Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

https://www.boxingscene.com/erik-mor...edium=facebook

Here’s another article that @TitoFan will love. It’s basically Erik Morales saying that Canelo always fights everyone past their best and that the fans see that.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Had anyone else heard about a 185 rehydration clause for this fight? @TitoFan will love this.

You guessed correctly.

Here's a link. https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41083295-4

"Canelo vs. Kovalev has rehydration clause in contract"

I don't love it, but fully expected it. In fact, I was surprised something like that hadn't come up to this point. After all..... what's a Canelo fight without some kind of weight-related clause stacking the odds in his favor?

Which is why I stand by my opinion that Canelo is one of the most, if not THE most handfed, coddled, overrated, pre-anointed fighter in the history of the sport.

The Franchise Champion tag was created specifically for Canelo. What other fighter can claim an "honor" like that?

So that's right. Hobble the already ripe-for-the-picking Kovalev (the poor fool) by putting a shackle on how weight he can regain.

If I was Kov I'd say fuck it..... show up at whatever weight I want..... and knock Canelo's ginger locks off his shoulders.
    Yea I'm pretty disappointed, I'm impressed it was kept quiet this long. I'm sure team Canelo was saying there was no weight restrictions (although I could be wrong).

I agree with you Tito, Kovalev should just blow it off, pay the fine, if he wins it's all gravy.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-02-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had anyone else heard about a 185 rehydration clause for this fight? @TitoFan will love this.

You guessed correctly.

I don't love it, but fully expected it. In fact, I was surprised something like that hadn't come up to this point. After all..... what's a Canelo fight without some kind of weight-related clause stacking the odds in his favor?

Which is why I stand by my opinion that Canelo is one of the most, if not THE most handfed, coddled, overrated, pre-anointed fighter in the history of the sport.

The Franchise Champion tag was created specifically for Canelo. What other fighter can claim an "honor" like that?

So that's right. Hobble the already ripe-for-the-picking Kovalev (the poor fool) by putting a shackle on how weight he can regain.

If I was Kov I'd say fuck it..... show up at whatever weight I want..... and knock Canelo's ginger locks off his shoulders.
    It always comes back to the same thing. Canelo is a very good fighter. The problem is that there are at the very least 7-8 fighters (if not at least a few more) right now that could be more impressive if they got the same push and the same advantages as Canelo.

I mean look at his countryman Estrada who we are talking about in another thread. I think that Estrada has a better resume and has been as at least as impressive without anywhere near the push. He just isn’t a big name because he’s a small fighter so he gets pushed to the side.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-02-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    https://www.boxingscene.com/erik-mor...edium=facebook

Here’s another article that @TitoFan will love. It’s basically Erik Morales saying that Canelo always fights everyone past their best and that the fans see that.

You know what Canelo defenders are going to say, right? They're going to accuse Morales of sour grapes. It's so obvious the "go-to" defense. Yet Morales is hardly the only past Mexican great who has criticized Canelo and how he has conducted his career. None other than Julio Cesar Chavez had harsh things to say about Canelo a long time ago. He could see the whole Hollywood production coming a mile away.

On another note, good on you guys (you and Alpha) for thinking of Canelo's biggest "fan" when stuff like this comes out. The news about the rehydration clause is truly a gem. Yes, @Alpha ....... I'm surprised this was relatively kept under wraps till now. Obviously they know how the news of it is going to come across, so it's the type of thing you sort of sweep under the rug until it's absolutely necessary to mention it.

BTW, who are the judges? CJ Ross and who else?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guessed correctly.

Yea I'm pretty disappointed, I'm impressed it was kept quiet this long. I'm sure team Canelo was saying there was no weight restrictions (although I could be wrong).

I agree with you Tito, Kovalev should just blow it off, pay the fine, if he wins it's all gravy.
    His anointing on high goes all the way back to the Trout fight. Before that actually but the trout fight said it all
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-02-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You guessed correctly.

If true, that is absolutely disgusting as per usual with that little fraud.
    Last edited by Fenster; 11-02-2019 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually, hearing that makes me think about a recent interview where Kovalev appeared to be a bit cagey talking about size and weight advantages. If this is so, then it is a manipulated fight and against someone who fought very recently. That PLUS a weight clause.....Well.....

Still, hope Canelo gets battered, but that does make you realize it was a very calculated move as always. Some people were just thinking Kov was old, but certainly not handicapped by contractual stipulations.

It makes the fight less interesting.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel a little ripped off. I put money on Kovalev when the odds first came up. I probably would have still bet Kovalev at 5/1, but intitially this rehydration clause wasn't mentioned. Now that it has come to light, my bet doesn't feel as juicy/ solid as I first considered.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo has difficulty stopping best middleweight fighters

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Canelo eat his spinach , he'll be fine.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Kov has that persistent and ram rod jab that can win him the fight. He uses it far more now than his big right hand now and is the bigger man so he may not get knocked out.

Is this fight going to happen now? I thought Kov turned it down.
    Cash out fight for Kovalev. Funnily enough , very similar to last night but with a very different outcome.
    Kovalev will keep Canelo at bay early on , and probably put rounds in the bank but will tire down the stretch and when Canelo gets his opportunity , he will take it with both hands. Depends how long it takes Kovalev to tire. Could be the 6th if Canelo walks him down, but he might take some heavy artillery, or if Canelo wants to be patient and make sure, it could be the 10th.
    Not far away was I ?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kov has that persistent and ram rod jab that can win him the fight. He uses it far more now than his big right hand now and is the bigger man so he may not get knocked out.

Cash out fight for Kovalev. Funnily enough , very similar to last night but with a very different outcome.
    Kovalev will keep Canelo at bay early on , and probably put rounds in the bank but will tire down the stretch and when Canelo gets his opportunity , he will take it with both hands. Depends how long it takes Kovalev to tire. Could be the 6th if Canelo walks him down, but he might take some heavy artillery, or if Canelo wants to be patient and make sure, it could be the 10th.
    Not far away was I ?
    I was close too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not far away was I ?
    I was close too.
    Fenster was pretty much on the money as well, he questioned whether Kovalev would hold on to the end. Most of what I predicted was prior to finding out about the rehydration clause.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information