Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Apple AirPods

I just read a report that Apple AirPods captured 27% of the market share in India. I follow little news blips not just because I have apple stock but it’s always interesting reading about companies that have made such an impact in the world. Anyway I know these things sell like hot cakes. Apple has had to step up production to keep up. I’m not into all the little side gadgets. I’d probably lose the AirPods in a week. I’m fine with just a phone but has anybody used these things? People say they create incredible sound. Of course great speakers greatly enhance music but exactly how good are these things?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Apple AirPods

They are overpriced earphones.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Initially wanted to pick up a pair since I upgraded but haven't. Definitely pricey. I most likely only use half of the features on my phone as it is so other than not having to deal with wires I've been fine without them so far. The fit of most Apple ear buds bugs me and usually prefer some fatty over the ear headphones with emphasis on bass.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    They are overpriced earphones.
    They certainly aren’t cheap but when they sell so well stores run out it says something. And it’s not like there aren’t other options available. I bought a 15 dollar set of headphones, the sound isn’t bad but battery life makes them damn near useful. With all the choices available I think apple being at the top in the wearable tech shit says a lot for their products. I’m thinking the sound and battery life is probably phenomenal. I don’t want to buy them as I don’t use them enough but if you are using something constantly paying a higher price can be justified. A couple years ago I gave my iPhone 6 to someone who was having financial issues and needed a phone. I ran into them a month ago and that damn iPhone 6 is still working. Really I’d just like to listen to a few songs on a set of AirPods so I can experience what everyone is talking about. Those damn Apple watches look very interesting. They have added ekg and other medical tech and are currently working on monitoring panic attacks and using AI to determine what is going on with your body prior to a panic attack. I don’t have one, I’d rather wear a 1964 omega seamaster that just tells me the time. Besides master we all know you are a cheap bastard.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My son has a pair, I've used them on my phone a few times. The sound is better than from a regular set of in the ear Apple earphones. It fucking ought to be right given how much you're paying. Personally I find with any audio visual stuff, you've got to really know what you're looking at or hearing to know if that extra expense is worth it. If you're a musician for example, and you're looking for that extra clarity on components of sound, that extra expense might be a no brainer, whereas it might not be for someone like me who takes a listen on a pair of Airpods, takes a listen on an out of the box set, and comes to the conclusion that the Airpods are 'a bit better'.

I'm the same with TV's. I walk into Costco where they've got all the latest and greatest TV's running, look at the picture quality and think wow. But is is wow enough to spend a couple of grand on a TV as opposed to the few hundred quid I spent on mine?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I spent months of research on the new LG TV 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV with Google Assistant. It only cost £299 when I normally spend a lot more. Looks crystal clear to me.

Probably cheap because 8K is about to come out anyay. Still a good deal.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bought a new TV last week (JVC - couple of hundred sovs), my sister couldn't fit the base stand on, I kid you not, swore blind the screws don't fit. Refused to let me foreman her through it. Nope it was definitely the parts were faulty. Ended up perched on an chair. Works alright.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I bought a new TV last week (JVC - couple of hundred sovs), my sister couldn't fit the base stand on, I kid you not, swore blind the screws don't fit. Refused to let me foreman her through it. Nope it was definitely the parts were faulty. Ended up perched on an chair. Works alright.
    I actually did get a tv that came with two right legs once. Couldn’t put them on properly. I was going to call the company but I just drilled Holes in one and made it work

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think they are a bad idea
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We had our last TV for 17 years. I looked thru loads of reviews across lots of sources and then checked them out before doing a deal in Richer Sounds (6 year Guarantee, Independent British Firm, great customer support) for two (Living Room and Bedroom) with a cashback deal a few months back.

Very pleased with them both. Samsung QLED up there with some OLED screens.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We have had the same TV for about 12 years. I don't really want to change it, but do realize I get less from games visually. There is a battle. The wife wants a new fridge/freezer as that is equally old, but I am stubborn. These things still function fine and I saw a documentary where a 50 year old Cuban fridge was working just fine. Is it necessary? You can spend a thousand pounds on these snazzy new things, but I would sooner spend it on guitars and make some noise. My life and ability to create is finite. But then a good looking game can be beautiful. Food is cold regardless IMO.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    We have had the same TV for about 12 years. I don't really want to change it, but do realize I get less from games visually. There is a battle. The wife wants a new fridge/freezer as that is equally old, but I am stubborn. These things still function fine and I saw a documentary where a 50 year old Cuban fridge was working just fine. Is it necessary? You can spend a thousand pounds on these snazzy new things, but I would sooner spend it on guitars and make some noise. My life and ability to create is finite. But then a good looking game can be beautiful. Food is cold regardless IMO.
    Miles I have a back up fridge. There was a big sale when sears was closing here and I picked up a fridge, washer, dryer and dishwasher. I figured I can use them at my place or my rental. If you want to come see my I can hook you up. It’s a very good LG fridge with extra freezing capacity in case we ever get hit with a pandemic.

Thread Information