Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why so much dislike for Chavez Jr?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why so much dislike for Chavez Jr?

Why do some of you dislike the man so much? Give us some solid examples and reasoning. Wearing speedos, eating cold cereal, being ugly (not true), being protected (brought along slowly and carefully), having rich parents are pretty lame excuses for disliking someone but if that's all you have go ahead, just explain it to us. Look, I don't belong to Jr's fan club (if there is one) or believe fighters shouldn't be fairly criticized. I think Jr proved he belonged in that ring with Martinez, he took his ass whipping for 11.75 rounds, then had Martinez on his fanny and came close to a TKO or even a KO win. I'm glad Martinez won the fight, but Chavez showed he has what it takes to be a champion and will be again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why so much dislike for Chavez Jr?

People hated Chavez Sr. as well back in the day and received pretty much the same feedback “He’s a bum…he’s no good…he fights tomato cans…” and look how far Sr. got and all his boxing accomplishments. He has a well deserved spot in the Boxing Hall of Fame. He beat Puerto Ricans, Americans, Asians, Europeans, etc. left and right. Should have retired earlier in his career but oh well. And then you have HIS SON come out to box, of course people are going to hate him.

It’s like Floyd Mayweather Jr. The guy is skilled, no doubt. But he is easy to hate because of his loud mouth. At least he walks the talk, right? Imagine if he has a son that comes out to box. I can imagine he will be automatically hated.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well..some people on this forum who shall remain nameless will come in here and say that they hate him because he goes up in weight and packs many pounds after the weigh in day..even though everyone has the ability to do this... Amazing huh? They will also tell you he fights bums even though he had no amateur background and had recently began stepping up his competition. Some will create this conspiracy theories how his god father watches over him and stripped Martinez of his belt so he could give it to Chavez. But honestly when it's all said and done most just hate him because he is Mexican ,young the son of a legend and because his fans support him. Guess they are mad at Mexicans for being hardcore fans and following their fighters.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First, people hated him because he didn't get in the ring with Martinez. Now they hate him because he lost. If he changed his last name before he started to box (how about Julio Cesar Perez? ), maybe people would be praising him for being a young boxer with no amateur career who decided to face Martinez.

El Kabong Guest

He's gotten a lot of breaks due to his name and what it means to Mexico and boxing in general. His father was a blood and guts fighter that also had some fights handed to him namely the Whittaker one. JC Jr is just now fighting top talent, he's doing well, but I don't like how he got there when compared to how guys like Andre Ward got to where he is or Sergio Martinez got to where he is....they didn't have their names make it easy for them.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Why do some of you dislike the man so much? Give us some solid examples and reasoning. Wearing speedos, eating cold cereal, being ugly (not true), being protected (brought along slowly and carefully), having rich parents are pretty lame excuses for disliking someone but if that's all you have go ahead, just explain it to us. Look, I don't belong to Jr's fan club (if there is one) or believe fighters shouldn't be fairly criticized. I think Jr proved he belonged in that ring with Martinez, he took his ass whipping for 11.75 rounds, then had Martinez on his fanny and came close to a TKO or even a KO win. I'm glad Martinez won the fight, but Chavez showed he has what it takes to be a champion and will be again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would you like him? He consistently comes off as a spoiled brat and overall douche bag.

Making a trainer come to the gym at a special time just for him... and then not showing up?

Doing whatever he wants because he's rich and has power, like skipping drug tests and having fights tipped in his favor?

As far as I can see there are only two reasons someone would like him.

1) You're a huge JCC Sr fan, and can't bring yourself to root against his son.

2) Everyone hates him (rightfully so) so you wanna be "different" and like the bad guy.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    ...they didn't have their names make it easy for them.
    aka Marvıs Frazıer's tıtle shot at Tyson. I mean wtf was that

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Why would you like him? He consistently comes off as a spoiled brat and overall douche bag.

Making a trainer come to the gym at a special time just for him... and then not showing up?

Doing whatever he wants because he's rich and has power, like skipping drug tests and having fights tipped in his favor?

2) Everyone hates him (rightfully so) so you wanna be "different" and like the bad guy.
    See what I mean, lame, lamer, lamest and silly.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Yea I was like wtf when I saw that too. He/she also posted in my thread that chavez is handsome.....so Im gonna assume he is gay or it is a female poster......or maybe its chavez himself. lol

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You ask for reasons... fair enough. But then people give you reasons and you dismiss them. Let me try to put it in my own way:

The vast majority of big-name fighters nowadays have to work their ASS off to amass 30 or 40 wins at the professional level. Then along comes this spoiled brat (this is where his training habits and his lack of discipline... it must take a lot ($$) for Roach to put up with him), and begins fighting dead bodies as a pro. The excuse given by blind Chavez fans is that he had no amateur career.

WHAT THE FUCK, MORONIC KIND OF EXCUSE IS THAT?!?

What fault is it of anyone that he chose to not have an amateur career? So that gives you a free pass to begin amassing an artificial "pro" record that will be compared to those poor bastards that are fighting good opposition by their 10th fight? I don't think so. Because at the end of it all..... people are just going to look at the numbers. "Oh... he's got 50 or 100 victories? Wow!! He must've been head and shoulders above everybody else!" Bullshit. Most of the victories were with training wheels on. Sergio Martinez himself aluded to this, by saying Junior was undeserving of being a champion..... and it irritated him to hear that Junior was only NOW taking a step up. WTF is that?

Bear with me..... I've only mentioned one reason so far.

Next. BECAUSE he's Chavez's son.... not only has he been coddled into an artificial record. He's also been protected by probably the most corrupt sports organization president in the history of the civilized world: Jose Sulaiman. The guy's a joke. But he's far from harmless. He's completely chummy with Papa Chavez, and has bent every rule in the book to protect Junior's previously unbeaten record. Sulaiman wants to strip OTHER boxers of their WBC belts (see: Ward, Garcia). But Junior could probably walk in there with cement blocks tied to his hands (like Margarito, who by the way Sulaiman defended vehemently)..... and Sulaiman would probably wink and look the other way.

Want more? How about the doping issues with Chavez Jr. The missed piss tests. "Oh... little Junior can't produce a piss sample. I guess we'll all have to go home." Give me a fucking break. The rules aren't bent...... they're broken.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I WILL add this: The hate isn't just reserved for the Chavez cartel. Some of it goes to the blind Chavez fans, like in this forum. He's Mexican, so he can do no wrong. Just like Margarito. So naturally..... when Junior got taught a painful boxing lesson by a one-handed man on Saturday...... the gloating was on BIG TIME!!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

You ask for reasons... fair enough. But then people give you reasons and you dismiss them. Let me try to put it in my own way:

The vast majority of big-name fighters nowadays have to work their ASS off to amass 30 or 40 wins at the professional level. Then along comes this spoiled brat (this is where his training habits and his lack of discipline... it must take a lot ($$) for Roach to put up with him), and begins fighting dead bodies as a pro. The excuse given by blind Chavez fans is that he had no amateur career.

WHAT THE FUCK, MORONIC KIND OF EXCUSE IS THAT?!?

What fault is it of anyone that he chose to not have an amateur career? So that gives you a free pass to begin amassing an artificial "pro" record that will be compared to those poor bastards that are fighting good opposition by their 10th fight? I don't think so. Because at the end of it all..... people are just going to look at the numbers. "Oh... he's got 50 or 100 victories? Wow!! He must've been head and shoulders above everybody else!" Bullshit. Most of the victories were with training wheels on. Sergio Martinez himself aluded to this, by saying Junior was undeserving of being a champion..... and it irritated him to hear that Junior was only NOW taking a step up. WTF is that?

Bear with me..... I've only mentioned one reason so far.

Next. BECAUSE he's Chavez's son.... not only has he been coddled into an artificial record. He's also been protected by probably the most corrupt sports organization president in the history of the civilized world: Jose Sulaiman. The guy's a joke. But he's far from harmless. He's completely chummy with Papa Chavez, and has bent every rule in the book to protect Junior's previously unbeaten record. Sulaiman wants to strip OTHER boxers of their WBC belts (see: Ward, Garcia). But Junior could probably walk in there with cement blocks tied to his hands (like Margarito, who by the way Sulaiman defended vehemently)..... and Sulaiman would probably wink and look the other way.

Want more? How about the doping issues with Chavez Jr. The missed piss tests. "Oh... little Junior can't produce a piss sample. I guess we'll all have to go home." Give me a fucking break. The rules aren't bent...... they're broken.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I WILL add this: The hate isn't just reserved for the Chavez cartel. Some of it goes to the blind Chavez fans, like in this forum. He's Mexican, so he can do no wrong. Just like Margarito. So naturally..... when Junior got taught a painful boxing lesson by a one-handed man on Saturday...... the gloating was on BIG TIME!!!!!

Tito,

I cant speak for everyone but when you say some Mexican fans blindly cheer for Chavez because he's Mexican and "can do no wrong" I think maybe you are misinterpretting or misunderstanding the sentiment. For me personally its not that he can do no wrong or that I am blind to the suspicions that go on in his career its simply that despite all those things he is still Mexican so we support our country man.

Like I mentioned in threads before the fight, if he would have won the win can have all the asteriks on it you want and I wouldnt whole heartedly cheer for Chavez with all the passes he has gotten but when it comes down to it and the two guys are in the ring of course I want the Mexican fighter to win. Doesnt mean its blind or misguided it just is what it is, you know Boxing is very nationalistic so chalk it up to that not some "Little Mexican Connection" as you like to call it.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this a serious question? Barker won much more time as well as Macklin and Pavlik. Proved he belonged in the ring with Martinez? He was shut out. Completely by a man with a broken power hand that he probably outweighed by 15 pounds.

A day after the fight ended Arum is in the press claiming they are in discussion for a rematch in Cowboys stadium lmfao.

Dislike has nothing to do with it. He was born with a silver spoon up his ass and was just totally and irrevocably exposed.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@beenKOed -
    Just to note, Junior has a huge fan following. Outside of Mayweather, Pacquiao, and the Klitschkos, he is arguably the most popular boxer in the world. His fights do better ratings on HBO than any other boxer. His fight against Martinez allegedly did more than 500,000 PPV's; that's due to Junior, not Martinez. Thus, the posters here that don't like him actually might be in the minority.

As for me, I could care less if he is the coddled son of a boxing legend. I dislike him because he reeks of shadiness. Nevada suspends him for illegal drug use in his fight against Rowland. So, he moves his fights to Texas. In Texas, the boxing commission and the sanctioning body both conveniently forget to take his urine samples to test for drug use in the Rubio fight. In the following fight against Andy Lee, Emmanual Steward, an experienced trainer, also questioned the circumstances surrounding the drug test. Taking it all together, it is hard for me to like a guy where in almost every single fight it appears something untoward happens.

Thread Information