Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: FOX SPORTS/BOXNATION -THE ONE -MAYWEATHER v ALVAREZ- SAT NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FOX SPORTS/BOXNATION -THE ONE -MAYWEATHER v ALVAREZ- SAT NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Man, Al Bernstein's been callin' the fights a long time.
    When I was about 13 in 1984, my Dad got a 10 foot satellite dish, and Al Bernstein was callin' the fights, and he'd been at it for a few years already by then.
    He looked older than he was. I thought he was maybe 50 at the time, but he was 34 years old.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Well good night of boxing. I look forward to the 28th.

I kinda wanted to see abit more action in the main event but Mayweather being Mayweather i should of expected another technical fight.
    Same.

Feel a bit empty after that.

Should have put garcia fight on last!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: FOX SPORTS/BOXNATION -THE ONE -MAYWEATHER v ALVAREZ- SAT NIGHT CHAT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Well good night of boxing. I look forward to the 28th.

I kinda wanted to see abit more action in the main event but Mayweather being Mayweather i should of expected another technical fight.
    Exactly, you have to blame Alvarez because everyone knows how Floyd fights by now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good night, fellas...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some celeb spotting

I saw:
    Justin beiber
    Lil Wayne
    Jack Nicholson
    Denzel Washington
    P Diddy
    Wayne Gretsky
    Micheal Phelps
    I am sure Owen Wilson was sat behind P Diddy?

According to twitter Rita Ora was there.

erm anyone else?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another boring performance by Floyd Mayweather, as he pitty-pats & runs for another dull decision win.

He didn't even TRY to stop Canelo, he doesn't make the slightest effort to be exciting. I don't understand why there are a lot of people practically worship him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing needs to start taking suspending these judges seriously. No way Canelo won 6 rounds against Mayweather and you'd have to be looking to give Bradley 7 rounds against Pac but somehow CJ Ross is still judging.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Another boring performance by Floyd Mayweather, as he pitty-pats & runs for another dull decision win.

He didn't even TRY to stop Canelo, he doesn't make the slightest effort to be exciting. I don't understand why there are a lot of people practically worship him.
    Funny - a lot of those pitty-pats turned Canelo's head clean around. I can't stand Floyd, never have, but he doesn't run - he boxes. It may not be your cup of tea, but this is boxing, not fighting - and he's the best at it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Danny the hugging bitch Garcia.
    dunno what fight you were watching, he traded when he needed to
    Rocco is right, Garcia was clinching a lot in the final 3 rounds. It is ugly to watch and it does spoil the fight. However, in saying that, he had to do it.
    He had to do it to survive and it sucks that he was allowed to do it.
    Danny was superb in that fight. you want to see clinching, watch what Floyd does if Saul whacks him
    WHOOPS!!!! Guess you were wrong. @walrus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

master performance by floyd. so who he gonna fight next? i don't see anybody right now that can give him a challenge. he really have to look up to the higher weights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think floyd's gonna have problems with his ppv and gate sales next fight if he doesn't choose his next opponent wisely.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take it Oscar forgot to give Canelo the blueprint?
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    It was an easy fight for Mayweather, but I think most predicted it that way and this fight was never a genuine superfight. Canelo is overrated and in his own way has come through on the Chavez Jnr ticket. He isn't useless, but he isn't very good.

He fought stupidly for the first 6 in letting Mayweather outwork him so easily. I think Hatton and Cotto look even better in retrospect as they showed how to stifle Mayweather. You need footwork and a willingness to make it dirty. Alvarez like a plank decided to try and box. Just silly.

It reminded me a bit of Mayweather/Baldomir. Mayweather needs to stop fighting plodders with low output. I would like to see him face a boxer or someone with footwork who will let the hands go.

Let yourself down there Miles. Alvarez has been lumped in with Chavez Jr by people with bias, watch him with an open mind and the quality was always there to see. Canelo is very Good but underrated and will only get better. Tonight he rubber stamped it. It is a strange thing to say on a night where he was clearly beaten, but Floyd really is that good. Respect to Mayweather, he did a lot tonight to enhance his legacy and proved he has mettle along with the polish. Quality fight.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Justin Bieber Floyd's erĂ´menos?

Floyd must be into ancient Greek culture, such relationships were common there.

Thread Information