Holyfield's resume blow Haye's out of the water.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye vs Holyfield

Holy's chin is too good, haYE DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH KO power. Haye's speed will give Evander some fits for 5-6 rounds but then the georgia junk yard dog takes over in a big way and knocks that piece of garbage's charlatan ass out!

david haye---the Biggest Charlatian ever!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd give a HW Haye a punchers chance against Evander when he had just moved up there himself, say around the time of the Bert Cooper fight or something like that. I don't think Haye could beat Evan Fields though From around the time of the Tyson or Lewis fights say.

El Kabong Guest

Holyfield is too tough, too strong, and too durable....Haye got taken to the limit by Fragomeni for fucks sake!

Heavyweight, cruiserweight, wouldn't matter Evander 'Real Deal' Holyfield all day long and twice on Sunday!

I think Dwight Qawi and Bert Cooper would have given Haye fits! Not to mention Michael Spinks!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Holyfield is too tough, too strong, and too durable....Haye got taken to the limit by Fragomeni for fucks sake!

Heavyweight, cruiserweight, wouldn't matter Evander 'Real Deal' Holyfield all day long and twice on Sunday!

I think Dwight Qawi and Bert Cooper would have given Haye fits! Not to mention Michael Spinks!
    "small" Dwight Qawi would have vexed David haye. Haye would miss every punch. haye cannot fight a bobbing/weaving pressure kind of fighter.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield was a machine at cruiserweight. He was efficient, durable and perfectly conditioned and would have too much for Haye.

At heavyweight Holyfield earned his number 1 position the right way by fighting the top contenders. Haye did not.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would the cruiserweight Holyfield have lost to a 40 year old Thompson?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tex Cobb:"Larry Holmes doesn't hit as hard as Earnie Shavers. Nobody hits like Shavers. If anybody hit harder than Shavers, I'd shoot him.""Earnie Shavers could punch you in the neck and break your ankle."

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This would have been an exceptional battle for sure, and one very closely fought.

Holyfield had the unblemished career at CW whereas Davids was marked by a single loss to a veteran. But in any case, both men fought and beat an excellent cast of opposition.

Holyfield was better at CW than Thompson but that was early in Haye's career.

Holyfield has the more extensive HW career than Haye and fought more decent opponents there overall. Except Holyfield's HW career is marred with extensive losses and featherfistedness whereas Haye is a straight out thrashing machine and KO artist (except Wlad, who Holyfield could never win a round against really anyway).

Holyfield has the chin, the stamina and the brawling mentality which will make him dangerous in close for Haye who has a weak enough chin for Evander to crack, cannot hack the rough-housing or pace that Evander pushes up close.

However the flipside of the coin is that Evander is reasonably easy to hit for a guy like Haye who is probably the fastest HW who ever lved. He is also among the slickest and would avoid most of the Holyfield arsenal and beat Holy to the counterpunch most often and stay out of his range when not punching. The sting of the Hayemaker will keep Holyfield wary of any foolish moves but I think Holyfield will easily survive Haye with his iron chin.

A comparable fight was vs Moorer. Haye would no doubt knock Moorer out cold early as if he were nothing.

I can see David Haye scoring a sound UD win vs Holyfield, but with Holyfield having some great moments too of course. But it could go the other way too.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

"small" Dwight Qawi would have vexed David haye. Haye would miss every punch. haye cannot fight a bobbing/weaving pressure kind of fighter.
    LOLOLOLOLOL

Haye would miss Dwight Kwai! You are high!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    He wouldn't have been decked bu Cunningham either, despite actually being a former cruiser also.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    He wouldn't have been decked bu Cunningham either, despite actually being a former cruiser also.
    Yes, all this proves that Holyfield has a much stronger chin than Haye, definitely.

Bascially the reason Haye vs Holyfield IS a competitive fight is BECAUSE of Holyfield's chin, which was the mainstays of Holyfield's success.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holyfield knocks him out late most likely ever time Haye had speed and power but Holyfeild would make that fight dirty as fuck and were him down. Haye had stamina problems and a chin problem the lose Thompson the creep keeper should hurt him because by his 12 fight Holyfeild was lineal champ. Moorer could ice Haye just as easy not saying he win but Moorer hit like a truck an was fast as shit him self. The buzzsaw could give Haye some big problems as well don't kid your self cw Haye could be out hustled and put to sleep. As for Holyfeild Wald thing rematch with Bowie and his close fight with Lewis at 37 i give him a chance on Wald. Acutely i take step further i say since Holyfeild might be underdog he end up knocking Wald out because that what Holyfeild did he beat people that he should not have. Holyfeild hw career is up and down but shit he fought for 26 years and most of his lose are after 40 which for a fighter who depended on stamina and out put after late 30's can effect them pretty bad because he was not a stone hand man and he was not 10 feet tall so lose of speed and out put pretty much ends it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Would a heavyweight Haye have been turned into a drunk by tub of goo Toney?

At their best in either weight class Holyfield smashes Haye to bits. Haye's only chance is a punchers one.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information