Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Come on Carl Froch haters

Carl deserves credit now that fight on Saturday night was a great display of heart,chin and sheer determination Froch would not be denied. I used to be a critic of Froch not so much of his fighting ability but how he spoke after a fight but now he backs up his boasts his fight with Paschall was a war a great fight to watch then to follow that straight up with a defence against the number 1 contender Jermain taylor was very impressive and the fight itself was very edge of the seat stuff at times. The 12th round was brilliant i was screaming at my tv and jumping around the room and ive got tonsilitus at that so it didnt do my throat any good at all. The excitement for the British crowd in that 12th round must have been immense when your thinking your man is going to lose on points then BANG!! he has Taylor rockin and rolling it was a great win for Froch and to good wins back to back so now all the the doubters must stop doubting. He could have fought someone like a weight drained past his best Eubank for a title then made his first defence against a Bronko Sobot but he did'nt he went to the challengers back yard and gave us all an exciting fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Come on Carl Froch haters

I give him credit for winning, but(im not hating now ) his defence is god damn awful, when he throws the left jab his right hand just drops, he's so open it's scary, if Taylor, not the biggest hitting middleweight can drop him badly I think someone like Kessler would ko him.
    I don't know why he keeps his hands so low he doesn't have the reflexs to get out of the way of punches, he should watch the video of that fight realise how bad defencivly he is and work on it, if he does that i'd give him a good chance against anyone in the division.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a bit ironic that a self-admitted Calzaghe hater, that wont give him credit for anything, starts a thread asking for Froch to get deserved praise.

If Froch was 25 instead of 31 he wouldn't have been defending in Taylor's backyard either
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I give him credit for winning, but(im not hating now ) his defence is god damn awful, when he throws the left jab his right hand just drops, he's so open it's scary, if Taylor, not the biggest hitting middleweight can drop him badly I think someone like Kessler would ko him.
    I don't know why he keeps his hands so low he doesn't have the reflexs to get out of the way of punches, he should watch the video of that fight realise how bad defencivly he is and work on it, if he does that i'd give him a good chance against anyone in the division.
    I agree he's so open I think he has a hard time beating Kessler with out making some serious adjustments to his game but he went down after already being rattled from taking 3-4 heavy shots from Taylor right on his chin and then a left hook/right hook combination... right on his chin.

Other than looking confused as fuck (first time he's ever been down) you could see his eyes were 100% there and his legs were barely affected. Don't think his chin or how hard Taylor can hit are the issue. Just Carls lack of defence.

But yeah, however good his chin is Kessler hits hard enough and is accurate and big enough to floor anybody if he manages to hit them so Froch really needs to work on developing some form of guard.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I agree he's so open I think he has a hard time beating Kessler with out making some serious adjustments to his game but he went down after already being rattled from taking 3-4 heavy shots from Taylor right on his chin and then a left hook/right hook combination... right on his chin.

Other than looking confused as fuck (first time he's ever been down) you could see his eyes were 100% there and his legs were barely affected. Don't think his chin or how hard Taylor can hit are the issue. Just Carls lack of defence.

But yeah, however good his chin is Kessler hits hard enough and is accurate and big enough to floor anybody if he manages to hit them so Froch really needs to work on developing some form of guard.
    i give Froch credit for the win, he won without any controversy at all, but no one can deny the fact that Taylor did make stupid mistakes such as not using his jab for the last 5 rounds, he stayed to stationary, and didn't prepare properly cause his stamina was utter shit, but like i said, that's not Froch's problem, he took advantage of his biggest opportunity Taylor didn't, props to Froch, i'm no hater, i just don't think that Froch is #1 at 168

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And this was'nt froch at his best he made plenty of mistakes he doesnt normally make i think the occasion got to him abit he admitted it himself.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Which fight was Froch at his best?

His best opponent was a slighly worse for wear middle weight, he struggled and got dropped, I dont think its going to get any better for Froch at the ripe old age of 31, his physical prime is behind him, hges making big mistakes in his style of fighting, an even bigger mistake would be to tempt Calzaghe out

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like him but I'll give him way more credit than Calzaghe for going out there on his very first defence against a live former world champion and handling his business.

How long did we have to wait for Calzaghe to fight a live body? That ended up being Robin Reid who many feel won that fight and then Jeff Lacy who was incidently also schooled by Taylor.

I remember Froch saying that he had the reflexes to get away with the hands low style - He should swallow his pride and admit he doesn't or else he's finished.

Also, I think he could probably give Taylor a rematch? I'm sure Taylor would like to right the wrong but he has a stupid habit of gassing and getting knocked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a hater. I'm glad he won. I just dont see whats with the hype. He's showed heart in his fights, big wow. When Froch steps it up he's gonna get outclassed. He was only 3 minutes away this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

froch come good in the end, he def needs to work on his defence , for all his flaws tho he makes up for his with his heart and balls, travelling to taylors backyard for his first defence is unheard of nowadays especially for £450.000 he said he just wants to fight the best out there,i take my hat off to him for that,alot of fighters could take a leaf out of frochs book in that sense, hes a great tv fighter,cant ever see him being in a bad fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

taylor did make him look very beatable tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he looked bad for a few rounds and got caught heavy at times but this was Jermain Taylor former Undisputed middleweight world champ who beat Hopkins twice drew with Winky wright battered William Joppy. If Froch went to the States a 10 defence world champ had been world level for 5 year then fair enough but he has'nt he has just broke into the World stage and fought a war to win the title against a young unbeaten hungry fighter in Pascall then in his 1st defence goes out to the states fights a top draw fighter in taylor who was number 1 contender yes he looked shabby for a few rounds but perhaps the occasion got to him abit but he came back and stopped Taylor in great fashion. Some fighters have safe defence after safe defence then when they cross the pond fight safe fights against old men who are past there best only to get dropped both times in first round struggle to win 1 over 12 and beat other handy but still full 12. I like carl Froch because he is willing to take risks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not a hater of Froch but he certainly is not what I would call a great champion, I have seen plenty of Journeymen do the same thing he did on Saturday and they are not great Journeyman, Froch was battered and at time looked outright embaressing,

He has heart no denying that and you can not take it away from him but Saturday was more Taylor dropping the ball then Froch doing anything more then surviving until the gas ran out

Battle of Stamina went to Froch but what happens when guys like Andrade, Kessler, Bute etc who don't wilt from stamina and hit much harder, can absorb anything Froch throws?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What makes Andrade,kessler and Bute better than Taylor who has only lost to Kelly Pavlik ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tysonbruno View Post
    What makes Andrade,kessler and Bute better than Taylor who has only lost to Kelly Pavlik ?
    If I need to break it down for you...

Kessler- If I need to explain this one then you have not seen him fight

Bute- Would outwork Froch, hits harder then Taylor, would not allow himself to just stand there and take the shots Taylor did (The reason Taylor was KO'd if he held he would not have been stopped), He throws more punches, His defense is better...and he does everything else in the ring better then Froch

Andrade- Come forward no step backwards, hardest hitter of the lot, does not tire easily, he is a fantastic inside fighter

Froch has horrible defense, these guys hit harder then Taylor, They havwe better stamina, Take better shots, they fight rougher, they have a killer instinct, better finishers,

I don't even know why I am explaining this to you

You are either being a wise ass or you knowledge of the sport is less then I give you credit for

Thread Information