Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the top 3 punches that youve seen connect in a Boxing match thru the years

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Whats the top 3 punches that youve seen connect in a Boxing match thru the years

Should create some interest and all down to opinions and who has seen what, but to get started and off the top of my head...and in no particular order..

Tommy Hearns straight right hand vs James "Black Gold" Shuler..
    Azuma Nelson hook/upercut vs Pat Cowdell...
    Byron Mitchell vs Joe Calzaghe....

All of them landed by what was considered at the time Bangers, and all night night sleep tight punches.....except someone forgot to tell Joe he was'nt meant to get up lol
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whats the top 3 punches that youve seen connect in a Boxing match thru the y

Hearns hitting Duran with that vicious KO blow.. i don't think i've seen a punch land so flush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whats the top 3 punches that youve seen connect in a Boxing match thru the years

#1 Michael Sprott knocking out Audley Harrison
    #2 Michael Sprott knocking out Audley Harrison
    #3 Michael Sprott knocking out Audley Harrison

Shall we have another look at it?

[youtube=425,350]NmjzFTJMjzo [/youtube]

Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whats the top 3 punches that youve seen connect in a Boxing match thru the years

I very nearly put that one in, in place of the Shuler one bud....it was a shot and a half wasn't it the same as the Shuler shot, the only reason I chose that one instead was by virtue of Shuler being a hot unbeaten fighter at the time (At least I think he was)
    Hidden Content
    A lot of boxing promoters couldn't match the cheeks of their buttocks. Mickey Duff..

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bambamdaddio
    Should create some interest and all down to opinions and who has seen what, but to get started and off the top of my head...and in no particular order..

Tommy Hearns straight right hand vs James "Black Gold" Shuler..
    Azuma Nelson hook/upercut vs Pat Cowdell...
    Byron Mitchell vs Joe Calzaghe....

All of them landed by what was considered at the time Bangers, and all night night sleep tight punches.....except someone forgot to tell Joe he was'nt meant to get up lol
    Julian Jackson's ko punch vs Herol Graham

Rocky Marcino's ko punch vs Walcott

Thomas Hearns ko punch vs Duran

There's load more like

Razor Ruddock vs Michael Dokes
    Derrick Jefferson v Maurice Harris

I can't realy think though at moment i will give you more later or tommorow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote='Big' Dan McCarthy ]
    #1 Michael Sprott knocking out Audley Harrison
    #2 Michael Sprott knocking out Audley Harrison
    #3 Michael Sprott knocking out Audley Harrison

LOL Nice one Big Dan, how about Trevor Berbick when being asked does Mike Tyson hit that hard, he replied he hits that hard he knocked me down three times with one punch lol
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In all seriousness, if your going for picture perfect 1 punch KO's I know of a few from the history, my knowlegde isn't all the great but George Foreman's KO of Gerry Cooney sticks in my mind, Cooney was sleeping on Foreman's glove like a pillow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[youtube=425,350]A557k5bhJkw[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]RwYosbxpzW8[/youtube]

Hey remember when Heavyweight boxing involved people trying to actually fight?

ICB Guest

Earnie Shavers -vs- Jimmy Ellis 1973

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygN07tWdxpA

Larry Holmes -vs- Earnie Shavers II 1979

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogiPvgoSa6w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now then BDMc that is going back a while ain't it, if my memory serves correct I think they actually looked like athletes too back then lol
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Whats the top 3 punches that youve seen connect in a Boxing match thru the y

Top three

1.Srr-Gene Fullmer 2 Sugar rays left hook

2.Thomas hearns Ko's Roberto duran, Paws to the body crushing strait right to the head

3.Im struggling to think at the mo but Lennox Lewis- Rahman 2 has to be in there i guess
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rahman cracking Lennox Lewis with that devastating, knock out shot in their first fight was a great one. There are many more, but that's the first that comes to mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    Rahman cracking Lennox Lewis with that devastating, knock out shot in their first fight was a great one. There are many more, but that's the first that comes to mind.

Personally all i find that first fight ko as is a testiment to how stupid it is to move backwards with your hands down..Especially in the heavyweight game..

But On the other hand lennox lewis' return ko or rahman i feel was no only more powerful but he stepped into the punch, brilliant and fast like no heavyweight these days could offer.. it was litteraly a split second of timing to step in with that first punchand land it hard, if he hadnt of landed that first the second one wouldnt have been set up,

And GOTTDAMN thats a pretty knockout!
    Lol
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think honourable mentions also go to

Roy Jones' unorthadox lefthook/uppercut that ko'd montell griffin in the second fight

And

Prince naseem Ko over Augie Sanchez
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gave maximum consideration to the quality of the knockoutee, so to speak, when making my decision:

1. Hearns KO's Duran: An all-time top 5 fighter goes down face first.
    2. Foreman KO's Frazier (I): An undefeated champion in his prime, fresh off a defeat of the Greatest, flies up in the air and lands on the canvas.
    3. Ali KO's Liston (II): The sneaky rabbit punch out of nowhere. Assuming you believe it was Ali, not the Mafia, that got to Liston, then this one was a testament to what great speed can do.

Thread Information