Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: This Is White Privilege

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: This Is White Privilege

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    "If your great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandparents all the way up to YOUR generation had earned ZERO WAGES and ZERO EDUCATION, wouldnt that give your oppressors a head start?"

Mehhhhh, yeah just maybe a COUPLE OF HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS OF A HEAD START.
    And if that was true for blacks then maybe you'd be right, but for that to be true slavery would have had to last a lot longer than it did.....sooooo try again I guess

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    "If your great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandparents all the way up to YOUR generation had earned ZERO WAGES and ZERO EDUCATION, wouldnt that give your oppressors a head start?"

And if that was true for blacks then maybe you'd be right, but for that to be true slavery would have had to last a lot longer than it did.....sooooo try again I guess
    what do you mean "if that were true for blacks"? Are you disputing that for maybe, OH, 10 GENERATIONS OR SO FROM LIKE 1500 TO 1865, that blacks were killed for learning to read and write and were paid zero wages? I dont get your point.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    I just did give you specific examples of racism.

All white people benefit from racism.

Why ? Because you can't have a down without an up. If someone is getting the door slammed in there face, then others must be getting a pass. anyone who argues that white privilege does not exist must also argue that racism does not exist.

These benefits for whites can be

Material (such as greater opportunity in the labour market, or greater net worth, due to a history in which whites had the ability to accumulate wealth to a greater extent than persons of color)

Social (such as presumptions of competence, creditworthiness, law-abidingness, intelligence, etc.)

Psychological (such as not having to worry about triggering negative stereotypes, rarely having to feel out of place, not having to worry about racial profiling.)

If blk people are the targets of discrimination, in housing, employment, the justice system, or elsewhere, then whites, by definition, are being elevated above those persons of color.

The fact that white privilege exists and that all whites have access to various aspects of it, does not, however, mean that all whites are wealthy, or that in competitions for jobs and other opportunities, whites will always win.

But on balance, whites have a head start
    If you say so

You're not white, you can never be white, but you know 100% that every last damn white person there is "benefits from racism"....Certainly you wouldn't allow me to make such a broad sweeping statement about black people seeing how I'm not black and I don't live or experience firsthand the everyday lives of black people....but of course you're right you know, you're black, you cannot be told that you are wrong, least of all by me....because what do I know?

Material - Having a job is a help, lots of young blacks don't have jobs, but then again I can't venture to guess why they wouldn't because such a guess would be racist of course. Learning or being taught to save money is a help, I was taught by my Mom & Dad to save...2 parent household, so obviously there's another white privilege so I can't tell you to learn to save or try to teach you because it would be racist to attempt to intervene in the life of a black man in that manner.

Social - it's....against....the.....law......to....do...... that

Psychological - Offense is never given it is taken....so you "being triggered"....that's a YOU problem, not a ME problem. It's very easy to decide to be a victim......and that's why being a victim isn't something to be celebrated.

What do you owe "whites' head start" to? Slavery? The Tribal nature of Africa before colonization? I am actually curious to get the answer to that question.
    Whites 'Head Start' was due to the fact that white Europeans. Went into the lands of black and brown ppl, killed them, colonized them, robbed them and put them under their yoke and way.

So whites are in the superior position, no matter what the current social or political order is, because of what white Europeans did yesterday. Because today is built on what happened yesterday and tomorrow is built on what happens today.

Now you can be like the guys at stormfront.org or even everyday white folk and go round in circles to try to justify it. Or you can admit it.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@denilson200 DUDE, THATS WHAT i JUST SAID!

El Kabong Guest

what do you mean "if that were true for blacks"? Are you disputing that for maybe, OH, 10 GENERATIONS OR SO FROM LIKE 1500 TO 1865, that blacks were killed for learning to read and write and were paid zero wages? I dont get your point.
    "All the way up to your generation" .......I wasn't born in 1865 Brockton...also who sold blacks into slavery to begin with

I'll take what are "Other black people?" for $2000 Alex!

You can blame only so much on slavery, only so much on segregation, fucking hell there are people wanting segregation right now and they aren't "White Supremacists" either...they're "progressives".

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just did give you specific examples of racism.

All white people benefit from racism.

Why ? Because you can't have a down without an up. If someone is getting the door slammed in there face, then others must be getting a pass. anyone who argues that white privilege does not exist must also argue that racism does not exist.

These benefits for whites can be

Material (such as greater opportunity in the labour market, or greater net worth, due to a history in which whites had the ability to accumulate wealth to a greater extent than persons of color)

Social (such as presumptions of competence, creditworthiness, law-abidingness, intelligence, etc.)

Psychological (such as not having to worry about triggering negative stereotypes, rarely having to feel out of place, not having to worry about racial profiling.)

If blk people are the targets of discrimination, in housing, employment, the justice system, or elsewhere, then whites, by definition, are being elevated above those persons of color.

The fact that white privilege exists and that all whites have access to various aspects of it, does not, however, mean that all whites are wealthy, or that in competitions for jobs and other opportunities, whites will always win.

But on balance, whites have a head start
    If you say so

You're not white, you can never be white, but you know 100% that every last damn white person there is "benefits from racism"....Certainly you wouldn't allow me to make such a broad sweeping statement about black people seeing how I'm not black and I don't live or experience firsthand the everyday lives of black people....but of course you're right you know, you're black, you cannot be told that you are wrong, least of all by me....because what do I know?

Material - Having a job is a help, lots of young blacks don't have jobs, but then again I can't venture to guess why they wouldn't because such a guess would be racist of course. Learning or being taught to save money is a help, I was taught by my Mom & Dad to save...2 parent household, so obviously there's another white privilege so I can't tell you to learn to save or try to teach you because it would be racist to attempt to intervene in the life of a black man in that manner.

Social - it's....against....the.....law......to....do...... that

Psychological - Offense is never given it is taken....so you "being triggered"....that's a YOU problem, not a ME problem. It's very easy to decide to be a victim......and that's why being a victim isn't something to be celebrated.

What do you owe "whites' head start" to? Slavery? The Tribal nature of Africa before colonization? I am actually curious to get the answer to that question.
    Whites 'Head Start' was due to the fact that white Europeans. Went into the lands of black and brown ppl, killed them, colonized them, robbed them and put them under their yoke and way.

So whites are in the superior position, no matter what the current social or political order is, because of what white Europeans did yesterday. Because today is built on what happened yesterday and tomorrow is built on what happens today.

Now you can be like the guys at stormfront.org or even everyday white folk and go round in circles to try to justify it. Or you can admit it.
    So you are saying it was a war and blacks lost. Do you know if black leaders joined the whites to sell slaves and sell off their countries. Just curious, but I read it happened

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"All the way up to your generation" .......I wasn't born in 1865 Brockton...also who sold blacks into slavery to begin with

I'll take what are "Other black people?" for $2000 Alex!

You can blame only so much on slavery, only so much on segregation, fucking hell there are people wanting segregation right now and they aren't "White Supremacists" either...they're "progressives".
    Lyle are you trying to say that in 1865 blacks were really free.? If so, You know that's wrong. Just because slavery was outlawed in 1865 doesn't mean blacks the very next day were totally free and on an equal footing with whites. How many years after 1865 would it take for blacks to try to get a general education and then to be able to be hired at companies by white people do you think?

Lyle are you saying that if a drug addict tried to sell you an immoral or illegal product that it would be okay for you to buy it? It takes two to tango.

White people made the purchase even if there were some corrupt black tribal leaders who set up the sale for them

Hardly excuses whites, does it.?
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 10-14-2015 at 02:56 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Generally people are more attracted to white women. Nobody fancies black birds. Asians prefer Asians.
    Speak for yourself. You can keep your Kate Uptons and Jennifer Aniston and all those other white chicks who are rammed down everyone's throat.

The face of a black woman could turn me on. White women almost always had to be naked to have the same effect. So this was not even a close thing. I'm not here to bash white women.

It’s fine if white men prefer white women because most people prefer their own group, but it’s really ignorant to assume that every man would prefer your racial beauty ideals over their own.

Although I saw white beauty on television all my life. I never thought they were better or more attractive than sistas. I have no interest in white women. I can’t build a strong black family with one. I also believe you can’t fight your oppressor and sleep with your oppressor at the same time. It doesn’t work that way.

Sure if all white women looked like Scarlett Johannsen, Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox then you may have a point in regards to how great looking white women are. But most white women I see on a daily basis are average. But the media puts these women out front as if to say, most white women look like that.

Even the likes of Reese Witherspoon, Katy Perry, Kate Hudson, Paris Hilton, Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock are all average in my opinion and are way over rated. Maria Sharapova is way over rated. If they weren’t famous and I saw them on the street I wouldn’t even look twice.

I think one of the reasons Marilyn Monroe is looked at as such a beauty icon was because of her curvaceous figure. I think whites know that nice butt and hips is what looks best on a real woman. That’s why the media hypes up imitation black women like Kim Kardashian.lol But no thanks,I’d rather have the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    BBC iPlayer - Is Britain Racist?

This is brilliant.

The black fella can't find a lick of racism anywhere. Useless.

Martha, a black woman that runs a cafe, has suffered racism because a customer told her the grub was rubbish.

If you give away free doughnuts whilst wearing a mask it will take you a couple of minutes longer to off them than if you let people see your face.
    Racism is not an angry thing. It's a system. They don't say "We only want upper middle class whites at Cambridge or Oxford or Harvard uni" but they create a system which pretty much ensures that. So when you see black people in high numbers jail, out or work, shot, homeless, that's the system of racism working as it should.

Couple of other things. Whites benefit from racism, psychologically and often materially. This causes them to turn a blind eye, to make excuses. Also the press, universities, scientific journals, museums, schoolbooks are controlled by whites, so they control what ppl think is the truth.

Racism makes you blind to racism and allows whites to live in a racist society and not notice. It seems “normal”. Blacks have twice the unemployment rate of whites? There must be something wrong with blacks. Whites live in neighbourhoods that are over 90% white? It is natural to want to live with one’s own.

That is a collection of ugly girls there fella - first ones worth a go but the other two are dogs.
    Show me any white girl who is better.

I could show you plenty but i really don't need to
    Are you trying to start some kind of race thread here?
    Seems a badly disguised attempt to kick off something to me

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brock, if you think you can reason with a racial idiot I hate to say it makes you An idiot. Big D said a while ago no white person would ever spend time voluntarily with a person of color. As soon as he said that I lost all respect for him. Yes, America commuted a travesty against People of color but denilson200 is no better than the most racist of whites. It started raining I had to stop my driveway project

El Kabong Guest

Lyle are you trying to say that in 1865 blacks were really free.? If so, You know that's wrong. Just because slavery was outlawed in 1865 doesn't mean blacks the very next day were totally free and on an equal footing with whites. How many years after 1865 would it take for blacks to try to get a general education and then to be able to be hired at companies by white people do you think?

Lyle are you saying that if a drug addict tried to sell you an immoral or illegal product that it would be okay for you to buy it? It takes two to tango.

White people made the purchase even if there were some corrupt black tribal leaders who set up the sale for them

Hardly excuses whites, does it.?
    It took until my generation obviously because that's what you said. Which means the 1980's......so you're telling me before the 1980's blacks were still if not slaves then segregated and if not segregated then prejudiced against and if not prejudiced against at a disadvantage and if not at a disadvantage psychologically, emotionally scarred from accomplishing anything.

Depends on who is saying it's illegal or immoral

A black man (freed indentured servant....like a lot of the ancestors of white people) owned the first slave in colonial America. Antonio "Anthony" Johnson and he had 5 indentured servants of his own, 4 white, and 1 black, and the 1 black, John Casor, is who the court said Mr. Johnson owned outright seeing how he was an indentured servant who filed suit to try and attain his freedom.

Hahaha "some corrupt black tribal leaders"......Brockton you rube back in the day there was no such thing as "Prisoners of War" in the way we think of them....you either won the battle, died on the field, or were beaten, captured and either made a slave or assimilated into the other tribe....."some corrupt leaders".....dude that's how ALL tribes work, that's how Native Americans did shit, that's how Aztecs did shit, that's how the Arabs and Persians and everyone else worked.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I need to get me some of this privilege Someone has been holding out on me son

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That sums up capitalism. Get in there first, build something up through exploitation, then later on use your connections to funnel free money and advantages from the government whilst everyone else flounders. Rather than have slaves of a specific race you instead have slaves of every type imaginable and billions of 'em!

El Kabong Guest

So you're a victim of history is what you're telling me? You can't achieve now because of what happened hundreds if not thousands(the actual creation of the institution of slavery) of years ago?

Awesome....that seems fixable and not completely moronic to complain about

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

That sums up capitalism. Get in there first, build something up through exploitation, then later on use your connections to funnel free money and advantages from the government whilst everyone else flounders. Rather than have slaves of a specific race you instead have slaves of every type imaginable and billions of 'em!
    @El Kabong acts like he doesn't understand that @Gandalf

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was just in Waterbury CT a tough city. Had to go to a very bad section to pick up supplies for a home improvement project I'm doing. On the way out I was approached by two African Americans who I guess could be perceived as thugs. They asked me for a cigarette. I then had a twenty minute conversation with them about the debate last night. They wanted to know what I thought of the black lives matter question. Two decent guys, I wish @denilson200 could realize events like this are everyday in America. It's such a shame the way he views us whites on a whole

Thread Information