Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Alvarez rematch May 2018

Charlo has always shown that he is willing to fight the best. He is just taking whoever will fight him. Jacobs has generally fought whoever they put in front of him. I don’t recall him ducking anyone. Andrade is fair game. He has avoided some fights but is he a MW? BJS had a huge win but has been invisible for a while before that. We will see if he steps up and fights the top fighters in the division.

GGG was kind of waiting around for the Canelo fight but at least he was active. He did also fight Jacobs who was the best fighter he could fight at the time. Canelo completely ducked every other MW in the division and I doubt he fights anybody dangerous after fighting GGG again.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Boxrec has GGG having beat 1 of top 8 MWs, Daniel Jacobs, and that win is very very disputable. His chasing that Canelo $$$ has stopped any notion of cleaning out the division.
    That's one more than the other 7 combined have beat.

In the past year, between Jacobs, Charlo and Andrade they've faced Arias, Heiland and Fox. A round robin to find the best American would make sense. Unfortunately they'd rather chase $$$ then proving who is top dog.
    Blaming the top contenders for the top guys not fighting them? I guess protect the white guys any way possible eh Fenster?

It’s Jacobs fault GGG, Lemieux and BJS all refused to even negotiate with him?

It’s Charlo’s fault GGG said he will never fight him even though he is his mandatory unless he is forced and even then it will be put off as long as possible(technically his trainer said)

How convenient for all the white guys they can refuse to fight the black guys and the black guys get blamed for it. And you suggest they should fight each other. Miss 1900 much?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxrec has GGG having beat 1 of top 8 MWs, Daniel Jacobs, and that win is very very disputable. His chasing that Canelo $$$ has stopped any notion of cleaning out the division.

In the past year, between Jacobs, Charlo and Andrade they've faced Arias, Heiland and Fox. A round robin to find the best American would make sense. Unfortunately they'd rather chase $$$ then proving who is top dog.
    Blaming the top contenders for the top guys not fighting them? I guess protect the white guys any way possible eh Fenster?

It’s Charlo’s fault GGG said he will never fight him even though he is his mandatory unless he is forced and even then it will be put off as long as possible(technically his trainer said)

How convenient for all the white guys they can refuse to fight the black guys and the black guys get blamed for it. And you suggest they should fight each other. Miss 1900 much?
    Ronnie you really are funny. Why even bring race into it? GGG has fought and beat Jacobs in case you forget. How many times do you want him to fight him? Until Jacobs wins.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Ronnie you really are funny. Why even bring race into it? GGG has fought and beat Jacobs in case you forget. How many times do you want him to fight him? Until Jacobs wins.
    Derevyanchenko's available.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Err.. what? White men? Black men?

I named the three Americans from the top eight, race/colour had nothing to do with it (l'll easily prove why). Quite frankly i'm astonished (like, really, really, really shocked) anyone would see skin colour where nationality is the obvious factor.

Simply swap the three Americans for the other three in the top eight - Murata (Japan), Saunders (England) and Derevyanchenko (Ukraine). Now read the sentence again, the EXACT, EXACT same intention applies with an Asian, Eastern European and Gypsy. I merely used the Americans as it's utterly ridiculous that world-class fighters from the same country avoid each other, let alone those separated by oceans.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Err.. what? White men? Black men?

I named the three Americans from the top eight, race/colour had nothing to do with it (l'll easily prove why). Quite frankly i'm astonished (like, really, really, really shocked) anyone would see skin colour where nationality is the obvious factor.

Simply swap the three Americans for the other three in the top eight - Murata (Japan), Saunders (England) and Derevyanchenko (Ukraine). Now read the sentence again, the EXACT, EXACT same intention applies with an Asian, Eastern European and Gypsy. I merely used the Americans as it's utterly ridiculous that world-class fighters from the same country avoid each other, let alone those separated by oceans.
    Preach🛐
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking forward to it. Despite the shit decision it was more than a decent scrap. Some quality rounds in there and Canelo actually proved there is a lot more to his arsenal than his detractors would have you believe. Hope GGG smashes ten bells out of him early on this time though and at leasts tries to get him out of there. It's dangerous but he is capable of doing it if the gameplan and mindset is right and if he doesn't they could end up doing up like a proper Kipper this time, butter an all.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is still the best and biggest match to be made in the division. Canelo proved he has a sturdy chin and boxed well at times with good combinations. I thought he would not survive to see the end of the fight but think he has the experience to survive again but take a beating in the process to lose more decisively.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is still the best and biggest match to be made in the division. Canelo proved he has a sturdy chin and boxed well at times with good combinations. I thought he would not survive to see the end of the fight but think he has the experience to survive again but take a beating in the process to lose more decisively.
    I also didn't think Canelo would make it to the final bell. Even though I thought he lost, he fought well. I'm not sure what happens in the rematch. I like to see GGG put an emphatic stamp on this fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it is possibly the best fight in the division but I’m not completely convinced that either of them beats Charlo, Saunders, or Jacobs (many people thought he beat GGG). Rather than a rematch since we all know who really won, I would rather them fighting other top fighters to see who the best really is.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I think it is possibly the best fight in the division but I’m not completely convinced that either of them beats Charlo, Saunders, or Jacobs (many people thought he beat GGG). Rather than a rematch since we all know who really won, I would rather them fighting other top fighters to see who the best really is.
    It is unfinished business for GGG, he needs to right the wrong that happened.

After that GGG can take care of the contenders and pretenders. It is Canelo that has set the timetable for these fights happening.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After that GGG can take care of the contenders and pretenders. It is Canelo that has set the timetable for these fights happening.
    And it is Golovkin who is dancing to his tune. There’s enough good MW’s out there to ignore Canelo/GBP’s antics. Canelo has only fought at the MW Limit once, and is unlikely to fight any of the better fighters in the division after this.
    @powerpuncher hit the nail absolutely clean on the head.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

And it is Golovkin who is dancing to his tune. There’s enough good MW’s out there to ignore Canelo/GBP’s antics. Canelo has only fought at the MW Limit once, and is unlikely to fight any of the better fighters in the division after this.
    Says the guy who always tells me that I should see the real world and business side in boxing.

You hypocrite.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beans is wrong if he is hoping for 10 bells to be smashed

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Says the guy who always tells me that I should see the real world and business side in boxing.

You hypocrite.
    But IT IS the business side. If Golovkin and the rest of the MW's boycott GBP/Canelo or make him fall in line and fight each other, then their legacies will be enhanced and the money will come.
    By the same way , if Canelo keeps fighting circus shows at Caneloweight, that well will run dry . This was already starting to happen , hence he had to fight GGG.
    I know you think GGG is the be all and end all of the division, and a couple of years ago he was, and I felt the same.
    But fight on fight he is deteriorating and at his age you don't get spikes of improvement. The one most likely to improve from the last fight is Canelo.
    Now I quite like Canelo, I really like GGG , but you can no longer hand on heart say that they are the best in the division. Consequently a rematch does nothing but line their pockets, and as idealistic as it is , I want to see the best fight the best and keep proving they're the best.
    Golovkin used to do that, no doubt about it, But in fighting Brook and Canelo he isn't doing it.
    As big a cunt as old fishnets is, he may well have just about timed this to perfection.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information